Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why such a drop in the rating on the Game List?

13»

Comments

• DaX.9DaX.9 Member Posts: 192
    Originally posted by jpaprocki

Wrong again...people who can't think for themselves may care what a game is rated or what others thnk of it. but there are those of us who like to decide for ourselves what we will like and what we wont.  Like i said before, just as this is my opinion, all the other posts on here are others opinions.  Doesn't mean they are right or wrong.  Best thing is try it for yourself and then decide if you like it.  Ratings are a waist of time.

Well I wish that you are correct but I am afraid that you are not. For example Tabula Rasa was good game for me but it had poor ratings and servers are down now. It is all based on money game earns and ratings of the game. Publisher will not invest into something that HE finds is not woth the investment. He is not interesed in how good game is, or do you or me like it, he is only interesed in money income. Sad, but true.

• DubhlaithDubhlaith Member Posts: 1,012

Originally posted by rav3n2
    Originally posted by Carnivorous
    Originally posted by rav3n2
    Originally posted by Nihilist The game is a polished korean grinder - of course the rating will fall once people beging to realize it.

3000 ppl waiting on every server 3 hours on queue everyday waiting to play seem to disagree with you, but then again everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Easy dumbed down games have been always more accessible to the average masses.

Well yeah, the game is to have fun, not for personal fulfillment and development for that I have my job and my goals everyday, if all of those ppl come home and have fun playing the game then it already filled its purpose as an entretainment tool.
    You are a great example of the vocal minority I talked about where you will bash at anything mainstream for the sake of it, dumbdown or not its a game if ppl are playing they are obviously having fun and thats what a game should provide not an elaborate maths problem, if I want challenges I will actually do something that contributes towards my personal development not play a game. Or do you think yourself above average because you play a different game? LOL.

They do, and a difficult game is what makes them happy because they have no real self-fulfilment in the real world. That is the reason we have some epeen strutters running about our games. There is a place for those games, no doubt, but it is usually because of this. I am not saying that everyone that wants a harder game is like this, and I am not saying it is necessarily bad on its face. The problem when these people, usually children that do not have careers to challenge them, think they are better than other gamers when they want a more difficult game, or a maths problem, as you said.

I want a skill-based world, not a theme park like WoW, but that is not because WoW is a bad game or that I think the people that play it are stupid just for playing it. That sort of game does not appeal to me on a different more fundamental level. Frankly, I am annoyed at the "WoW clones" that are becoming so prevalent, because I hate the idea of having so many games that are so very similar.

The reason I want a fleshed-out world is that I am a roleplayer and theme parks are terrible for roleplaying. Just imagine, in WoW, everyone has done the same epic things, killed the same incredibly powerful monsters. When everyone's course is the same, roleplaying is a ridiculous concept, even though there are roleplayers there. How can you roleplay evil when the only quests are those that are those of heroes. It is very rare to have a quest that is something an evil person would really do. Or what if you want to roleplay some more specific concepts, it will be difficult in places because you are "on a rail."

"Gamers will no longer buy the argument that every MMO requires a subscription fee to offset server and bandwidth costs. It's not true — you know it, and they know it." —Jeff Strain, co-founder of ArenaNet, 2007

WTF? No subscription fee?

• xcopymmoxcopymmo Member Posts: 70

Speaking of rating and I don't want to derail here. 

But if AION is going down how in the world is Atlantica online evening off with Lotro. I've plaid both and to me and probably that's why it seams wierd .. .but to me they are not equal in popularity. 

Anyways happy hunting /dance  <-- hahah I love that emote. 

• xcopymmoxcopymmo Member Posts: 70

Ok now I'm a true believer of the OP. 

Look at it today down another 5 spots at 8.24 hehehe

Does mmorpg boost up ratings for new releases then rely on the hate to gage where it should be? Course I don't know but anyways, it sure makes something interesting to observe. 

• Perfection66Perfection66 Member Posts: 218
    Originally posted by xcopymmo

Speaking of rating and I don't want to derail here. 
    But if AION is going down how in the world is Atlantica online evening off with Lotro. I've plaid both and to me and probably that's why it seams wierd .. .but to me they are not equal in popularity. 

Anyways happy hunting /dance  <-- hahah I love that emote. 

Probably because these ratings mean absolutely nothing .....

I mean the top 2 games havnt even been released yet, so how would anyone know if their good or not?

Aion v3 "RELOADED" - A glimpse into the future of the MMO genre

• MazinMazin Member Posts: 640

It's a hype meter, the rating should be null.

There is nothing to "hype" the game is released.