Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Star IP will win?

Star Trek Online / Stargate Wolrds / SW: The Old Republic

all great shows (kinda) but will the MMOs for these IPs really deliver? all 3 have a non-WoW/EQ style- every player will be a pet class in the sense that have a crew/team/side cast to tag along and add to over all stats and ability's. with almost all MMOs as cookie cutter games will these have to many changes to last? do we the MMO public really want just the same old game with a new skin and story or r all the changes going to be welcomed? WAR is so close to WoW with only a few changes (after the next WoW xpack none) and they r down to 20 servers.

the big question I'm asking is do these 3 "Star" IPs have a chance to get ppl away from WoW?

^ Its true

Comments

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Lets see now:

CME: Rather suspicious bunch who never made a game before. Constant problem with funding.

Cryptic: Made City of heroes and Champions online. Playable games at least but not that great.

Bioware: Made Baldurs gate, Knights of the old republic and Neverwinter nights. Several games that sold more than a million copies and Blizzards old arch enemy.

Hmmm, who will make the best game?

Sorry, this is a no brainer. Bioware have some of the most talented devs in the computer world, Cryptic have Roper (Hellgate London, some parts of Diablo(not  the best part, that was Strain)).

It is true that Bioware never made a MMO before while Cryptic have made 2 but check the PC bestseller list, it is full of 2 companies: Bioware and Blizzard. Many traditional MMO player wont like TOR but the Bioware fans will and many people who never played MMOs before.

• MorganL420MorganL420 Member Posts: 10

I honestly dont know much about the SG worlds MMO, but I have done extensive research into the STO and SWTOR. and despite the fact that SW is going to be fully voiced,  my vote goes for ST simply because there is a much larger wealth avaliable to the gamer at this point about how the game will function, in regards to the SW mmo we only know a few classes, we know its sith v jedi, but most of the details are still up in the air, ie gaming mechanics..... akso personally, i have always preffered games that require a more tactical mind, and simply based on the shows/movies, ST wins there because the space battles are always much more tactical that SW space battles which are more like dog fights in space.

• thafireballthafireball Member Posts: 200

Star Craft online!

• EbenEben Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 522

Easy answer.  Star Wars TOR.  It has a wider audience and more universal appeal.  Stargate will probably end up being vaporware, and Star Trek nerds will probably be too busy bickering over the color of the buttons on a phaser graphic in game, or some other equally irrelevant detail, to even get anything accomplished while playing. 

Katsma is Lithuanian for 'he who drinks used douche fluid'.

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

WoW was a freak accident. I don't think anything like that will ever happen again in this genre, personally.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.