Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thank you so much.

metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658

Seriously guys My wife has been buying me near every freaking MMO on release for the last 3+ years.

She knows I love MMOs and assumes I don't have the time to pick them up myself so she gets them for me.

She's so cute and thoughtful I could never bring myself to tell her to stop.

Until she bought Aion.

So I wanna thank all of you and the Aion devs.

My wife saw how disgusted I was with Aion and after she watched me virtually toss the game box across my living room to my brother she finally said it.

" Well! ...... That's the last MMO I buy you!" 

It finally happend, It took a super generic game but it finally did. I am free of Wife bought lame mmos.

Thank you so much.

./hug

I will leave all of you Asian grinders with wings alone for the rest of my time on the board. you will never see me again on the Aion boards. You are free my friends, I now turn my sandbox fanboy gaze back to where it belongs... the WoW forums.

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum

Comments

• BigBrolyBigBroly Member Posts: 31
    Originally posted by metalhead980

Seriously guys My wife has been buying me near every freaking MMO on release for the last 3+ years.

She knows I love MMOs and assumes I don't have the time to pick them up myself so she gets them for me.

Until she bought Aion.

My wife saw how disgusted I was with Aion and after she watched me virtually toss the game box across my living room to my brother she finally said it.

It finally happend, It took a super generic game but it finally did. I am free of Wife bought lame mmos.

Thank you so much.

./hug
    I will leave all of you Asian grinders with wings alone for the rest of my time on the board. you will never see me again on the Aion boards. You are free my friends, I now turn my sandbox fanboy gaze back to where it belongs... the WoW forums.

What a strange post. All I can say is grow up and buy your own games "dude"

• KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022

At least she buys u something u "can" use =x

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

• Zandora2018Zandora2018 Member Posts: 240

So did she buy the CE one ? If yes can you give me the code i know their are lots of ppl out there that still like the game.

Played Aoc/DDO/FFXI/WAR / LoTRo / CO / Aion
    Playing Rift

Waiting for FFXIV to be the game it should. so sad =(

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

we ll see you ,we ll all follow you when cataclysm is released

• metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658
    Originally posted by BigBroly

Until she bought Aion.

Thank you so much.

./hug

Don't flame me dude, I'm being honest. My wife is an amazing women and loves me very much.

I think this is a good thing, my better half has decided to only get me console games :)

That's a win win dude.

And to the other poster no it was the regular boxed version. MY brother is playing Aion now and is hoping the endgame is good.

I

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

XD

That was the same thought I had.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• BigBrolyBigBroly Member Posts: 31

Until she bought Aion.

Thank you so much.

./hug

Don't flame me dude, I'm being honest. My wife is an amazing women and loves me very much.

I think this is a good thing, my better half has decided to only get me console games :)

That's a win win dude.

And to the other poster not it was the regular boxed version. MY brother is playing Aion now and is hoping the endgame is good.

I

I can see she loves you by buying them for you, but for you to throw Aion across the living room? I can see how much you love the things she does for you..If my girlfriend bought me Aion I'd love it even if it sucked because it came from someone I love. But anyway there's Direct2Drive and Steam if you can't find the time to go out and buy them yourself.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

Until she bought Aion.

Thank you so much.

./hug

That's a win win dude.

And to the other poster no it was the regular boxed version. MY brother is playing Aion now and is hoping the endgame is good.

I

aion end game will be good when a decent number reach it that will take a while lol

as for your wife buying only console game ,im beginning to feel the same

will she buy you final fantasy 14 for ps3

(evil grin)

• ShneakyOneShneakyOne Member UncommonPosts: 156

I observe your attempt at humor. It was successful. Good job.

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

Someone had to do it.

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860

You seem like a pretty mature guy. Did you lay on the floor screaming and patting her until she took that decission?

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

Anyway why don’t just play the game with your wife to make her happy...

we all have to give a little

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• scodavisscodavis Member Posts: 190
    Originally posted by Ephimero

You seem like a pretty mature guy. Did you lay on the floor screaming and patting her until she took that decission?

Lol, his wife buys him MMO's.  They must have one heck of a close relationship if she wants him spending all his time on the computer.  She never even has to have a 'headache'.

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

Level of weirdness is getting really high on these forums.

Originally posted by scodavis

Originally posted by Ephimero

Lol, his wife buys him MMO's.  They must have one heck of a close relationship if she wants him spending all his time on the computer.  She never even has to have a 'headache'.

MY wife is a cool gal man. We were best friends before we hooked up I knew her when I was in pee wee Football at the age of 6.

She plays MMOs also so I think secretly she was getting me games so I would leave her alone and let her Raid LOL!

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Meh...the ending was rather contrived anyways.  You could see it coming from a mile away his wife's brother was actually Keyser Soze.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

Originally posted by SgtFrog

Anyway why don’t just play the game with your wife to make her happy...

we all have to give a little

Never!!!! She plays WoW!

I do let her tell me about all her raids though to make her happy.

• coldcut333coldcut333 Member Posts: 86

I bet the guy ant even played the game let alone have a misses.Save your pocket money up for abit and you'll be able to join the fight on the Abyss/Rift front.

• neoterrarneoterrar Member Posts: 512

I try to make these boards as bad as possible with my presence here, but...It's hard to keep up.

First the guy that thinks Aion reminds him of a ruined birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese and now a married gamer being rude to his wife when she buys him something.

Just like Aion, the stories are lame, with a little twist, just to get your interest.

• DraccanDraccan Member Posts: 1,050

my wife calls my computer her enemy, so what you complaining about?

• RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005

You must be really new in this whole gaming thing, I have loads of games, that ppl have given me and I have bought that I have played them maybe once or twice, in the shelves why would I ever throw a game accross the room, I have a sealed LOTRO Volumes I and II Box I have yet to open, I played the 10 day trial code that came with it and decided it wasnt worth it me playing so the package is untouched.

But I know why you made this thread it wasnt because of your wife giving you game, you just thought you could  try and be funny with a bit of sarcasm in the middle it ended proper freaky because frankly no one really cares about your personal life or if you like your wife and how you actually "hooked" up with her lol.

• AntipopealanAntipopealan Member Posts: 62

Until she bought Aion.

Thank you so much.

./hug

playing MMO's and not having 'time' to do things does not compute Mr Troll

• MykellMykell Member UncommonPosts: 780

Wife = mum i am guessing.

Originally posted by Antipopealan

Until she bought Aion.

Thank you so much.

./hug

playing MMO's and not having 'time' to do things does not compute Mr Troll

You guys really make it tough to post and go away. What do you not understand about the highlighted text? Since you consider me a troll (in other threads you would be correct) I will explain my situation a bit.

I work a lot, The Wife works near the mall, She picks up games from gamestop because I work long hours and during the week (when new games release) she swings by and buys them for me. Since I tend to work Overtime and the Mall is quite out of the way.

Understand now smart guy?

Are you not Married? I've been with my wife over ten years now and I know if I upset her at all. I'm screwed. no sex, no games, no dinner and I get to see her god damn sister over the house.

• Tyvolus5Tyvolus5 Member Posts: 61

Until she bought Aion.

Thank you so much.

./hug

strange post -- strange guy.  He has been obsessing on AION for months now.  Coming here, posting how much he hates the game, over and over and over again.  This particular story about his wife buying him the game, this is the 3rd time I have seen it !!!  Although I will give the guy credit, this is the first time he chose to start a brand new thread with it. 

I am glad he is in love and his wife loves him and all that, but seriously dude, was she your first or something ?  I mean you keep feeling the need to tell us about her and how she bought you AION -- whats the problem with you ?