Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dont buy Aion - EU-

13»

Comments

• apollo99apollo99 Member Posts: 55

It seems to be pretty much prime time now, and the queues are no where near as bad as they used to be. I was expecting to get hit with a 2 hour queue just now and was pleasantly surprised that there's only about 700 people with a 30 min wait  for my server [Telemachus] whereas it used to be always 2000 people in queue at times like this. =)

• SibellSibell Member Posts: 1

Aion: Tower of Eternity, great game with wrong name, they should make it,  Aion: Queue of Eternity........

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001
    Originally posted by Sibell

Aion: Tower of Eternity, great game with wrong name, they should make it,  Aion: Queue of Eternity........

old joke is old

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• KarbonoidKarbonoid Member Posts: 83

Yeah, nobody is playing Aion anymore, the servers are way too crowded  :-P

NC-Soft are doing exactly the right thing no matter how things are going to play out. Either the game continues to grow more popular, in which case crowded servers are a good thing, it increases the hype and gives the impression that the game is even more popular that it really is. It works much the same way as a perpetually long queue outside a nightclub. 

And if things go the other way, and the number of subscriptions start to drop significantly after a month or two, then it will be disastrous if they give in to pressure too soon, nothing screams failure like empty servers and mergers.

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351
    Originally posted by Karbonoid

NC-Soft are doing exactly the right thing no matter how things are going to play out. Either the game continues to grow more popular, in which case crowded servers are a good thing, it increases the hype and gives the impression that the game is even more popular that it really is. It works much the same way as a perpetually long queue outside a nightclub. 
    And if things go the other way, and the number of subscriptions start to drop significantly after a month or two, then it will be disastrous if they give in to pressure too soon, nothing screams failure like empty servers and mergers.

If you have to queue to get into a nightclub the VAST majority of people won't even go there in the first place (word fo mouth) and many will turn up, see a queue and then go somewhere else never to return. Have you seen the bad press Aion is getting in mainstream gaming circles? It's everywhere how much of a failure the EU launch has been.

If people leave in great numbers, and they definitely will after the first month is concluded in EU, it's terrible press and a lasting legacy of incompetence. NC had thousands of customers wanting to play their game, but because NC didn't open enough servers, their customers left....thats a pretty huge disaster no matter what kind of spin you want to try and put on it.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• RegnevanzRegnevanz Member Posts: 146
    Originally posted by Zinzan

If you have to queue to get into a nightclub the VAST majority of people won't even go there in the first place (word fo mouth) and many will turn up, see a queue and then go somewhere else never to return. Have you seen the bad press Aion is getting in mainstream gaming circles? It's everywhere how much of a failure the EU launch has been.

If people leave in great numbers, and they definitely will after the first month is concluded in EU, it's terrible press and a lasting legacy of incompetence. NC had thousands of customers wanting to play their game, but because NC didn't open enough servers, their customers left....thats a pretty huge disaster no matter what kind of spin you want to try and put on it.

yes but they still go to a nightclub just a different one with a shorter queue, plus nightclubs are not open 24/7, so did you even think about it before you post?

• GeridenGeriden Member UncommonPosts: 390
    Originally posted by Regnevanz

yes but they still go to a nightclub just a different one with a shorter queue, plus nightclubs are not open 24/7, so did you even think about it before you post?

Have you thought about what you said ? ... really ? no think again ? thats it come on think about it.

Also you do pay a fee and buy the game to have access to it 24/7 its the entire point of paying your subscription.

Failed launch utter crap they have gone completely silent on me after 4 emails seeking a refund. I spent  money on something i got to use 3 time's and spent over 30 hour's queue'd what a utter farce.

The mmo industrie needs some regulation asap. Tierd of being screwed out of money time after time.

• RegnevanzRegnevanz Member Posts: 146
    Originally posted by Geriden

Originally posted by Regnevanz

Have you thought about what you said ? ... really ? no think again ? thats it come on think about it.

Also you do pay a fee and buy the game to have access to it 24/7 its the entire point of paying your subscription.

Failed launch utter crap they have gone completely silent on me after 4 emails seeking a refund. I spent  money on something i got to use 3 time's and spent over 30 hour's queue'd what a utter farce.

The mmo industrie needs some regulation asap. Tierd of being screwed out of money time after time.

Wow seriously check your .50c a day 24/7 expectations at the door!

• uthiluthil Member Posts: 2

this game worth buying? they fix any of the problems yet?

I am the alpha and the omega

• lev-27lev-27 Member Posts: 30

Just move to another server! I started on Gorgos but the long queues killed the fun for me. Then I moved to Kahrun which also rated "High", but I never waited in a queue. Not even for a minute.  They also added another server Kalil. All new characters receive +20% exp for every kill/quest. But I guess much easier to cry like little children then try another server.

• lev-27lev-27 Member Posts: 30
    Originally posted by Geriden

lFailed launch utter crap they have gone completely silent on me after 4 emails seeking a refund. I spent  money on something i got to use 3 time's and spent over 30 hour's queue'd what a utter farce.

Oh... WoW lunched five years ago and the popular servers (E.G Kazzak) still suffer from extremely long queues.

Yeah, just like the queues and the shortage of boxes prevented world of warcraft from ever becoming a sucess, it took months before Blizzard managed to open up enough servers. Queues can never get people to leave in any  "great" numbers, all they ever do is fuel the nerd rage of a few insignificant trolls like the loser who started this thread. And those guys  would no doubt have quit after the first month anyway, and guess what? They still had to pay for the box!  I am sure NC-Soft are crying all the way to the bank. 

• GeridenGeriden Member UncommonPosts: 390

ow haha yes i am a loser for starting a thread about being unable to access something i paid money for. Its people like you that are the reasson these mmo companies get away with the way they treat customer's just roll over and take it. Because i am not happy having to queue for a minimum of 2 hour's i am the loser. Well if your so happy sitting in front of your screen for 2 hour's thats great for you. If you have a job / college anything at all this isnt good enough.

And again why should i roll on a new server ? I paid for the head start and it was spent queue'ing id already changed server a few time's. And the xp bonus that guy mentions its not a flat out bonus its those collect addition xp people PAID to get and they are now giving them to everyone on the new servers which only last 1 hour. 

So keep on trolling fanboy's you wont have anyone to play with by the end of the 30 day's free play. 

*edit* ow and i played wow since launch on and off over the last 5 year's and i never once had to queue.

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

Yeah, just like the queues and the shortage of boxes prevented world of warcraft from ever becoming a sucess, it took months before Blizzard managed to open up enough servers. Queues can never get people to leave in any  "great" numbers, all they ever do is fuel the nerd rage of a few insignificant trolls like the loser who started this thread. And those guys  would no doubt have quit after the first month anyway, and guess what? They still had to pay for the box!  I am sure NC-Soft are crying all the way to the bank. 

Here we go again, it worked for WoW but WoW is the exception to every rule, there will probably never be another game that experiences this degree of success, Aion is no exception.

WoW hit the market at the right time with superior advertising and marketting, they broke the genre wide open, in a short period of time it went from geeky to cool and everyone wanted in. Aion and a plethera of other games that have followed need to avoid this hope as it was a one-off, it won't happen for Aion the way it happened for WoW.

WoW had people clambering over each other to play and at that time was the only game in town, so to speak. Aion has a lot who want to play, but now the market is so incredibly saturated, there are many alternatives which are basically the same game with different fluff. People will not wait, they will move on to the next thing and there are many new mmo's on the horizon. New mmo's release every week now.

Remains to be seen what will happen. Seems NC have set out their stall, they only want the number of players their current servers can handle, so thats it, thats as big as the game will get for the time being.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• GuardiousGuardious Member Posts: 81

Everyone is welcome to their opinons here at MMORPG.COM, however you MUST keep within the rules set on the ROC. Please review that if you are not clear on what is and is not allowed.

Thank you,

Guardious

Here we go again, it worked for WoW but WoW is the exception to every rule, there will probably never be another game that experiences this degree of success, Aion is no exception.
    WoW hit the market at the right time with superior advertising and marketting, they broke the genre wide open, in a short period of time it went from geeky to cool and everyone wanted in. Aion and a plethera of other games that have followed need to avoid this hope as it was a one-off, it won't happen for Aion the way it happened for WoW.
    WoW had people clambering over each other to play and at that time was the only game in town, so to speak. Aion has a lot who want to play, but now the market is so incredibly saturated, there are many alternatives which are basically the same game with different fluff. People will not wait, they will move on to the next thing and there are many new mmo's on the horizon. New mmo's release every week now.
    Remains to be seen what will happen. Seems NC have set out their stall, they only want the number of players their current servers can handle, so thats it, thats as big as the game will get for the time being.

You realize that Aion is no WoW, yet you continue to completely and utterly miss the point, because it is ONLY in a scenario where the game continues to steadily grow like WoW did that it would be a good idea to open up lots of new servers. Because otherwise there will inevitably be a lot less pressure on the servers a few weeks from now, even if they manage to retain ALL subscriptions, which they obviously won't.

Now I don't believe Aion will conquer the world, I've stated several times that I'll be eating an extra large serving of humble pie if the game does significantly better than AoC, WAR or Lotro. But if I am indeed so throughly mistaken, then it still won't hurt the game to take it slow, they can always open up as many servers as they need once it's clear that people stick with the game. But if it follows the same pattern as all other derivative and lackluster creations on the market, then it WILL cause irreparable harm if they open up new servers. RvR is a big part of Aion, and that doesn't work well with empty realms.

On a sidenote I might add that WoW is no anomaly, they just created a superior game that attracted customers new to the genre. The same thing will inevitably happen again, there is no telling when, but it would take a global disaster to stop it. The mmo medium is still younger than moving pictures were when "The Birth of a Nation" was released 1915. It took decades before any other film did better, and I'm sure it was classified as a fluke as well. Yet today that racist POS film has faded into a well deserved oblivion. And modern productions no doubt spend more money on donuts than they did on the entire movie.

• billysielubillysielu Member UncommonPosts: 56

Make sure you cancel your subscription, or they will automatically bill you.

• adriansitooadriansitoo Member Posts: 3

its worth it !

• xmdavidxmdavid Member Posts: 1

Yea its a great game