Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who got guaranteed beta slots?

So, just out of curiosity, how many people here have gotten themselves a guaranteed beta slot for this game, by paying for the 6 month or lifetime subscription to CO?

--
Nichodeamus

Comments

• matt4taymatt4tay Member Posts: 5

me!

• ak_vaderak_vader Member Posts: 8

Yup 6 monther , just to get in the beta..LOL

• NichodeamusNichodeamus Member Posts: 7

I myself got the 6 month sub... It wasn't really to play CO though, just to get the beta slot for STO.

--
    Nichodeamus

• phill59898phill59898 Member Posts: 15

-_- doh

• tamgrostamgros Member Posts: 88

I won the trivia back in late june/july. So I have one locked down.  Many of my AOA fleet mates have them locked down as well. I think 25 or so already. 

Bring on that beta!

• HittingSmokeHittingSmoke Member Posts: 27

I won one in the trivia contest today :D

• ZerothLawZerothLaw Member Posts: 24

I won one in trivia too :DDD

• soassoas Member Posts: 14

I assume lifetime is also guaranteed? if so, me.

• le102071le102071 Member Posts: 12

Me..   Lifetime Sub....   I gets all da goodies...  heh

Can't wait for beta... 

• razerblade29razerblade29 Member UncommonPosts: 230

Me. Lifetime sub as well

• Storm_seerStorm_seer Member UncommonPosts: 12

Me too, as a result of lifetime sub for CO

• FractalEyeFractalEye Member Posts: 10

I bought a 6 month sub to CO, and it was for the beta access really. However, when Amazon had  Champs as it's deal of the day, I purchased it. I'm quite happy with Champs, and now have a sub until May. It should occupy my time (somewhat) until the STO beta starts. :)

• DaCrimpDaCrimp Member Posts: 6

This wouldn't be against nda right? 

• FractalEyeFractalEye Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by DaCrimp

This wouldn't be against nda right? 

No, because they haven't sent it out yet. Also, I don't think they can keep  people from saying they bought a 6 month or lifetime sub to Champs, so it implies STO beta access.

• ZalaciousZalacious Member Posts: 7

I like many others bought a 6 month sub for CO, mostly for the STO beta key. Too bad CO is not that fun, but I am much more excited for STO anyways.

• taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352

*raises hand*

Brother is CO and CoH/CoV fan so i get the Beta.

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

• DaX.9DaX.9 Member Posts: 192
    Originally posted by Zorndorf

Originally posted by Nichodeamus

So, just out of curiosity, how many people here have gotten themselves a guaranteed beta slot for this game, by paying for the 6 month or lifetime subscription to CO?

First lesson: do NOT give Beta keys  to fans only.

Second lesson: Beta players should be testing the game, not playing it.

Third lesson: the more pre launch die hard fans of the Lore you let in the Beta, the more you get yourself into trouble as a developper (see WAR: example: no clustered scenario's ("we want pure RvR on OUR server" - result: dead game).

Fourth lesson: If you want to play a certain game, don't go into Beta ... EVER.

I await the launch, not the Beta.

OMG this is so true! I must agree with every statement stated here.

• SoraynSorayn Member Posts: 17

I'll wait and see if i get accepted via the normal beta application. I would'nt pay money just to participate in a closed beta, no matter for whcih game it is.

• burner087burner087 Member Posts: 13

I'll be in whenever it starts.  I've been craving this game for years.  :)

-Davorn

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269
    Originally posted by Zorndor
    Fourth lesson: If you want to play a certain game, don't go into Beta ... EVER.

This my basic rule of thumb, I always stay clear of betas to games I am really interested in even if I have an invite.

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

• thefraylthefrayl Member Posts: 14

I got mine through a 6 month sub to CO. I didn't buy the package for the beta key, though. And for quite some time I was debating even using the key at all.

But, I've decided that I simply can't overcome to temptation when I get that email with all the details. I would also like to be able to contribute to this game in any way I can. It has wonderful potential, and I'm looking forward to it like no other title before.

I'm on board, and I can't wait to give STO a spin with some thorough bug hunting sessions.

• elionbelelionbel Member Posts: 9

I signed up for the Lifetime on Champions Online. I believe these will be my only two MMOs I'll be playing for a while. CO for the fun fast "GARRRRR!!" moments when I just feel like playing for a short time, and STO for the times when I want to take time and really dive into a roleplay >^.^<

Totally getting a lifetime for STO if they offer it!!

• Roger_WilcoRoger_Wilco Member Posts: 1

me!