Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Watch out for Hackers!!!

enfermagemenfermagem Member Posts: 12

Hi Mu Players!image I would like to propose a subject that worries everyone! ( I speak for myself )

I weard someone in game saying that he had been hacked! image

QUESTION: Can someone be hacked without giving the acount name and password? image

Because, if someone can be hacked without giving any of the information to anyone, thats a big problem to the owner of Mu Online, because he cant control that! imageimageimage

Good Luck Mu Players! image

Comments

• NightbrotherNightbrother Member Posts: 35

A friend of mine who plays MU and is in the biggest guild on one of the servers (he has a lvl 220+ fighter and 250+ elf) has been hacked 5-6 times.

I'd say, don't hang on to your weapons too tightly, and keep a good watch on your p/w. Do what you can to keep it safe, also electronically.

• enfermagemenfermagem Member Posts: 12

Sorry to hear that... image So, I like Mu Online and I'm in risk of losing all??? image

Someone should do something to prevent that! imageimageimageimageimage

Maybe there is a way to warn WebZen, but i suppose that they already know!

Good Luck Mu Players! image

• MaidenMaiden Member Posts: 22
    you could always play on a private server. that remedies the hacker problem. There are tons out thereso they shouldn't be too hard to find.
  • admjn65admjn65 Member Posts: 253
    yea I'm with Maiden, I recommend trying to switch to a private server.  I Quit MuOnline 6 months ago and hacking was a big problem then, so If Webzen hasn't done anything to prevent it in the last six months then I doubt they are going to do anything at all.  I heard that if you change your password often then it reduces the chance of getting hacked.

• ghghthghghth Member Posts: 3

Mu Online has a very bad reputation when it comes to hacking.  On their forums, every day you hear of someone big being hacked.

If you really had to play mu, you could enjoy it more on a private server.  Finding one though, is the problem.

• Really? i thought there wasnt a way to hack people Without haveing the password... I havent been hacked on any MMORPG before so im not worrying

• Okami_aeOkami_ae Member Posts: 61
    Hmm, it's very hard to hack but its easier if your nick in the game is the same as your account

• gfboixxgfboixx Member Posts: 108
    it just goes to show u dat nprotect is useless for mu. image  if they hack into ur accnt, unless u have sumthin good, they wont touch it.  if u do have sumthin worthwhile, then i suggest changing ur pws every 1-2weeks