part 2 of GW2 interview by ONLINEWELTEN.com
interesting tidbits i picked up:
- we will be fighting Zhaitan only for the initial GW2 release, not including the other elder dragons. maybe expansions will deal with the other dragons.
- day and night cycles will NOT be 24hours and there will be weather effects
- no factions
- there is at least ONE dwarf active in GW2
- an easily obtainable consumable item will be used to breathe underwater
- skill used by Charr at the end of the trailer will not be player useable
- GW2 has significantly larger areas than GW1, so expect long distances between "zone bopundaries"
- "asura warriror will be just as effective as a norn warrior", no class restrictions for each race
- event system conceived way back when they were planning for Utopia
- no chronomancer for GW2
Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max