Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recommend Me Games!

DawnsingerDawnsinger Member Posts: 212

Come on, chaps! Name me your favourite games and / or the pinnacles of each genre that you'd recommend to play!

http://www.havenandhearth.com
The Best New Sandbox Game Out There.

Comments

• bluhoteyesbluhoteyes Member UncommonPosts: 32

My favorite game is a MMORTS called SAGA by silverlode you can go to http://mmohub.org/game/saga/  to get the free full account too:)   Oopppps had the link written wrong;) Happy i check it

• ownededyouownededyou Member Posts: 6

Originally posted by Dawnsinger

Come on, chaps! Name me your favourite games and / or the pinnacles of each genre that you'd recommend to play!

try perfect world international. The community is great and the world is pretty big. It is an asian mmorpg but its not that grindy and its free. pwi.perfectworld.com 

Go there to download the game and create an account.

• adriansitooadriansitoo Member Posts: 3

aion lol

• DawnsingerDawnsinger Member Posts: 212
    Originally posted by bluhoteyes

My favorite game is a MMORTS called SAGA by silverlode you can go to http://mmohub.org/game/saga/  to get the free full account too:)   Oopppps had the link written wrong;) Happy i check it

I played that during alpha / beta, has it got any better since? =p

Also, I mean games in general, not just MMOs!

http://www.havenandhearth.com
    The Best New Sandbox Game Out There.

• AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059

Here's a few genres.

2D Fighter:  

Favorite - Street Fighter II                       Modern Recommendation - Blazblue

3D Fighter:

Favorite - Soul Calibur                            Modern Recommendation - Soul Calibur IV

Action RPG (Diablo Style):

Favorite - Diablo                                       Modern Recommendation -  Sacred II

RPG:

Favorite - Might and Magic II                   Modern Recommendations - Fable II, Fallout 3, Mass Effect

J-RPG:

Favorite - Final Fantasy II                        Modern Recommendation - Eternal Sonata

I'd recommend looking at top rated games on metacritic for a list of games that are worth playing.

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

Replaying kotor 1 atm and enjoying it. Also loving the new Blood Bowl. Looking forward to Dragon Age Origins.

• nickelpatnickelpat Member Posts: 661

I'm not going to list the pinnacles of gaming, because that'd be a lot of thought on my part, rather my personal favorites:

RPG - Mass Effect

Shooter (Offline) - Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood

Shooter (Online) - Any of the Battlefield games, or Section 8

Strategy - World in Conflict

MMORPG - EVE or Fallen Earth

MMOFPS - PlanetSide

MMORTS - SAGA

Sandbox Game (Think Grand Theft Auto) - Saints Row 2

Game that really had no genre because it's very, very weird - Mount and Blade (it's like a political game, a shooter, a bit of a strategy game, along with an RPG. In the end, it's a fantasy life simulator, with less options as to what your life actually is)

Best mod to said weird game - Star Wars Conquest

Best Unreal Tournament mod - Angels Fall First: PlanetSide for UT3

Best indie game - Mount and Blade

Best fighting game - Street Fighter 4

Best Racing Game - Need for Speed: SHIFT (or GRID)

Best old game people still play online - Diablo II

Best Puzzle Game - Portal

And Lasty....

Best game to make your computer shed tears - Crysis, in a 64 player multiplayer map.

---
    Jordaniel Torey - Navy Megathron, Active Armor Tank - Tranquility - EVE Online
    ---
    Torey Scott - Rifleman - Fallen Earth

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but I know World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein