Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best free to play game out there.

kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

Graphics are great *for a free game*

It's also only MMO aside of Aion to have aerial combat and theres so much quests you wont find yourself grinding before high levels

Cash shop isnt as invasive as with other games, it mostly concentrates on fashion accessories and prettier mounts.

Talking of fashion accessories, because of multitude of outfits and "ways to make yourself pretty" this game seems to be very popular with women

If you're looking for a F2P game, this one is as good as they get...just dont roll a BM, everyone hates BMs.

Comments

• SeisSeis Member Posts: 8

My advice for new players is to stay away, there is no mid-game, the endgame is completly about territory wars but if you started now - as a new player all the servers are dominated by 1-2 clans of level 90+ people which takes around 2 months to get to as a hardcore player - probs around 6 months casually, since not everyone can devote there life to a game all they can do is grind and do the odd quest, there is little content besides instances every 10 levels which usually a high level squad will fly you through or getting ganked by high levels wanting to stay on top pvp'er list.

The OP is wrong as well, the cash shop ruins the game, the HP charms are bad enough but bareable , the main game-killer for me and ex-guildes who quit was the capability to upgrade your weapon with $$$, it inevitably lead to rich kids spending thousands of USD to gain a massive advantage.

• fatenabu1fatenabu1 Member Posts: 381

Yes there are quest but what the op isn't telling you is 90% of the quest are Talk to NPC, fly half way around the world,  go kill X amount of creature Y and report back to NPC back at other part of the world. On the plus side i do like the graphics, and I do also enjoy the flight but over all it is Fly for Fun with a more mature skin.

Dustin

• DaikataroDaikataro Member Posts: 9

As stated above, the quests indeed lack something, they are all like "go tell this guy he's gay and you get exp" or "take this magical radish to a guy who lives three thousand miles away from here and come back"

The manufacturing system also sucks, when i read reviews i saw comments like "the chinese version of WoW", yet it's pretty mediocre when compared to WoW, how can i gather herbs or nectar with a pick? on WoW you need specific tools or professions to gather certain items, here anyone can gather anything

Good thing that you guys warned me about mid levels, i come from a HEAVY grinding MMO (tibia), where 99% quests are worth 0 exp and you must do all the level manually, or botting, since the punishment is ridiculous, so i'm not unfamiliar with farming, yet i don't want to go back to the same issue of hunting 3 hours to advance 5% of my exp bar

Haikus are easy
    But they don't always make sense
    Refrigerator

• jinxxed0jinxxed0 Member UncommonPosts: 841
    Originally posted by Daikataro

"go tell this guy he's gay and you get exp" 

Quote of the year

• deathsnotesdeathsnotes Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by jinxxed0

Originally posted by Daikataro

"go tell this guy he's gay and you get exp" 

Quote of the year

/signed

Agreed haha that made me laugh pretty good.  I played this game for a while but ultimatly what made me quit was from the  time i played (around...a month?)  I was a cleric did the quest had fun, great community, probably didnt get high enough level to be effected by item mall users and rich kids upgrading weapons.  I just seemed to have issues with the lack of...variety?  The game music all seemed the same, so I would often end up using the in game radio.  Also I've seen videos on youtube where the terrain differs, but what i saw all seemed around the same things and areas which was kind of a let down, terrain and music really makes a game for me, along with play style and combat, and of course community, and how hard it is to play.  I love a challenging game the harder it is to play the better, thats why im playing EvE online right now, it doesnt carebear and hold your hand like WoW which i played for about a year.  Perfect world seemed very simple quest wise like stated before, but so are a ton of games i play just go here kill x get whatever item from that then come back, which is fine by me.  All in all, its a good game and i recommend it, i still have the installer on my desktop incase i get a craving to play it again, but I'll stick with EvE for right now. 

• TyrantasTyrantas Member UncommonPosts: 369

It could be only good f2p game if u r chinese and don't have anything else to do in ur life than just to play that game, and u don't mind to do same stuff over and over again for 2years, and also don't mind to spend tons of moneys in their cash shop. U say quests ? they are nearly all the same.

• Holst86Holst86 Member UncommonPosts: 57

Co-operates with a golderseller/powerlvler site. What more do i need to say? F2P games is the crapiest games ever made in the history of mankind. I despise these games cuz they r all together evil. If you use micro payments for this game you'll be feeding goldseller, powerlvlers, boters and other activites that ruin gameplay for alot of serious games out there.

Be smart dont play free2play games.

• misterdurpmisterdurp Member Posts: 157

the game is not bad, especially for a f2p, but the quests thin out rather quick and are all standard kill X amount of mobs, and the higher lvl you get, the higher that value X will get. its unrewarding, unsatisfying to grind, and theres nothing to look forward to, unless your willing to spend huge amounts of money in endgame pvp.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by kishe

It's also only MMO aside of Aion to have aerial combat and theres so much quests you wont find yourself grinding before high levels
    Cash shop isnt as invasive as with other games, it mostly concentrates on fashion accessories and prettier mounts.
    Talking of fashion accessories, because of multitude of outfits and "ways to make yourself pretty" this game seems to be very popular with women

If you're looking for a F2P game, this one is as good as they get...just dont roll a BM, everyone hates BMs.

I just wasted about 4 hours d/ling and patching this rubbish.

As soon as i got in it was obvious the game was F2P trash.No key mapping ,ONLY choice is WASD,the graphics have an ugly super bright aura,made it look like i was seeing the game through a drinking glass.This was the Vista version,are you kidding me ,it looks like a DX5 version yet alone anything remotely close to a Vista version.

I have no interest to do meaningless quests i am sick of that and well beyond spending countless hours doing that ever again in a game.

You get what you pay for, every last one of these F2P games have garbage graphics,there is no debating it what so ever.If a game is not worth paying to play,it is not worth playing period and this game is no different,i wish you people would quit supporting these games just because they are free.

I have now i am sure tried every last one of these things and i am glad i am done with it,they are all a waste of my time and a waste of yours,do not d/l this game expecting anything different from all the rest.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,880

this game is terrible. I'm sorry the only f2p games that are worth anything are atlantica and Runes of Magic.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I couldn't wait to delete this garbage ,and no ROM nor Atlantica fall in the same boat,nothing but cheap development,cheap graphics,no content not worth d/ling let alone actually playing these things.

I will say again,if it is not worth paying for it is not worth playing even for free,there is a reason these games are F2P/item mall,they are rubbish.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• aromeroaromero Member Posts: 49
    Originally posted by Wizardry

I just wasted about 4 hours d/ling and patching this rubbish.

As soon as i got in it was obvious the game was F2P trash.No key mapping ,ONLY choice is WASD,the graphics have an ugly super bright aura,made it look like i was seeing the game through a drinking glass.This was the Vista version,are you kidding me ,it looks like a DX5 version yet alone anything remotely close to a Vista version.

I have no interest to do meaningless quests i am sick of that and well beyond spending countless hours doing that ever again in a game.

You get what you pay for, every last one of these F2P games have garbage graphics,there is no debating it what so ever.If a game is not worth paying to play,it is not worth playing period and this game is no different,i wish you people would quit supporting these games just because they are free.

I have now i am sure tried every last one of these things and i am glad i am done with it,they are all a waste of my time and a waste of yours,do not d/l this game expecting anything different from all the rest.

Key binding will be released in the patch today so that's not an issue anymore/there is also click to move implemented for people like you. Graphics look pretty good to me for a f2p game, maybe your graphics card sux and time to upgrade? I've played tons of mmorpgs and the quests all seem the same...so I dunno what you're talking about - your post = fail.

• amotholenamotholen Member Posts: 18

well, when i m lvl9, this game wanted cash from me to make my inventory bigger, else i would go far far away town in every time. i could understand "experience stones" or "fast enchant items" in cash shop, but "free content" sucks. and pls dont tell me "buy items from a cash buyer", because i know the results of "cash players" vs "coin players". shortly i gave up playing that game, because i couldnt imagine what "cash problems" it will bring.

LF PvP game...for years...

Current: changing game everyday
    Played: Shaiya, Aion, Perfect World(short time), Aika
    Tried: EQ2, DAOC, LOTR, Atlantica Online...
    Future: Any pvp game..couldnt found yet...

• madlukemadluke Member UncommonPosts: 108

Originally posted by fatenabu1

Yes there are quest but what the op isn't telling you is 90% of the quest are Talk to NPC, fly half way around the world,  go kill X amount of creature Y and report back to NPC back at other part of the world. On the plus side i do like the graphics, and I do also enjoy the flight but over all it is Fly for Fun with a more mature skin.

Dustin

But in the end pretty much all f2p mmrpg's are like that. This is certainly better than most.

• ghost047ghost047 Member UncommonPosts: 597

It's also only MMO aside of Aion to have aerial combat

Maybe you should do some research before posting about stuff you nothing about, as there is more MMO with aerial combat than these two.

Get a life you freaking Gamer.....no no, you don't understand, I'm a Gamer, I have many lives!!

• Cirn0Cirn0 Member Posts: 162

I'll pass. It smells gayness all over it.

IZI MODO?! Ha-ha-ha!