Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who has quit Swg Poll

13»

Comments

• apocadallapocadall Member Posts: 64

I subscribed to SWG originally in the beginning of August, 2003, I played till around December and then quit and then resubscribed in January because of the free so many days for veteran players to try and bring them back.

I stayed on for another few months and then quit again in June because the clan I was in got torn apart because of Leadership trouble and other problems, if anyone remembers, I was part of LEGIO on the Sunrunner server.

I'm thinking about resubscribing again since I just bought JTL and four of my friends are gonna get SWG so i'll have four people to play with at anytime. image

• MotorheadMotorhead Member UncommonPosts: 1,193

Originally posted by xplororor

2. SWG is second intended for casual gamers. People who have 1-3 hours free time to play per session. If you are a powergamer who plays 5, 10, 16, 20+ hours a session, go BACK to playing EQ. Do NOT play SWG. You are NOT the intended target market.

Xplororor, for over a year I have seen you post about "SWG is meant for the casual player", and SWG's "target market".  You seem to know so much about SWG/SOE's "target market".  So please, tell us where you're getting this information about the "target market" that SWG is craving for.

Can we see a link discussing this "target market" that SOE wishes to play SWG?  Anything...  Please, just show us a link to where someone at SOE says, "We've intended SWG to be played by the casual gamer." 

Because when I was playing SWG and going for master Pistoleer (before all the idiot buffs), being in your so-called "target market" and playing 1-3 a session would've taken me 6 months to master my profession.  So maybe your definition of "casual gamer" actually means "SOE wants us to grind for 6x$14.99"  Cuz hey, being your so-called "casual gamer" just puts more money in SOE's pockets right?  Hell, I'd be screaming that SWG was meant for the casual gamer too.

When I get online to play my current game, I usually have about 1-3 hours, so I am what you and SOE/SWG would consider a casual gamer.  But you know what?  A rose is still a rose, and SWG sucks.  It sucked before, and now it's one putrid rose. 

This "casual gamer" wouldn't touch SWG ever again with an "intended target market's" d***.

--------------------------------------------
    I'm like a Superhero without the powers or motivation.

----------------------------------------------
    "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb." -- Batman

• TheTemplarTheTemplar Member UncommonPosts: 37

I quit once (just about one month ago) after playing one year. Still think SWG is good but I'll take some time off until combat revamp (update? whatever...) is done. I hope it will introduce a more group oriented gampeplay style and also more challenging content (CC and DWB were great but when you've done them enough times you want variation).

JTL was not for me, so that was the main reason I quit now.

• bballermc333bballermc333 Member Posts: 283

HMmmmmm were do i start, ok i quit once, but i have to say the time i had in the game was amazing. The graphics, best ive seen, the fact that you can own land and dig for items, AMAZING having your own merchant to sell for you GREAT! honesly i stoped when they cut out the holos, i had all i needed, with one master left to do, i feel like thats a much better way then questing because it gives you the chance to try different skills, i had masterd in dance, combat med, TK, and BH, this game was great for the time i played it but to tell anyone that is gonna buy it, geez it gets boring easy. first off macros are everywere and if you want to progress you will need to find out how to make one, otherwise theres no way your gonna reach your goal of becoming jedi.

Let me tell you how long it was when i quit.
    People sell jedi accounts for over 1000 dollars on Ebay.
    The game is so indepth i am amaized.
    If they are to bring in new races i might come back.
    But the fact that my parents are pissed that i keep game hopping might not let me(my dad doesnt realize that it doesnt matter if you cancle one game and subscribe to another.

Yeah well now im deciding to stay with Asheron's Call-BEST EFFING GAME EVER!!!!!!!!!! or Buy WoW or EQ2

• pirrgpirrg Member Posts: 1,443

Originally posted by Elnator

Dunno, I haven't quit yet.  For all it's faults SWG is the best game out there still.  Has the best crafting system of them all, though Horizons does a fairly decent job as well (SWG is still better though).  Has the best combat system I've seen in an MMO thus far.  Has awesome graphics.  It's got grouping issues but the upcoming combat revamp has me hoping that they'll tone buffs down to where people group again.
    As far as PVP goes SWG is the best, hands down.  It's actually very well balanced other than Jedi (who, technically, should be unbalanced even though they are a pain in the arse).
    Altogether it's got it's monotonous/boring periods but overall it's better than anything else out there right now.

Hahahaha!!! hahahhhhhaahahahahaha...

oh god, dont do that mate you might give someone an heartattack. BEST pvp system out there? What the hell are you smoking? All you do in swg is run around pressing ONE macro you freakin moron. Or if youre a TKA, dizzy and headhit. WEE..... swg has the worst of the worst, worst in pvp, worst in questing, worst in grouping, worst in pvp, everything.

rawr

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

I tried it, never payed for it though. My comments on it you can read here. Its a rather long review so I didn't want to restate it here, however I welcome everyone to read it, its not that old, some things may have changed but probably not many.

- Fadeus Hawkwood

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• zhiremzhirem Member Posts: 5

Left a long time ago. Played from launch just over a year. The 'veteran reward' was a marketing gimmick and slap in the face. Rather than giving us something useful for our patience and loyalty, we got plans for a ship, that would could not use for at least another 6 months, and only then if we bought the expansion. If your marketing department is going to be running your game, at least have the nards to come out and say so.

Jump to New Revenues was a pathetic attempt to fix your sorry state of affairs. Never played it, never will.

The ENTIRE community (over 50 individuals, not including alts) I was a part of and playing in, with multiple guilds, established micro-economies, great group gestalt, etc. left. The WHOLE community. Did I mention that they all had played from launch? Did I mention that they all were die-hard fanbois/grrlz of the game and Star Wars in general? Did I mention that they ALL were MMORPG veterans of more than a few games? Did I mention that these core people are the ones SOE has all but entirely lost from their playerbase? Did I mention that these people were actively creating and running their own content?

Pathetic. SOE and specifically SWG investors should be looking for blood and rolling heads. As it is, with the news today from 'the masked developer' at SWG, they are adding 20 people to their team and reinfusing the project with cash and the needed people power...

Anyone actually believe this crap? Not me. And I would hazard a guess that none of my former community will either. I would further guess that a great many veterans will not be swayed. We STILL remember being told THROUGHOUT 2004 that the combat revamp was coming, only to be told later that most of the entire team had been switched to working on Jump to MightyGreed. Now THAT went over great with the community. Thunderfart had a helluva time with that one as I recall.

It just is really too bad that independant news agencies and bulletin boards and other forums cannot be controlled and mass-deleted like the SOE boards. Word got out. No amount of lipstick will make any of us want to kiss your pig.

Screw this game. It deserves to be found in bargain bins at the local computer and game stores. Which is where one finds it currently. One local software store had the collecters edition slashed down to $10 to try to get rid of the 40 or so boxes they never did sell...

Heh. I love it. Reap the whirlwind you stupid mofo's. The vets tried to help you. Tried to warn you. You poo'd in our collective faces. Just desserts I say. One can only hope very messy and very public lawsuits ensue...

• aloquentaloquent Member Posts: 3

As someone who played SWG for almost a year, I have quit two times. The first time I built a master commando up and had a lot of fun pvping and pve'ing. Unfortunately, the game just got very boring very fast...the grouping system was flawed, and I felt as if I was doing the same things over and over. Questing to become a Jedi also seemed fairly pointless, and the title quests they had to travel around to various places seemed a waste of time.

All in all, I moved to another game called Meridian59 and eventually came back to SWG, this time becoming a master Doc. I began PvP'ing extensively, and had a great few rebound weeks before ultimately throwing SWG away. I give the game a 7.0.

-Aloq

www.meridian59.com

www.meridian59.com

• ZulubahnZulubahn Member Posts: 11

Hi

i played SWG from day one. I hade 24 Masters and a hole lot of cash. But in the end. Rewamping the game every now and then dosent help if you want ppl to stay. The inbalance in the game is to big. Buffs are to high and to long. The PvP is not so fun. There are alot of fun and good stuff abot SWG. But not enuf to keep ppl on for more the one year. I quit 2 times. The last time bcuz SOE kicked me out. (god knows why). I must say it has the best Crafting and community af all MMORPG´s i have played. Now playing EQ2 Kick ass game. w8ting for wow euro release

/Quai Anazasi  (Eclips) AKA Edakai Everfrost =)

• DarqueLordDarqueLord Member Posts: 195

I would like to thank everyone for their opinion on this poll. Hopefully for those who still play, SWG will eventually become the game everyone hoped for, when it came out.

A recent post listed in this forum talks about a additional 20 people added to their staff. This might be the first sign of the apocalyspe, or the developers finally listening to their clients. Either way I wish them luck on saving this game.

Let me know if this game ever reaches a point that it would be considered playable again. I still have friends who are very involved with this game, and I would love to run with them again. But if not let me know anyway (lol) I dont need to waste my money again.