Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Borderlands strikes Gold!

ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Borderlands has gone gold! Gearbox Software has now wrapped up the

final versions of the game including the PC build to join the Xbox 360

and PlayStation 3 versions that have already gone off to the presses.

We've done it! The official press release is here:

Gearbox Software Announces Borderlands™ has Gone Gold

Gearbox Software is proud to announce that its highly anticipated game, Borderlands™, has gone to "gold master" for the Xbox 360™, the PlayStation 3 and the PC. Published by 2K Games, Borderlands will be available in North America on October 20, 2009 on consoles and October 26, 2009 on PC and in Europe beginning October 23, 2009 for consoles and October 30th on PC.

In Borderlands, players step into the shoes of a Vault Hunter! Rumors whisper of a Vault of alien technology hidden on the remote wasteland planet Pandora, that it holds immeasurable wealth for whoever finds it. Can you survive to discover if the Vault is real?

RPS (Role-Playing Shooter): Fast-paced shooter action (no dice rolling!) combined with character development and growth, choice, and tons of loot!

Four Classes: Level up as one of four distinct characters, with their own unique skills and abilities.

Dangerous World: Fight your way through vicious alien wildlife, marauding gangs of bandits, and their leaders – and that’s just the easy stuff!

Loot: Borderlands generates millions of guns, grenade mods, energy shields, artifacts, and more! Find the perfect gun!

Play Your Way: Online, offline, singleplayer, or up to 4-player co-op (or 2-player splitscreen), you play Borderlands your way!

Persistent Character: Level up and take your character to other players’ games, or have them join yours in drop-in, drop-out co-op! Keep your progress, experience, and equipment between games!

Huge Game: Explore, gather loot, complete tons of side quests and challenges, finish the main story and continue on to a second playthrough (with tougher enemies and better loot), or even challenge your friends to combat!

Think you'll be the one to find the Vault? Grab your friends, your FPS skills, and guns (lots of them) and get ready to level up and find out in Borderlands! For more information, visit http://www.borderlandsthegame.com.

Source: www.gearboxity.com/content/view/497/33/

Comments

• teamoxteamox Member Posts: 5

Looking forward to see how it is received.

• DradiinDradiin Member Posts: 259

Maybe if this game had PvP instead of just co-op i would be interested. But meh, its just another FPS with mutants now, i got Fallout 3, i dont need a subpar rehash.

FYI OP, you appear to be a shill for the developers, your avatar, yer sig, and well you kinda look a bit fanboish.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    Originally posted by Dradiin

Maybe if this game had PvP instead of just co-op i would be interested. But meh, its just another FPS with mutants now, i got Fallout 3, i dont need a subpar rehash.

FYI OP, you appear to be a shill for the developers, your avatar, yer sig, and well you kinda look a bit fanboish.

This is actually my first Gearbox title I will be playing so I'm not that much of a fanboy at all, although I admit this game will be awesome. It is far from a Fallout 3 clone. Borderlands will have more action, more loot, we do not shoot things in slow motion which makes for boring combat, persistent character whhich means you can swap between single player and multiplayer and no lose any levels or loot, it is a roll playing shooter not just a fps. So yeah, far from a rehash. I played Fallout 3 and liked it but Borderlands will be more fun to play.  You also can customize your on vehicle (thats right there is vehicle comabt) any color with any weapon and there is a ton of mods you can customize your vehicle with.