Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Book of Eli (Trailer)

www.latinoreview.com/news/book-of-eli-trailer-is-dusty-and-dire-8098

I'd read about this some time ago and knew I wanted to see it but I am genuinely excited about it now. The only other movie I've really looked forward to in the last few years was Star Trek. Excellent casting and even Mila Kunis finally looks like she belongs in a movie she was cast in(unlike Max Payne).

I love a good Apocalypse movie and even though I know the Road will be a good watch(Yeah I read the book), I like my Apocalypse with a little more gun and "swordplay" in it.

Good site by the way. I saw the trailer for the new Freddy Krueger movie for the first time and found out what the new Predator movie will likely be about. This stuff can always be found elsewhere but nice to have it in one place.

*Edit* Adding article and trailer for new Nightmare on Elm Street.

www.latinoreview.com/news/a-nightmare-on-elm-street-teaser-trailer-8108

Comments

• Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902

ya im not crazy about michael *kabloom!* bay doing the new nightmare.. especially without robert englund.  In 2008 I sat in a panel with Robert Englund, very cool personality and extremely well spoken gent.  He didnt seem too thrilled with the direction the new nightmare was headed.. but he did seem to like the idea of showing more of the history of freddie.

also the makeup on the new freddie ..IMO is a huge mistake.  Its very different from the original, which I think is going to take away from the spirit of freddie.  Listening to the trailer, is sounds like the actor has a mouth full of prosthetics..  very cheap.

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."
  • LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383

I'm a little torn actually. I'm cool with this Freddy being a lot less comical(even though I realize that is what made him stand out from Jason and Michael Meyers), and so the more "realistic" burn make-up and deeper voice kind of go along with that. Also, since they are not using Robert Englund it might be wise to change the character's appearance and voice a little too.

However, Englund's Freddy is what kept the series going(the dream-killing twist helps) and using someone else, even a fairly talented actor, may be poor decision in the end. It doesn't bother me that a new generation will grow up without ever knowing the original leatherface, Michael Meyers, or Jason Vorhees... but it does bother me that they'll grow up not recognizing Robert Englund as Freddy Kruger. Of course that is probably because he is the only one who doesn't wear a mask and actually speaks heh.