Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why do people think the game is single player oriented?

Comments

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

When I think more and more of this game, it makes me think of Lord of the Rings Online.  LotRO is a story based game.  It's not some huge sandbox game, it's fairly linear in how you level (sure you have choices on where to level), it's story leads you down the same path.  But one thing it was not, was a solo only based game.  Sure, there was plenty of solo quests.  Giving a person who only wishes to solo in a MMO<---- is okay, but giving equal rewards for easier/faster content than group things is very silly to me. 

More people means the content can be harder.  More people means more things that need to be done, that need to be reacted to, that could wipe the group.  As a solo player, there is only so much one person can kill/control/do by themselves.  Content will be much easier for a solo player. 

As to the game itself.  It's great that people have passed judgment on a game that we still know little about.  "It's going to be tiny", "Everyone does the same thing", "You'll do only what the devs want you to do", "Everyone will look the same".  I guess others must have more info on the game then the rest of us to know these things. 

Do I expect SWG sized worlds for every world? No, but I sure don't expect a map the size of an fps game like others seem to assume. 

Do I think everyone will do the same thing? Yes but no.  Everyone will level up, kill mobs, do quests, do the storyline, talk to their friends, hang out, craft, pvp, etc.  But than again, to put that in perspective, everyone does the same thing in every MMO than...

If you don't do what the devs wanted you to do, you wouldn't be playing the game.  In a sandbox game, the devs created mechanics for you to craft, or pvp, or pve in the aspect of the way the game was created.  Yet you aren't doing what they wanted? You are doing it....differently? wat? 

Will everyone look the same? At low levels, I am sure they will.  At end game levels, they made mention they want people to look different, but than, without dyes or outfits like LotrO, I wouldn't doubt it to be similar to WoW.  Very few MMO's is their not a "Best set" of armor for a class that they wear, that everyone else of that class wears the exact same thing, except dyed.  That's just the limits of art in a game with tons and tons of players.

It does sort of make one look silly to know how a game is going to be before info to confirm or deny opinions is released.  If someone wants SWG 2, it's been stated many times, this is not that.  So begging, whining, bitching and moaning won't get that.  But than posting how bad the game is when you don't even know, and when you already prehate the game is just well, trollish!

• greed0104greed0104 Member Posts: 2,134
    Originally posted by Teala

It is a very linear, story driven, co-op game with limited game play beyond the scope of the immediate visual world.    If you think this game is going to be anything like a sandbox game or be as open as WoW, you're sadly mistaken.    Also, we have only iconic classes to play.   The character models are some of the worse we've seen in an MMORPG - lots of people think this.    I'll bet you one bounty hunter will play like the next and look like the next - due to limited armor and clothing options and it'll reek of stagnate skill progression ala every other main stream MMORPG to date.   There will be no massive worlds to explore and you can bet they will be level centric - in that you will have to be level x to go there.   
    People can sit and say different...but until I see otherwise - this game seems like the developers are going to make sure you play their game, follow their path they all ready laid out and most everything will be predetermined before you ever even load a character into the game.
    I mean they go so far as to show you with a green box looking figure where to stand, where to kneel for cover if you play a smuggler.    That is just how lame this game is.

You have some of the worst complaints I have ever seen, and you seem to have no clue what you're talking about.

So far we only have iconic classes because that's all there is going to be, I'm a normal person in reality, playing a hero sounds more appealing. The character models are far from the worst, and far from the best, they are moderate. As long as the models have a nice flow in animations I don't see how there could be complaints. People will play classes how they want, and if they want to copy another persons play style then please do so. It's a class based game, the character class abilities will probably be same aside from morality points. I don't think anybody can be 100% on exactly how gear will work, so at this point, it's not worth stressing over. As for room to explore, the major city alone is referred to as an "endless Manhattan". Coruscant will have over 3 levels, sounds like a lot of exploring, and that's just one out of six planets that are currently known.

Nah really places will be level entric? It's expected. Also plenty people like that, not everybody enjoys wondering where to go next or having to wander around feeling like you are playing an unfinished game.  Your smuggler complaint is seriously retarded and probably the worst one of them all, you understand it's there for a reason, not to hold your hand. I bet not all obstacles will be able to be used as cover, it's saying no more then "This spot is interactive", plenty games have done the same for people. Splinter Cell comes to mind, but that game totally blows right?

So you're saying BioWare is going to make it so we play THEIR game follow THEIR path they laid out? Hell yeah, that's what BioWare is good at. Sounds enjoyable. Sorry you don't think so, but to be honest, I'm kinda relieved.

Originally posted by Sabiancym

The MMO Gamer: So then, can you put it in context? What’s the experience going to be for the average player, the breakdown between time spent doing essentially solo activities versus group based ones?

Blaine Christine: That’s entirely up to you. We want to cater to different play styles.
    Our intent is to make the game entirely solo-able.  If you want to go through and solo, if you’re that type of player, you can play it as essentially a single-player experience.
    Of course, you’re going to have other people running around you when you’re in the areas like Hutta, just like you would in any other MMO.
    But if you choose to pursue the story on your own, you can do that.
    Similarly, if you’re a social gamer, and your core gameplay is you want to get into the game, play with your guild, group up with a bunch of people, and either just do combat or do quests together, we’re going to have a lot of opportunities for group quests so that you can do that.
    I got a question the other day, “Hey, if I’m really into more the crafting, harvesting, auction house type of gameplay, are you going to support that?” Absolutely.
    If you want to spend a lot of time in the game being great at crafting—we  haven’t talked about the specifics yet, but we’re going to have an entire system like you would expect—you’ll be able to play the game of crafting, harvesting, selling things on the auction house, do that type of gameplay, as well.

FAIL

Supporting player choice is fail?

So this basically said. We support Solo Players, We support group players, We support crafting and will deliver an experience you would expect.

Sounds like a success to me, and if they pull it off, I could see it being a major financial success as well.

• Vagrant_ZeroVagrant_Zero Member Posts: 1,190

The MMO Gamer: So then, can you put it in context? What’s the experience going to be for the average player, the breakdown between time spent doing essentially solo activities versus group based ones?
    Blaine Christine: That’s entirely up to you. We want to cater to different play styles.
    Our intent is to make the game entirely solo-able.  If you want to go through and solo, if you’re that type of player, you can play it as essentially a single-player experience.
    Of course, you’re going to have other people running around you when you’re in the areas like Hutta, just like you would in any other MMO.
    Similarly, if you’re a social gamer, and your core gameplay is you want to get into the game, play with your guild, group up with a bunch of people, and either just do combat or do quests together, we’re going to have a lot of opportunities for group quests so that you can do that.
    I got a question the other day, “Hey, if I’m really into more the crafting, harvesting, auction house type of gameplay, are you going to support that?” Absolutely.
    If you want to spend a lot of time in the game being great at crafting—we  haven’t talked about the specifics yet, but we’re going to have an entire system like you would expect—you’ll be able to play the game of crafting, harvesting, selling things on the auction house, do that type of gameplay, as well.

FAIL

You should take your own sig's advice.

Majority rules. And the majority says Solo-friendly is the way to go.

Deal with it.

People can sit and say different...but until I see otherwise - this game seems like the developers are going to make sure you play their game, follow their path they all ready laid out and most everything will be predetermined before you ever even load a character into the game.

HOLY CRAP! BIOWARE IS MAKING US PLAY A VIDEO GAME! THOSE BASTARDS! GET'EM!!!

Then again you play the glorified screensaver known as EVE. I can see how a real video game could be daunting.

• Joker2240Joker2240 Member Posts: 664
    Originally posted by greed0104

FAIL

So this basically said. We support Solo Players, We support group players, We support crafting and will deliver an experience you would expect.

Sounds like a success to me, and if they pull it off, I could see it being a major financial success as well.

First off people, YES! THIS GAME WILL BE SINGLE PLAYER ORIENTED! You can complain and whine as much as you want but it is clear on how they talk about the game and it is also written that they want it to be very solo friendly. Just cause something is solo friendly does not mean it can't have other players running around or have group interaction. Yes, it will still be an MMO.

Really, there is nothing to argue about it is a hybrid. It can be a solo game yet it can also be an mmo if you decide to play with friends. If you get bored of PvE and your solo adventures. You can go to a PvP planet and fight other players till your starwars heart desires.  

• jaxsundanejaxsundane Member Posts: 2,776
    Originally posted by Odela

Is there a reason?

Is it because we haven't seen anything massive yet?  Or because people think doing the main story is all there is to the game?

They've announced that there will be massive PvP fights and raids, as well as endgame when you complete the story.  Why are people still calling it a single player oriented MMO?

Indeed with so little info out at this time everyone has a right to speculate but I'm of the mind that the letters should be taken literally and if a game has those components it is not my place to say it isn't.  Some games I've played like AOC,COH,GW and even others have had instanced zones where all the players in that zone still may not be on the same map and while this particular design method is a negative to me I don't presume to argue the merits of wether these games are "really" mmo's or not, for most who make this argument they try so hard to be smart they just look dumb when you fail to take the letters exactly as they are meant massive,multiplayer,online,roleplaying,game.  Nothing in that really leaves interpretation it doesn't mean unless it is less than four people in the world, it doesn't say if the world exists in separate shards or servers.

We know though many will have lot's of different answers some having absolutely nothing to do with wether the game is even an mmo but again it's hard to say truly how this game is goiong to be implimented until we learn more.

but yeah, to call this game Fantastic is like calling Twilight the Godfather of vampire movies....

• SabiancymSabiancym Member UncommonPosts: 3,150

FAIL

It's not supporting group players when solo players can achieve the exact same thing without the effort needed to coordinate with a group.  It diminishes the accomplishment of groups and takes away the community aspect of the game.

It's almost forced solo play.

Person A:  "Does anyone want to go do *Insert raid/quest/mission*"

Person B: "LOL, just go do it by yourself."

Person A: "But I want to do it with other people"

Person B: "I can solo it faster."

If they add a system where grouped players can achieve more than solo players, I'll be content.  But if someone can complete every part of the game by themselves, what is the point of it being an mmo.  It might as well be KOTOR III with a chat room.

• billynomatesbillynomates Member Posts: 163

Is there a reason?

Is it because we haven't seen anything massive yet?  Or because people think doing the main story is all there is to the game?

They've announced that there will be massive PvP fights and raids, as well as endgame when you complete the story.  Why are people still calling it a single player oriented MMO?

Ill tell you why,it's because of comments like this..

Read what she says, she dosent say "you can solo most of the game" she actually says..

Our intent is to make the game entirely solo-able. If you want to go through and solo, if you’re that type of player, you can play it as essentially a single-player experience.

She has just sait "we intend to make the ENTIRE GAME SOLO-ABLE,these are her words,it's their in black& white..

Read the whole thing here...

www.mmogamer.com/10/18/2009/bioware-blaine-christine-the-old-republic

• Toquio3Toquio3 Member Posts: 1,074

I dont remember seeing jango fett getting 40 friends to track down a jedi. I never seen 100 jedis go out and kill some sith guy. Jedis work in pairs, and even mace windu only took 3 jedis with him for sidious, a sith lord. do you nay sayers even wanna play a star wars game or EQ with lightsabers? and before you pull that coliseum fight in Episode 2 on me, grats, you just proved me right. there was no grouping there, just a huge free for all. kinda like a battleground. or a unreal tournament deathmatch.

On the flipside, even if this game turns out to be kotor 3 with co-op, i will still play it and absolutely love it! and so will my (few) friends.

If you stand VERY still, and close your eyes, after a minute you can actually FEEL the universe revolving around PvP.

It's not supporting group players when solo players can achieve the exact same thing without the effort needed to coordinate with a group.  It diminishes the accomplishment of groups and takes away the community aspect of the game.
    You have absolutely no clue what will be achievable while solo and neither do I, other then you can go from 1 to level cap. I highly doubt the gear you receive that required a group will be obtainable solo.
    When you say takes away the community aspect, you mean since they arn't being forced to participate it kills it completely? During my time in WoW, another solo friendly game, I was constantly grouping and socializing, For a few reasons, Dungeons/Raids, Quests, PvP, to help people, for the hell of it.
    Let's try another.
    Person A: Does anyone want to do this group mission (links mission)?
    Person B: Yeah I need that one. Throw an invite.
    Person A: Anybody else?
    Please at least play a damn quest based MMO before you make wild assumptions that every single quest is absolutely soloable. You actually need people for some, and as they have said, there will be plenty group content and quests that are not soloable unless you have a good range of levels on the quest.

If they add a system where grouped players can achieve more than solo players, I'll be content.  But if someone can complete every part of the game by themselves, what is the point of it being an mmo.  It might as well be KOTOR III with a chat room.
    Yeah that's usually called instances, but what the hell do I know. If you're talking about quests, they are called group quests. And please don't start spewing that Solo players level faster, I always had a static group in WoW of 3 people from start to end, and I leveled twice if not three times faster even while taking on collection quests. You just want a significant advantage over solo players.

• mrroboto40mrroboto40 Member UncommonPosts: 657
    Originally posted by billynomates

snip

Read what she says, she dosent say "you can solo most of the game" she actually says..

Our intent is to make the game entirely solo-able. If you want to go through and solo, if you’re that type of player, you can play it as essentially a single-player experience.

She has just sait "we intend to make the ENTIRE GAME SOLO-ABLE,these are her words,it's their in black& white..

Don't be dumb, dungeons and raids have already been confirmed, they are not going to let you solo those.

I find it funny that you also didn't mention the next paragraph in which she describe what social players could do that solo players cannot.

"Similarly, if you’re a social gamer, and your core gameplay is you want to get into the game, play with your guild, group up with a bunch of people, and either just do combat or do quests together, we’re going to have a lot of opportunities for group quests so that you can do that."

Whats that? Group quests? Oh, fun, me and my buddies in a quest together that solo players can't do? Awesome!

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150

Let's try another.
    Please atleast play a damn quest based MMO before you make wild assumptions that every single quest is absolutely soloable. You actually need people for some, and as they have said, there will be plenty group content and quests that are not soloable unless you have a good range of levels on the quest.

rofl 95% of the time that shit does not work like that in a solo friendly game. 

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• mrroboto40mrroboto40 Member UncommonPosts: 657

snip

snip

Please tell me how that is any different than an MMORPG with 11 million players?

That's exactly why there are options, if you don't want to group with anyone, then you don't need to, which is a great choice to be able to make for people who don't want to deal with people like Person B.

Originally posted by toddze

Let's try another.
    Please atleast play a damn quest based MMO before you make wild assumptions that every single quest is absolutely soloable. You actually need people for some, and as they have said, there will be plenty group content and quests that are not soloable unless you have a good range of levels on the quest.

rofl 95% of the time that shit does not work like that in a solo friendly game. 

I'm sorry you have had bad experiences. I think you're stretching it with "95%", but sure. Also  I heard Guilds were something for people. People that wanted to be social, quest, run dungeons, group and PvP. Btw saying "in a solo friendly game" in comparison to what, a group game? Hell, I wonder why.

Originally posted by mrroboto40

snip

Don't be dumb, dungeons and raids have already been confirmed, they are not going to let you solo those.

I find it funny that you also didn't mention the next paragraph in which she describe what social players could do that solo players cannot.

"Similarly, if you’re a social gamer, and your core gameplay is you want to get into the game, play with your guild, group up with a bunch of people, and either just do combat or do quests together, we’re going to have a lot of opportunities for group quests so that you can do that."

Whats that? Group quests? Oh, fun, me and my buddies in a quest together that solo players can't do? Awesome!

You are the one being dumb..

Do you know what the word "entire" means? yes you do i hope.

She says that you can solo the entire game AND,wait for it,and have a single player experience.In the next breath she says that you can Group with friend and do group content.She does not say that the group content is any harder than the solo ruote,only that you can group with your friends for a more social play style.

Raids and instances..Hmm we already know that the game will have instances ,but no where have i read that these will only be duoable by groups,no where.As for raids,well link me a devs talking about raids please,you seem to know so much about the game,you obviously can back up your claims.

I am basing mine off what a DEV has said with her own words.Surely she had every opportunity in that interview ,to mention raids and content that only groups can do,she didn't.In fact she went the other route by stating the "ENTIRE game, no parts or bits,but the ENTIRE game can be done solo and in a single player experience.

So before you call people dumb,mr dumb ass fanboy/read what she says,it's as clear us day for us that are not blinded by the lights.

Link me where the devs say that  certain group content can only be done with a group,As a matter of fact link me where the devs are actually talking about raids?

You know no more than we do about this game,you like most are just assuming.

I have no problem with this game being a KOTOR3 with multiplayer add on and an Auction house plus crafting.If it is that game ,then BioWare should promote it as such,instead of making out it's a mmorpg.

NEXT...

• Vagrant_ZeroVagrant_Zero Member Posts: 1,190

snip

She says that you can solo the entire game AND,wait for it,and have a single player experience.In the next breath she says that you can Group with friend and do group content.She does not say that the group content is any harder than the solo ruote,only that you can group with your friends for a more social play style.
    Raids and instances..Hmm we already know that the game will have instances ,but no where have i read that these will only be duoable by groups,no where.As for raids,well link me a devs talking about raids please,you seem to know so much about the game,you obviously can back up your claims.
    I am basing mine off what a DEV has said with her own words.Surely she had every opportunity in that interview ,to mention raids and content that only groups can do,she didn't.In fact she went the other route by stating the "ENTIRE game, no parts or bits,but the ENTIRE game can be done solo and in a single player experience.
    So before you call people dumb,mr dumb ass fanboy/read what she says,it's as clear us day for us that are not blinded by the lights.
    Link me where the devs say that  certain group content can only be done with a group,As a matter of fact link me where the devs are actually talking about raids?
    I have no problem with this game being a KOTOR3 with multiplayer add on and an Auction house plus crafting.If it is that game ,then BioWare should promote it as such,instead of making out it's a mmorpg.
    NEXT...

Since you rather foolishly decided to word your entire worthless argument on a statement a DEV made that you took out of context and ran with...

Allow me to do the same.

The MMO Gamer: To follow up a bit on some of that speculation you just mentioned…
    Word association: What is the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the phrase, “Massively Single-Player Online Role-Playing Game?”

Blaine Christine: To me, right now, it’s something that I want to try to avoid. I don’t know if people perceive that as a positive or a negative, but I want to make sure that people know this is a true MMO.

Let's just reiterate the important part since I doubt reading comp is really your strong suite.

...but I want to make sure that people know this is a true MMO.

Ya. That's what a DEV said.

So clearly this is a true MMO. Clearly you are wrong. Clearly you need to move on.

Next...

• PocahinhaPocahinha Member UncommonPosts: 550

Is there a reason?

Both..

I believe it when i see it...

All i see is piece of crap mmos coming out..so...i gotta see first...i really hope they know what mmo means...massive..really massive not AOC massive or CO massive.

Originally posted by Vagrant_Zero

snip

NEXT...

Since you rather foolishly decided to word your entire worthless argument on a statement a DEV made that you took out of context and ran with...

Allow me to do the same.

The MMO Gamer: To follow up a bit on some of that speculation you just mentioned…

Word association: What is the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the phrase, “Massively Single-Player Online Role-Playing Game?”

Blaine Christine: To me, right now, it’s something that I want to try to avoid. I don’t know if people perceive that as a positive or a negative, but I want to make sure that people know this is a true MMO.

Let's just reiterate the important part since I doubt reading comp is really your strong suite.

So clearly this is a true MMO. Clearly you are wrong. Clearly you need to move on.

Next...

What she is saying is that it's not a single player game ,meaning you can group and do quests.What i am saying is "you can play the "Entire" game solo.

Now until BioWare decide to actually show us the mmorpg elements of this game,i will take on what she has said,meaning that the WHOLE game can be played solo.That means i will never have to group ,but i can still play through all the content  of the game on my own without a group.

This mean that anything you can do in a group,i can do it solo.

Key words..

"Entire and "Single player" experience. These are the terms she used to describe the content of this game.Of course if i want to group i can,so their for, in her eyes it's also a multiplayer game ,which it is.

The real question to ask is: "Can i play this entire games content solo", yes i can.She doen't say that their is certain content only a group can do,what she says is"you can group if you want to".

But you know what,we can go round and round but until you,i and all the other players get into the game,you know as much as me.

Time will tell....

PS. Why wouldn't i base my info of off something a BioWare dev has said? are you saying she is wrong?

• thexratedthexrated Member UncommonPosts: 1,368

If you think this game is going to be anything like a sandbox game or be as open as WoW, you're sadly mistaken. 

Doubt anyone expect this to be as sandbox as EVE. However, it is quite pathetic to use WoW as an example of  open MMO, since most, at the end, spend  their time doing instanced content. 

I expect SW: TOR to be a great RPG experience like Baldur's Gate II or Mass Effect, but with frequent content patches and group/raid orientated gameplay after following your current storyline to the end.

Personally, I would hate it to be anything like WoW (expect polish and stability) and also would hate it to be anything like SWG. Only thing from SWG I might consider having is the crafting system.

I have played through most Bioware games and have no doubt that they can bring forth a better RPG experience than Blizzard or SOE. However, it remains to be seen how good MMO experience they can provide.

"The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in."

Originally posted by thexrated

If you think this game is going to be anything like a sandbox game or be as open as WoW, you're sadly mistaken. 

Doubt anyone expect this to be as sandbox as EVE. However, it is quite pathetic to use WoW as an example of  open MMO, since most, at the end, spend  their time doing instanced content. 

I expect SW: TOR to be a great RPG experience like Baldur's Gate II or Mass Effect, but with frequent content patches and group/raid orientated gameplay after following your current storyline to the end.

Personally, I would hate it to be anything like WoW (expect polish and stability) and also would hate it to be anything like SWG. Only thing from SWG I might consider having is the crafting system.

I have played through most Bioware games and have no doubt that they can bring forth a better RPG experience than Blizzard or SOE. However, it remains to be seen how good MMO experience they can provide.

It's not going to be like WOW anyway,You can't play through the "entire content" of WOW solo,this you can do in SWTOR.

Yes i can play the "Entire "game solo,if i want to group i can group but what's the point if i can do the same content solo,their is none.She doent say that their is content that only groups can do and she doesnt mention anything about raids,as a matter of fact i have not seen anything even talked about concerning raids.

KOTOR3 with multiuplayer add ons,slip in an auction house and a crafting system,then called it a mmorpg,clever but not pulling the wool over the mmorpg gamers.

The KOTOR die hard fans will love it...

Allow me to do the same.

Next...

What she is saying is that it's not a single player game ,meaning you can group and do quests.What i am saying is "you can play the "Entire" game solo.

Now until BioWare decide to actually show us the mmorpg elements of this game,i will take on what she has said,meaning that the WHOLE game can be played solo.That means i will never have to group ,but i can still play through all the content  of the game on my own without a group.

Key words..

"Entire and "Single player" experience. These are the terms she used to describe the content of this game.Of course if i want to group i can,so their for, in her eyes it's also a multiplayer game ,which it is.

The real question to ask is: "Can i play this entire games content solo", yes i can.She doen't say that their is certain content only a group can do,what she says is"you can group if you want to".

But you know what,we can go round and round but until you,i and all the other players get into the game,you know as much as me.

Time will tell....

PS. Why wouldn't i base my info of off something a BioWare dev has said? are you saying she is wrong?

I think the dev saying "entire" was probably hyberbole. Here is why.

"group up with a bunch of people, and either just do combat or do quests together, we’re going to have a lot of opportunities for group quests so that you can do that."

Source:www.mmogamer.com/10/18/2009/bioware-blaine-christine-the-old-republic/2

When they say entire, I think they mean being given options to skip group quests/dungeons and doing other quests. Similar to WoW. And out of curiosity what are the MMORPG elements to you? Do you expect to see everything so early? You do understand they can't demonstrate half the game without having the world full of people. Also take note that they are trying to demonstrate what makes them different. Another quote.

"We’re trying to really get the message out, all of the other stuff is there, it’s just a little harder to demo that. Of course we want to demo the coolest stuff, and things that we feel is new into an MMO, but all of the other stuff is definitely going to be there."

• MMO_DoubterMMO_Doubter Member Posts: 5,056

It's not hype when said by someone involved in making the game. It's lying.

You are just practicing spin control. 'They didn't actually say what they just said. This is what they mean.'

"group up with a bunch of people, and either just do combat or do quests together, we’re going to have a lot of opportunities for group quests so that you can do that."

When they say entire, I think they mean being given options to skip group quests/dungeons and doing other quests. Similar to WoW. And out of curiosity what are the MMORPG elements to you? Do you expect to see everything so early? You do understand they can't demonstrate half the game without having the world full of people. Also take note that they are trying to demonstrate what makes them different. Another quote.

"We’re trying to really get the message out, all of the other stuff is there, it’s just a little harder to demo that. Of course we want to demo the coolest stuff, and things that we feel is new into an MMO, but all of the other stuff is definitely going to be there."

'Our game will be everything to everyone.' Standard devspeak.

"" Voice acting isn't an RPG element....it's just a production value." - grumpymel2

• realdealrealdeal Member Posts: 25

Allow me to do the same.

Next...

Key words..

Time will tell....

So, "you think", see what i did their. If what  YOU say is true ,why didn't she say the same thing? she didn't did she.She had every chance to make it clear what she meant,but no she actually went on to say"giving you that single player experiance".

Don't shoot the messenger,take it up with the BioWare dev who stated that the "entire" game can be soloed.

She says that you can do group quests to give you that social feel,she didn't say that these group quests will be any harder than the solo quests,you are just assuming they will be,but the dev did not say that ,did she?

I am not trying to be a kill joy,but i have to go with what i read and what the dev actually said.Until they come out and say different,then this game is looking like a KOTOR3 love fest for the die hard bBioWare fans.

Yes i have played all their games and look forward to Dragon Age and ME2,but i am not going to let my fanboy gogles take over.

BioWare make some good RPG,are they the best,no not IMO.

Originally posted by realdeal

Allow me to do the same.

Next...

Key words..

Time will tell....

"I think the dev saying "entire" was probably hyberbole". Here is why.

So, "you think", see what i did their. If what  YOU say is true ,why didn't she say the same thing? she didn't did she.She had every chance to make it clear what she meant,but no she actually went on to say"giving you that single player experiance".

Don't shoot the messenger,take it up with the BioWare dev who stated that the "entire" game can be soloed.

She says that you can do group quests to give you that social feel,she didn't say that these group quests will be any harder than the solo quests,you are just assuming they will be,but the dev did not say that ,did she?

I think because you can never be 100% certain, which is why I didn't continue pushing the group subject, are you not capable of reading? I never implied it was completely accurate. Please look at the new highlights so you may get a better feel for what I was saying.

Purple = Speculation

Red = Fact.

She didn't but he did, see where that puts us? We are STILL unsure, hence "I think".  The only part I said should be taken as truth is demonstrating all MMORPG elements is sorta impossible.

• realdealrealdeal Member Posts: 25

Originally posted by realdeal

Allow me to do the same.

Next...

Key words..

Time will tell....

"I think the dev saying "entire" was probably hyberbole". Here is why.

I think because you can never be 100% certain, which is why I didn't continue pushing the group subject, are you not capable of reading? I never implied it was completely accurate. Please look at the new highlights so you may get a better feel for what I was saying.

Purple = Speculation

Red = Fact.

She didn't but he did, see where that puts us? We are STILL unsure, hence "I think".  The only part I said should be taken as truth is demonstrating all MMORPG elements is sorta impossible.

Again,all i can go with is what the dev actually said,which is "the entire game can be soloed". One thing i will agree with you though, no one will really know we are in the game or the usual beta leaks get leaked.

Time will tell i guess.