Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

this is where we make our stand

my friends $OE has shown me something

they have shown me that them along with micro$oft and ea are more then willing to rip players off to lie to players and to treat us like we are the worst thing ever and i am sick of it i am sick of mico$oft stealing money from people i am sick of ea coming out with bad games and telling people how they want to play it and most of all i am sick of $OE lying and stealing from we the players who make there game.

raph koster once said it is us the players that make the game it is we players who made swg one of the most beloved mmos of all time before it was stolen from us. and yes it was stolen from us my friends it was stolen from us and turned into that pos nge cuz $OE wanted to make the wow players and the action gamers who came into our game happy.

this is why i said years ago jump to lightspeed was going to be the worst move $OE could make for our game. i told people that all that would bring in are the action gamers who will start making demands and ruin our game. and they got it with the nge and look at what $OE did.

250k players gone over night

everyone losing almost everything that they have worked years for

and now look at the game all $OE does is lie to the player base and say everything is fine as bioware makes the nge 2.0 and $OE sells lame card packs that idiots hope will have the new uber loot that will help them win in pvp.

no more my friends.

this site and this board is where we need to come united and say no more to those ruining our games. we have done a great job for the last 4 years but now we have to go out and show the world that we the players want our game back and for our game to stay the way it is.

say it whenever you can in any game you play we want pre-cu swg

Comments

• SelfDestructProSelfDestructPro Member UncommonPosts: 323

WTF?  Ok no dude, it wasn't Jump to Lightspeed that did it.  Sorry to burst your bubble.  Should SOE be trash talked?  Sure, but you did it the wrong way and about the wrong things.  Jump to Lightspeed didn't bring the action gamers.  It was the combat upgrade.  Combat plays an important role in whether players decide to play a game or not.  It was the combat upgrade that lost half the old community base and brought in new players that wanted to see the game taken in a different direction, hence the NGE not but maybe a year later? (Been so long I can't remember)

Anyway give it a rest, it's been like at least five years.  A dead horse is dead.  Wait for SWG 2.  Because you know whether SW:TOR is successful or not, SWG is going to have to take action.  I'm hoping they just die finally and somewhere down the road they decide to remake the classic universe with none of any of the original developers.  I mean I really don't see what appealed to anyone about the original SWG, the CU, or the NGE.  It was all crappy.  I only played the game because it was Star Wars.  They didn't capture any of the planets from the movie with the crappy graphics and design.  They didn't capture any of the immersion you felt during any of the movies.  I mean when are games going to add real immersion?  SW:TORs combat is a feeble attempt at immersion with the take cover options.  Because that's it.  Other than taking cover, so far it seems you can just pull an SWG and stand in the middle of a bunch of enemies and take a bunch of hits.

Whatever though.  Some people find the hero aspect that SW:TOR brings cool.  I may get sucked in the game as well because not only is it Star Wars, but it's the Old Republic which I really enjoyed.  But, I'm trying to avoid it.

• KyngBillsKyngBills Member UncommonPosts: 452
    Originally posted by seniorfrito

WTF?  Ok no dude, it wasn't Jump to Lightspeed that did it.  Sorry to burst your bubble.  Should SOE be trash talked?  Sure, but you did it the wrong way and about the wrong things.  Jump to Lightspeed didn't bring the action gamers.  It was the combat upgrade.  Combat plays an important role in whether players decide to play a game or not.  It was the combat upgrade that lost half the old community base and brought in new players that wanted to see the game taken in a different direction, hence the NGE not but maybe a year later? (Been so long I can't remember)

I want to preface this by saying this is nothing more than My opinion and My observations...Not saying I know it all just saying I was there and this is what I think happened...

I've read this type of opinion before concerning the CU but I have to say...I was there during the whole thing and LONG after...In My Guild, and on My Server, I never noticed much of a difference with the CU introduction...Sure a few people quit but there was a ton coming in too...I can honestly say that I did not have one really close Friend or Guildy that quit because of the CU...And half? No way it was half...That much I can say with confidence...Again I'm aware some Folks quit...But the Game seemed, to me at least, to be REALLY hopping well after the CU was introduced...I'm not saying Folks were thrilled with everything either...But the thing is as the Years have passed the type of departure that was caused by the CU has really come to be expected in MMO's...Some Folks just get bored and move on...A small, vocal minority ALWAYS has tizzy fits...And from what I can tell the whole CU departure thing has become more urban myth than fact over time generated by a few Players who were REAL unhappy at the time...All I know is My Guild and Server seemed to be just fine up until the NGE...Then all hell broke loose...I lost 9 out of 15 Council Members in the 1st Month after the NGE...Within a Year only 3 of the 15 remained...

There were legit, needed reasons for the CU...It was not perfect but IMHO it was a HUGE step in the right direction...Had they simply continued to build off that they would have been fine...But SOE and Lucas had a collective panic, probably due to WOW's success by that time, and the NGE-idea was born...And that, not the CU was the beginning of the end...

• greed0104greed0104 Member Posts: 2,134

Lol? So now it's JTL fault? Wow dude, you're full of surprises everytime you post.

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269

Wait, did I step into some kind of worm hole or somthing? I swear I've seen thins somewhere on these forums (and every single other forum in existance) before.

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

• wartywarty Member Posts: 461

why are you posting here when you could be signing up for SWTOR beta right fucking now?

Playing polished, lag free, feature complete games is carebear. Whining about a game you hate but still play is hardcore man!

Screw it, good luck with the crusade stillkillin.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Originally posted by warty

why are you posting here when you could be signing up for SWTOR beta right fucking now?

He already did. xD

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907
    Originally posted by warty

Dude...I'll buy your beta key for a eleventy billion dollars! I can't get in :( CURSE YOU INTERNETZ!!!!!

Holocron drops were what killed the game, sorry to tell ya.

[quote: Raph"]Holocron drops were what made the game go down, and probably the single biggest cause for SWG's eventual fate.[/quote]

www.rlmmo.com/viewtopic.php

SWG Bloodfin vet

• blackthornnblackthornn Member UncommonPosts: 615
    Originally posted by mrw0lf

Wait, did I step into some kind of worm hole or somthing? I swear I've seen thins somewhere on these forums (and every single other forum in existance) before.

probably a ton of NGE rants on the Hello Kitty Online boards too by now :P

Grouping in Old school mmo's: meeting someone at the bar and chatting, getting to know them before jumping into bed.  Current mmo's grouping: tinder.  swipe, hookup, hope you don't get herpes, never see them again.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Ah jeez not this crap again.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• tman5tman5 Member Posts: 604
    Originally posted by tillamook

Holocron drops were what killed the game, sorry to tell ya.

[quote: Raph"]Holocron drops were what made the game go down, and probably the single biggest cause for SWG's eventual fate.[/quote]

This^  With the caveat that is wasn't so much the holocrons themselves, but what prompted their introduction - the desire by LA or SOE (whoever, I don't care any more) to have Jedi more apparent in the game.  This single, faulty idea opened the door for every other travesty to follow.

It was NOT JTL.  That was probably the only good addition to the game.

• tman5tman5 Member Posts: 604
    Originally posted by stillkillin

You don't think we have made our voices heard by now?  You don't think SOE/LA know "we" want pre-CU (I'm not even sure who "we" are anymore)?  Do you think somehow- if we scream louder - they will suddenly hear and acquiesce?

Knock yourself out.  Me, I'm just taking my money elsewhere.

BTW OP, Raph pretty much said to move on years ago. Most of us have, I think it's time you should as well.

SWG Bloodfin vet

• AbrahmmAbrahmm Member Posts: 2,448
    Originally posted by tman5

You don't think we have made our voices heard by now?  You don't think SOE/LA know "we" want pre-CU (I'm not even sure who "we" are anymore)?  Do you think somehow- if we scream louder - they will suddenly hear and acquiesce?

Knock yourself out.  Me, I'm just taking my money elsewhere.

Seriously. I'll make my comments about how I miss the game and that play style when appropriate, but if they haven't heard our voices by now they are deaf and never will. I will, however, continue to speak with my wallet, and refuse to give any more money to SOE.

Tried: LotR, CoH, AoC, WAR, Jumpgate Classic
    Played: SWG, Guild Wars, WoW
    Playing: Eve Online, Counter-strike
    Loved: Star Wars Galaxies
    Waiting for: Earthrise, Guild Wars 2, anything sandbox.

I have asked this question before and never got a response, Stillkillin and those that are like minded. Even if SoE did give you a Pre-Cu server to play on, would you actually pay them for it? As for me I wont buy another SoE game. And not because of what they did to SWG, my problem was with how they did it. And that showed the true colors of SoE. Make a stand with your wallet, move on.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

It wasn't JTL that did the game in, JTL was actaully a very good addition to the game. It was the CU that started it all, I've had friends that quit when WoW went live, then came back during the CU and say "jeez SWG is exactly like WoW now", need I say more? SOE wanted to gain the amount of players that WoW had, but like most other companies in the psat 5 years, they all failed thinking they'd get the same success.

I couldn't tell you why the NGE happened, all I can say it was completely out of stupidity and incompetence.

• CasualMakerCasualMaker Member UncommonPosts: 862
    Originally posted by greed0104

Even if SoE did give you a Pre-Cu server to play on, would you actually pay them for it? As for me I wont buy another SoE game. And not because of what they did to SWG, my problem was with how they did it.

Yes, I would pay SOE to play on a pre-CU server.  It took a very long time after NGE before I could even try another SOE game, but I've sampled 3 since then.  Vanguard has some interesting features, but is overall kinda blah.  EverQuest was fun, and I'm planning to give it another shot sometime; but there aren't many people to play with at my level.  EQ2 has the same population issue, but I have enough fun anyway to remain subscribed.

• stillkillinstillkillin Member Posts: 221

yes that is right go sign up for the tor beta and get shoved more wow bs in a game that could have been one of the greatest mmos ever.

and it was jtls was just part of what ruined our game fact is when it came out $OE was talking about the combat revamp something that would have given the game wow numbers in no time. after that it became the cu something none of the players wanted rememebr all the theed protests about the cu. still jtls was one of the faults it put in a lame action game and on my server i was in one of the biggest imp guilds and we told our members to go do space on there own time we made posts about it and thankfuly space died.

we are being ripped off at every turn and $OE is one of the biggest pos ripping us gamers off. along with ea micro$oft and others. we need to stand up and show those making the games what we want and get respect from those making the game.

• ElwalpoElwalpo Member Posts: 23

actually what really killed the game is too much crying then $OE had to comply to the needs of the weak so all the QQers would be happy LOL.

played: EQOA,EQ1, EQ2, SWG, DAOC, FFXI, GW, WoW, Eve, Vanguard, COH/COV, Pirates of Burning Sea, Pirates of the Carribean, Freerealms, AOC, Warhammer, UO, Secondlife (LMFAO), The Matrix Online.
    Waiting for: SWTOR, STO

LONG LIVE MICROSOFT!!!

SWG Bloodfin vet

yes that is right go sign up for the tor beta and get shoved more wow bs

Ok, the game looks pretty fun to me, wow clone or not. Have fun waiting for SWG 2, oh wait, SoE is making a Clone Wars Free Realms type thing right? Well have fun with that.

• kilunkilun Member UncommonPosts: 829

JTL killed the game?  JTL is awesome, I've resubscribed just to get my old xwing-tie fighter itch in a newer game done.

CU was the start of the downfall.  I quit with that horrible partical effect remove of the queue trash.  I resubbed a month before the NGE and tried to have fun, but after being an Armorsmith since launch and having all my resources now utter trash since they switched up the entire recipes(thankfully between WS and AS you could get semi decent stuff) it was a bore.

I'm sorry but once SOE back is against the wall and they lose a lot of subscribers once SWTOR is released., it would not surprise me that they open a pre-cu server to try to keep the game alive, or even after one of the emulators go live and they see hard data on how many people are playing.  This clone wars free realms type could be a nice addition, if they incorporate some of the basic advanced crafting and lots/harvesters I can see it becoming a swg2, or it could be a pile if its just a cheap action game. 

• sienosieno Member Posts: 119

o.k  I wouldnt go back  for a little to  late  $oe  may we forget  the nerf after nerf  my class was nerfed out  way before cu happened  and the  way $oe  held strong to the whiners  stating the game was to hard to people who didnt even play the freaking game  and the list of lies after lies by  $oe  here  I will never play another $oe game again  even if they opened up a pre-cu server who would want to put up with $oe stuff again ???    not  i 

You want loot? Go kill some npcs, you wanna visit hades? come find ME, and dont forget to bring coins for the ferryman,

• Konner920Konner920 Member UncommonPosts: 295
    Originally posted by tillamook

LONG LIVE MICROSOFT!!!

When did Micro$oft make a mmo?

Oh wait. they didn't.

Most of Sony's MMOs was successful. Look at Everquest. theres like 938 different expansions for it. and they just ANNOUNCED another expansion. so 939? well maybe not that many. They DID end up fucking up their games in SOME way. I dont get why everyone has to bash on sony for everything.