Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
SWG Bloodfin vet
Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Comments

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939

Think I was one of first to sign up, keep refreshing for 30 minutes.

I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• HrothmundHrothmund Member Posts: 1,061

Signed up as well.

• ABRaquelABRaquel Member UncommonPosts: 541

I got a feeling that their website is getting pounded with everyone trying to sign up.

• axhedaxhed Member Posts: 44

faaaaaaack i wish i had a real job and a gaming pc ><

have a blessed thread.

• wartywarty Member Posts: 461

aaaand its down!

Playing polished, lag free, feature complete games is carebear. Whining about a game you hate but still play is hardcore man!

• auger5433auger5433 Member Posts: 4

yea, its getting hammered

MAINTENANCE

SWTOR.com is currently unavailable while we perform scheduled maintenance. Please check back again soon!

• greed0104greed0104 Member Posts: 2,134

Apparently an MMO about story is more popular then some believe....

• SabiancymSabiancym Member UncommonPosts: 3,150

Damn, can't get into the site.  Must be getting hammered.

• BaronJuJuBaronJuJu Member UncommonPosts: 1,832

Wow, thanks for the link Tillamook, the sites down but I will make sure to sign up as soon as its up. I have to say I'm a bit surprised they went to beta already.

"If we don't attack them, they will attack us first. So we'd better retaliate before they have a chance to strike"

To be honest I think the game is more complete then they let on. The slow release of information is probably a better strategy in my opinion.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    Originally posted by greed0104

You think? Good timing too, people are now learning that Aion can only fulfill their deepest fantasy for pointless grinding. Not that that's a bad thing, I liked EQ2 for about a year myself. Aion isn't a bad game, but I have the feeling that if you are looking for something new, TOR might be it more so than Aion. One reason I never bought it, even though I liked it in OB. I kinda knew this was gonna happen, expect TOR within a year or so.

SWG Bloodfin vet

Originally posted by tillamook

You think? Good timing too, people are now learning that Aion can only fulfill their deepest fantasy for pointless grinding. Not that that's a bad thing, I liked EQ2 for about a year myself. Aion isn't a bad game, but I have the feeling that if you are looking for something new, TOR might be it more so than Aion. One reason I never bought it, even though I liked it in OB. I kinda knew this was gonna happen, expect TOR within a year or so.

That was more so directed towards those that say MMO players don't care about story. As for Aion, I actually ordered it last night pretty cheap. Figure I would play it till ToR comes out. It's nothing new, but it's better then playing WoW another year.

• Fed1Fed1 Member Posts: 167

"Thank you for visiting www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com. We are making adjustments to the site due to the overwhelming response to the testing announcement. Please be patient and check back later. We estimate that the site will be back up in the next few hours."

• AbrahmmAbrahmm Member Posts: 2,448

Or their website is incapable of handling as many people as some believe.

Irrelevant comments aside, thanks for the link Tillamook. I hope Bioware isn't one of those companies that announces beta sign ups years before they are actually ready to take in beta testers (cough jumpgate evolution cough). Time to sign up!

On a side note, I feel like beta testing this game would ruin it for you more than any other game because you will have seen the stories by the time it is released. Oh well

Tried: LotR, CoH, AoC, WAR, Jumpgate Classic
    Played: SWG, Guild Wars, WoW
    Playing: Eve Online, Counter-strike
    Loved: Star Wars Galaxies
    Waiting for: Earthrise, Guild Wars 2, anything sandbox.

Originally posted by Abrahmm

I wouldn't doubt that either, I still stand by what I said though.

Irrelevant comments aside, thanks for the link Tillamook. I hope Bioware isn't one of those companies that announces beta sign ups years before they are actually ready to take in beta testers (cough jumpgate evolution cough). Time to sign up!

On a side note, I feel like beta testing this game would ruin it for you more than any other game because you will have seen the stories by the time it is released. Oh well

Yeah, that's why I'm trying really hard not to sign up. I want to walk into this game, day 1 and everything be new. You could overcome the story issue by say picking a class you won't play in live I guess.

SWG Bloodfin vet

Originally posted by tillamook

Yeah, that's why I'm trying really hard not to sign up. I want to walk into this game, day 1 and everything be new. You could overcome the story issue by say picking a class you won't play in live I guess.

That's my plan, I plan on going Empire in Live, and I'll pay republic in beta, if i get in.

• AbrahmmAbrahmm Member Posts: 2,448

Yeah, I guess if you just pick one class and stick to it the entire beta, the story will only be ruined for that class, unless all of the class stories some how tie together at the end, which would be a bad idea if you ask me as it would kill replay-ability.

Tried: LotR, CoH, AoC, WAR, Jumpgate Classic
    Played: SWG, Guild Wars, WoW
    Playing: Eve Online, Counter-strike
    Loved: Star Wars Galaxies
    Waiting for: Earthrise, Guild Wars 2, anything sandbox.

Yeah, I guess if you just pick one class and stick to it the entire beta, the story will only be ruined for that class, unless all of the class stories some how tie together at the end, which would be a bad idea if you ask me as it would kill replay-ability.

I think there are 2 overarching story lines to follow. You may only get a taste of the bigger story.

SWG Bloodfin vet

• jawapetjawapet Member Posts: 79

To be honest I think the game is more complete then they let on. The slow release of information is probably a better strategy in my opinion.

Very much so, that's why they keep a pretty standard flow of how and when info is released.

Damnit, now I'm having second thoughts. : /

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Good! You're right guys...it's not worth it. Why ruin it now? Wait it out, give it a few months...don't ruin it for yourselves :P 

Oh yeah...and STAY OFF THE SITE!!! Those of us DYING to test it are trying to get in still ;)

Originally posted by TUX426

Good! You're right guys...it's not worth it. Why ruin it now? Wait it out, give it a few months...don't ruin it for yourselves :P 

Oh yeah...and STAY OFF THE SITE!!! Those of us DYING to test it are trying to get in still ;)

I see what you did there.

Nah I seriously wanna test it, but wanna save the story. I could just skip through story parts. My biggest interest is PvP.

• jawapetjawapet Member Posts: 79
    Originally posted by TUX426

Thank you for visiting www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com. We are making adjustments to the site due to the overwhelming response to the testing announcement. Please be patient and check back later. We estimate that the site will be back up in the next few hours.

Danke für Deinen Besuch auf www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.de. Wir nehmen aufgrund des überwältigenden Zuspruchs zur Ankündigung des Spieltests zur Zeit einige Änderungen an der Seite vor. Wir bitten Euch um Geduld, und später noch einmal vorbei zu schauen. Wir nehmen an, dass die Seite in den nächsten Stunden wieder online sein wird.

Merci de visiter www. StarWarsTheOldRepublic.fr. Nous sommes en train d’effectuer des réalignements du site à la suite de l’impressionnante réponse à l’annonce du test. Nous vous prions de vous patienter et de revisiter le site plus tard. Nous supposons qu’il sera de nouveau en ligne dans les prochaines heures.

---

Yea I am def testing it.  I want this game to be the best it can be, and to do that I need to smash, blast, and beat the heck out of it.  That way they know what still needs worked on, like server capacity :p and so they can fix it, make it better, so those problems aren't there at launch.

It sounds like this going to be really focused testing, probably having it set up for certain classes areas to be worked on.  I don't think it's going to be the type of beta that we pick and choose what to test, I think they are really going to have a lot of control over the testing.  I think that's part of why they are going to be cycling through player each test session.  So if you want to save the story, best bet is don't sign up for test till they get out of the early stuff, sign up as late beta tester.

• MrBum21MrBum21 Member UncommonPosts: 405

SW:TOR would like to thank every one for stress testing the beta aplication page.  please check back in 4-6 weeks to sign up for the actual beta.

the missing link in a chain of destruction.

All spelling and typographical errors are based soely on the fact that i just dont care. If you must point out my lack of atention to detail, please do it with a smile.