Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New player with a few questions..

Since I apparently can't post on the official boards (i guess because im on a trial account) I just have a few questions:

I am a light-medium RPer and like populated servers where I can get groups and pvp during any hour of the day.. It seems RPers are on most servers, but Bria and Chilastra are the two that stand out. Which would be better suited for me?

Is there an abundance of Jedi? I would like to lvl either BH or Jedi (I usually play melee hybrids in MMOs) and Jedi sounds like my class of choice.

Are you forced to choose between Rebel and Impereal? Can you remain truly neutral?

Comments

• KazaraKazara Member UncommonPosts: 1,086

There is only one server that has a population that is large enough for what you ask - Starsider (it is the most populated server). Bria and Chilastra are not nearly as populated and are more active at specific times of day. Jedi is the most popular profession. You can stay neutral, but if you do, that rules out PvP unless you go bounty hunter and take player bounties.

• Legato89Legato89 Member Posts: 297
    Originally posted by Kazara

There is only one server that has a population that is large enough for what you ask - Starsider (it is the most populated server). Bria and Chilastra are not nearly as populated and are more active at specific times of day. Jedi is the most popular profession. You can stay neutral, but if you do, that rules out PvP unless you go bounty hunter and take player bounties.

Hmm...Ok, I think ill go BH then. How does ranged/melee combat work? Are you forced to either pick one or the other?

• KazaraKazara Member UncommonPosts: 1,086
    Originally posted by Legato89

Originally posted by Kazara

Hmm...Ok, I think ill go BH then. How does ranged/melee combat work? Are you forced to either pick one or the other?

I am not knowledgeable about the intricacies of Bounty Hunter and player bounty hunting, so here is a link to the profession board where you can read up.

forums.station.sony.com/swg/forums/show.m

There will be plenty of info regarding templates, strategy and current issues. You can respec to anotehr profession if BH isn't your cup of tea. Good Luck.

• JatwhalJatwhal Member Posts: 162

I would pretty much agree with the replies.

If you're looking for 24/7 SS is the only choice.  Everywhere else you will have highs and lows on population. 

Chilly is slow in the early am EST hours...

Most classes make you choose ranged or melee expertise.  There's just not enough expertise points to mix them effectively, IMHO

Yes you would have to choose faction to get full on pvp.  Neutral BH will be solo one on one pvp.

Yeah Jedi are everywhere. It's what most people want to play...

Best of luck

I would like to state that in no way shape or form that anything I receive from SOE influences my opinion about SWG or their company. I’m pretty much a typical average player enjoying the game.