Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I had more fun building the 3D Paper Figure than playing the game.

JohnarkJohnark Member Posts: 901

I feel like I just wasted 60$ buying Lineage II this afternoon.

Well... not completely disapointed...

I'm disapointed because like everyone says, you either LOVE this game, or HATE this game.  I'm disapointed because I'm part of the HATE group.  The game is horrible gameplay wise (Click to move? Geez 75% of the time I'm always rotating the damn camera to find my next target, I hate it, no keyboard movement sucks).  I played for a total of 3 hours, I managed to get far, I got killed twice by newbie-slayers.  What made me quit was when the 2nd newbie-slayer PKed me, I asked him why he does that, his response was: "Shut up newbie!! This game is Open-PVP so get used to it."   Which shows the community sucks too. 

But on the other hand, I'm glad I paid the extra 10$ for the DVD edition... after uninstalling the game and saying to myself I will never play Lineage II ever again, I took 15 minutes to look around the house for some paper glue, and started working on the 3D Paper Doll of the Elf girl.  2 hours later, I had both of her arms completed.  Realizing that 22 inches is huge after seeing the size of her arms, I just wish I had spent more time building the 3D paper doll than waste 3 hours of my life playing Lineage II.

I can see where SOE got all the great ideas to make Star Wars Galaxies' UI amazing... they took everything that was wrong in Lineage II and did the total opposite in SWG for the UI and the UI only ... because SWG still sucks gameplay wise. lol image

____ _ ____________ _ ____

*** BOYCOTT BEGGARS ***
Don't tip newbies when they ask for money! They are veteran players trying to get easy money for their newly created characters. Please support the BOYCOTT BEGGARS ASSOCIATION by donating some money or free rare loots. Thank you for your support.

___________ ___ __ _ _ _
Stealth - Ambush - Hemorrhage - Sinister Strike x2 - Cold Blood - Eviscerate - Vanish - Preparation - Cold Blood - Ambush - ... you're dead! :P

Comments

• BigPeelerBigPeeler Member Posts: 1,270

it's pretty much common knowledge in L2 that you will hate it the 1st few days...

the PnC movement really isnt that bad after you get used to it...

99% of the PK'ing stops after level 20...

i say (if you can) get to at least level 20+ before you completely ditch it... alot of people change their minds after that...

you just gotta roll with it... you get PK'd? just take a deep breath, count backwards from 10, and think about how sweet it's gonna be when you're hunting the bastard down...

--------------------------------
    Games Played - Too many to list~
    Games Currently Playing - City of Heroes
    Favorite Game So Far - Lineage 1 ^^
    Waiting For - EQ2 and WoW (OB is gonna be hell T_T l33t d3wdz everwhere >_<;;)

--------------------------------------

• enzymeenzyme Member UncommonPosts: 464

Out of morbid curiosity I purchased the regular retail box for 20 bucks instead of the uber collectors edition.

I ended up being a part of the Love crowd, simply based on the fact that yeah, it's difficult, the economy sucks, but the world itself is interesting, the monsters are cool, the character models are highly stylized.

I think the difficulty really attracted me to the game because any ioda of advancement (able to finally afford that 16k sword, another level, etc.) feels like an accomplishment.

I am at level 12 now about to hit 13, It has been hard at times finding people to group with, but even soloing is somewhat enjoyable. Mind you I do play this game at a very casual level 2hrs at most a night, my job currently soaks up roughly 11hrs of my day. I will usually play longer on the weekends.

ultimately, I found this game to be very underrated.

----------------
    Current:
    Planetside
    Lineage II
    -----------------
    Past:
    Neocron,EQ,EQOA,CoH,FFXI,Outpost Beta,EVE,DAoC,AC2,SWG,AO

Current Games:

• tharkthark Member UncommonPosts: 1,188

Originally posted by enzyme

Out of morbid curiosity I purchased the regular retail box for 20 bucks instead of the uber collectors edition.
    I ended up being a part of the Love crowd, simply based on the fact that yeah, it's difficult, the economy sucks, but the world itself is interesting, the monsters are cool, the character models are highly stylized.
    I think the difficulty really attracted me to the game because any ioda of advancement (able to finally afford that 16k sword, another level, etc.) feels like an accomplishment.
    I am at level 12 now about to hit 13, It has been hard at times finding people to group with, but even soloing is somewhat enjoyable. Mind you I do play this game at a very casual level 2hrs at most a night, my job currently soaks up roughly 11hrs of my day. I will usually play longer on the weekends.
    ultimately, I found this game to be very underrated.

----------------
    Current:
    Planetside
    Lineage II
    -----------------
    Past:

Unfortunatly, you won't last long in Lineage2 with only 2 hours per day to play weather you like it or not, since you will only see a very very very small progress in your characther post lvl 15..This game has one of the toughest grinds, and getting to lvl 20 with 2hours play per day will take you a very long time...Well Ill give you a few weeks more then I think you will quit L2..And mind you lvl 20 is only the actual start of the game..

/Junker

• enzymeenzyme Member UncommonPosts: 464
    I am really enjoying the game, I have a feeling I will be sticking with it for some time to come. Even after EQ2 and Wow are released.

----------------
    Current:
    Planetside
    Lineage II
    -----------------
    Past:

Current Games:

• styles74styles74 Member Posts: 222

y the hell would you buy this game now? ? ?

sorry about your loss. 

Work is the curse of the drinking classes.

Oscar Wilde

- John Wooden

• AdoraAdora Member Posts: 320

I actually just purchased the Collector's Edition myself last night. I was lucky and found it on sale for 27.99. Good price. I played during Closed/Open Beta and when I reactivated my account with the Collector's Edition I was happy to see that my character (from beta) was still there.

Anyhow, back on topic. Regarding the click and move. I know that when I first started the game, it was horrible. But, I did get used to it, and I actually prefer it that way. I don't know, first person in that game will do nothing but get you killed. Having it in 3rd lets you see a lot more on screen and you can watch your back better.

• archonfuryarchonfury Member Posts: 139

I also didn't like the click and move, but got used to it.
    First time I played this game 1-18lvl was very fun for me.

After quitting my human and making a dwarf, it was pure hell. 1-20 sucks if you don't have the best equipment. But you can get there pretty fast if you know what to do.

If you play a dwarf, it's all down hill from level 30.

The best thing to do in this game is make a daggar race. Seems like the most fun. Whatever you do, don't go healer/dwarf.

I could see myself a lvl 60+ if I would have started a dagger race in open beta. Unless you have 6+ hours to devot to this game, it is not worth it.

ps- only good thing about a dwarf artisan, is that you can scam people. I made over 5 million adena in scamming people. Not to mention I got some top of the line equipment. Get in a clan, have them give u materials to craft like a gastraphes bow, and scam them and leave. Thats what I did. That's how I got from level 25-36.

>B=()
    >8()

>B=()
    >8()

• JohnarkJohnark Member Posts: 901

Originally posted by styles74

y the hell would you buy this game now? ? ?
    sorry about your loss. 

MMORPG sickness... I quite Star Wars Galaxies, I thought I would last until EQ2 or WoW... and well I didn't, so I downloaded tones of free trials of MMORPGs, even those I never thought I would play (coughSecondLifecough)... I ended up trying beg for a free trial or buddy account directly at NCSoft for a free Lineage II account, those bastards didn't wanna do anything other than saying I could buy a CD-key online for 50$, which is cheaper to buy in store and I get the cute 3D paper doll.

All in all, I'm still not finished with the paper doll (I'm taking my time, still have the armor and shield to put together)... but I'm very picky, if a game sucks at the beginning, I always feel it will suck later on.

Quite a few MMORPGs did not suck at the beginning, which is why I continued.  And well, I played the 7 day trial of Dark Age of Camelot and I kept loving it for 3 straight days from beginning till the end, which is why I ended up buying the Platinum Edition.

Now I'm accepted for the freaking Everquest 2 beta when the game is coming out in 6 days... dammit... now I have to play that game and if it rocks, I'll have to quit DaoC... grrr...

Scissors & Wood Glue - 19.99$
    Lineage II Platinum Edition DVD - 59.99$
    Having more fun building the 3D Elf Paper doll that came free with the game rather than playing Lineage II - Priceless.

For everything else, there's Mastercard.

___________ ___ __ _ _ _
    Stealth - Ambush - Hemorrhage - Sinister Strike x2 - Cold Blood - Eviscerate - Vanish - Preparation - Cold Blood - Ambush - ... you're dead! :P

• newbinatornewbinator Member Posts: 780

Ouch $60 bucks, man that hurts, I feel your pain image  I know what it's like to want to play something to tide you over, I've been waiting for EQ2 forever and I've tried so many free trials for other MMORPG's just to kill some time. Sadly yes Lineage 2 has one of the worst communities of any MMO, and yes the point and click movement is retarded. What's funny is I actually kinda liked Lineage 1, I mean it is what it is... a fast paced hack N' slash. Lineage 2 is much more slower paced with lots of downtime and overall is a complete bore compared to Lineage 1. Oh well one more week until Everquest 2 arrives, I just hope none of those little freaks from L2 come over to EQ2, nah what the hell am I saying, theyd never play EQ2 because they wouldn't be allowed to show how uber they are by killing someone 30 levels lower than them, hurray for no PvP! image

Oh and as for sticking it out and "waiting" for a game to become fun at higher levels, that is complete and utter BS, if a game doesn't hook me in the first 5 minutes then I'm gone, if a game feels like work instead of fun right of the bat that should be a warning sign... heed that warning and get the hell out of that game. First impressions are everything, either a game hooks me or it doesn't. DAOC had me at hello, 10 minutes into Lineage 2 I said goodbye.