Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Towntown online - A baby game

This game might be popular with teen agers and young adults but it first was targeting 6 and below kids. Disney made this game  to first target 4,5,6 year old kids and there familys but it ended up doing loney teenagers and loney young adults for some werid reason. they where basicly trying to do what wizard 101 did. make a family game.they ended up cuting there losses and added advanced typing in the game

Comments

• kittyvonkitakittyvonkita Member Posts: 75

My friend bought a premium for me once and I couldn't refuse.

My favorite part was going up to a green monkey and saying "You Stink!"

The game IS amusing!

• scuubeedooscuubeedoo Member Posts: 458

this game will destroy DaoC

"Traditionally, massively multiplier online games have been about three basic gameplay pillars – combat, exploration and character progression. In Alganon, in addition to these we've added the fourth pillar to the equation: Copy & Paste."

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

honestly if their main goal is to be FUNNY!

they could be more popular then wow since there is not one game aimed directly at that genre in america

3 stooges

laurel and hardy

road runner

go to sleep

here comes TOONTOWN!

grin!

• DerekHarumiDerekHarumi Member UncommonPosts: 37

Originally posted by DSLA1195

This game might be popular with teen agers and young adults but it first was targeting 6 and below kids. Disney made this game  to first target 4,5,6 year old kids and there familys but it ended up doing loney teenagers and loney young adults for some werid reason. they where basicly trying to do what wizard 101 did. make a family game.they ended up cuting there losses and added advanced typing in the game

I don't even know what you're talking about. This is IS targeted for kids, but it happens to attract young teenagers and adultss, too. It's not a baby game. If you had some general knowledge, babies can't even PLAY games. Stop jumping to conclusions and play the game for at least two hours. It's an MMORPG. You can play with other people, and you can do "Toontasks", or quests.

• LoneWolfiNTjLoneWolfiNTj Member Posts: 10

Originally posted by DSLA1195

No. 

FIrst of all, Toontown was designed from the start to attract both adults and children, and indeed over half the users are and always have been adults. 

Secondly, playing toontown requires good reading skills, so you won't find many 3,4,5 year-old-children playing it; most of the players are in the 9 - 90 range. (And yes, I do have friends on my friends lists as young as 9 and as old as 90.  At 50, I'm about halfway between those extremes, myself.) 

Thirdly, Toontown predates Wizard 101 by several years, so cannot possibly have been based on it.  Toontown is based in part on the movie "Who Framed Roger Rabbit", and in part on old 50s and 60s cartoons, especially ones by Tex Avery (which involve a lot of sound and drop gags).  Wizard 101 borrows many features and techniques from Toontown, but maintains it's own unique flavor.  I play both games frquently, so I'm well aware of both the similarities and differences.

Fourthly, why do you say Toontown appeals mostly to "lonely" people?  I think you're confusing "lonliness" with "introversion", which are two very different things.  Generally, "lonliness" is an extravert thing; such people hit the singles bars, they don't stay home on their computer.  The folks who stay home are generally the "anti-lonely": persons who prefer solitude or one-on-one interactions over mingling and glad-handing and two-facing their way through big noisy parties.

So perhaps you should actually spend some time playing a game before pronouncing a lot of opinions on it.

Cheers,
    Robbie Hatley
    Stanton, CA, USA
    twiddletooth [at] gmail [dot] com
    www dot well dot com slant tilde lonewolf slant