Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

12 servers closing is a success?

13»

Comments

• StarDaggerStarDagger Member Posts: 135

This brings joy to my heart, all i can respond with is the immortal words of C3PO

"Shut them all down!"

Let's end this crap once and for all, SWG is as much Star wars as Kate Hudsons pinky toe!

We will be getting some Real SW action soon enough, in the form of TOR, thank the Eternal Force!

Yours in the Force,

Star*Dagger

• JestorRodoJestorRodo Member UncommonPosts: 2,642

Originally posted by Mizzoufan
    agree to disagree?
    if ur not playing anymore who cares. SW:TOR is coming out so let's look to the future and not the past.

Agree , But it was due to SOE's total mismanagement of this game is the reason for the reduction in servers , As I mentioned in my report below. SW:TOR will deliver hope for the future for as it appears with the shutdown of close to half of their servers, SWG is quickly becoming only fond memories of the past in Star Wars MMO gaming.

Unaware of the Jestor?
    http://about.me/JestorRodo/

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907
    Originally posted by StarDagger

This brings joy to my heart, all i can respond with is the immortal words of C3PO
    "Shut them all down!"

LOL :) That was clever!

• MaligarMaligar Member Posts: 81

If you're gonna necro a thread, at least add something meaningful to it?  Maybe? Yeah?

Maligar Kelison
    Threat Removal

15 days is not necro, take a breath and deal with it.

Originally posted by Bribone

<Mod Edit>

Success for SOE now would mean closing down all the servers, giving people 3 months free on TOR, and writing a detailed apology for the pile of bantha poo-doo that SWG has been since they ruined it.

Since that will not happen we will have to deal with another 12 months or so of SWG limping along until they close the servers.

Yours in Successful Plasma,

Star*Dagger

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907
    Originally posted by Bribone

<Mod Edit>

It's just spin. People are continuing to pretend the game is going well, even though ALL signs now point at game closure. Server closings, Officer stats being at an all time low, the dwindling developer pool (down to 5 or 6 tops), no job openings, no Producer note beyond the GCW Update, no bug fixes, no Entertainer relics from 2 Updates ago, no TCG expansion, bugs aren't even acknowledged on the forums these days...sad, but...meh...lots of things in life are sadder.

The one thing I just don't understand is...what happened?

It's **edit**ing STAR WARS! How do you **edit** up an MMO based on STAR WARS? Bioware couldn't even do that with the KotoR series...that wasn't even "kinda like" SW IMO. Besides a glow bat and a few planets I've heard of in movies, KotoR was nothing but a worthless sci-fi game with far too much dialog, stupid looking droids, swords and whiny **edit**ing support characters. 

SoE can simply not be that poorly of a run company. There has to be more to this than we know. Do you think they have a deadline with LA to close SWG before/when ToR hits? LA would be fools to not promote the new multi-million dollar investment they have in ToR over the oft criticized SWG. Was the TCG just a way to finish squeezing SWG players of every conceivable cent? 

My guess is that the decision to close SWG, and when that is to be done, has already been made.

This discussion has been closed.