Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Considering buying this, wondering if its my cup of tea?

DecadentiaDecadentia Member Posts: 464

Hey all, i'm currently considering buying this game. I haven't played an MMO for a little while and think I would like to fill some boredom time. I'm probably like quite a few other people right now, i'm looking for something new and i've been eyeing Aion and this game.

As they are completely different games I can see a lot of FE readers right now with one eyebrough raised. For the most part i've played the themepark type games, WoW (I've returned to multiple times, and thoroughly enjoyed the journey to endgame, hated raiding, burned myself out on pvping. FFXI I was extremely addicted to the tight knit community and grouping but hated the time required, LOTOR/AOC/WAR all could not keep my attention past 1 free month. Long story short, this isn't my usual type of game I gravitate towards, but I may be sick of the norm so....

I have a few concerns, wondering if anyone could address them.

1. I hear this game is rather "sandbox". Everytime i've ever heard of sandbox games, i've always thought of open worlds with little content but were moldable by the player base. Is this true for FE? Is there quite a bit of content? I truly do not wish to be spoonfed the content, I wouldn't mind having to journey for it as opposed to being taken down the road by a treadmill, but I also don't want to simply grind mobs for hours on end for 20 levels.

2. I hear performance can be an issue, my specs are 8800gt, AMD 5600+ 2.9ghz, 4gb DDR2 ram. I generally have no problem with any gaming with this, im hoping this game would be the same?

3. This isn't your regular Healer/Tank/DPS type game obviously, which is fine. But is there certain classes that currently are pulling away? I've read that being a melee seems incredibly easy to PVE with, would they perform well in PVP as well?

I think i've always been torn between not quite enjoying a themepark/spoonfed experience and not quite enjoying a world where I feel if I don't RP and imagine half of the content than I wont enjoy it. In the end, i'm just wondering if anyone who enjoys this game would recommend it to me from what i've wrote.

Im longwinded, thanks to anyone who took the time to read this

Note: I read the thread "Trying to decide on buying it? Possibly some help" and it's helped a bit