Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who has quit Swg Poll

I am interested in knowing how many of the members of Mmorpg.com have quit Swg. So lets take a poll and see who has quit the game at least once if not more. This is not to flame anyone or the SWG, just to let others know what this community thinks of this game.

Comments

• panachepanache Member UncommonPosts: 397

I've quit once and doubt i will return. If only SWG had more empathis on grouping, leading to a more "fun factor" i would probably be still there now.

But who really wants to spend time governed by the length of buffs you have soloing? 

Pan

Pan

• DarthrenoDarthreno Member UncommonPosts: 41

I did twice :(

First time, because i knew that was the only thing to do, as this game is so booooooring.

But as some friends were still playing SWG, and no other game, i said to myself, "okay, at least i will play with them...". So quite 6 months later i came back. But that was such a pain. The game didn't change a bit. Jedi were running around and dueling like Diablo teenagers... And anyway the most advanced character of my friends was spending her time in cantinas, chaining macros to improve dancing, the player was not even in front of his screen. Great way to play online with friends. And great way to waste money. So i quit again, and i am happy i did.

I don't plan to come back to this game, which actually disgusted me of Star Wars. Nothing they will bring in the game to attract new customers will make me change my mind, jedi, starships, noghris, zeltrons, nagai, nothing. Eeven if the game was free image

• AprillyAprilly Member UncommonPosts: 124

Twice here also.

I played SWG when it was first released and had fun. Even with the bugs.  When I got master Doc I thought now what ??? So I left the game.

I decided after about a year to try again.  When I went to a cantina and saw all the AFK players running macros I thought this is bad.  In the med center I saw afk docs running macros and healing.  In short a lot of people were logging in running a macro and not  even being at their screen.  Thats when I quit forever.  I still don't understand why anyone would "play" a game like that.

That which does not kill you only makes you stronger.

That which does not kill you only makes you stronger.

• metalcoremetalcore Member Posts: 798

Twice here also.

Once cos it sucked, only came back cos my Bro was playing it.

Now playing: VG (after a long break from MMORPGS)
    Played for more than a month: Darkfall online, Vanguard SOH, Everquest, Horizons, WoW, SWG, Everquest II, Eve

• flabairflabair Member Posts: 188

once here, learned my lesson the first time.

• zoey121zoey121 Member Posts: 926

i just recently left a week before jtls,

after seeing it in beta i knew it could not save my interest in game play or add to my game play

just more of the same ole same ole, only twich, time ,and money sink

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

Dunno, I haven't quit yet.  For all it's faults SWG is the best game out there still.  Has the best crafting system of them all, though Horizons does a fairly decent job as well (SWG is still better though).  Has the best combat system I've seen in an MMO thus far.  Has awesome graphics.  It's got grouping issues but the upcoming combat revamp has me hoping that they'll tone buffs down to where people group again.

As far as PVP goes SWG is the best, hands down.  It's actually very well balanced other than Jedi (who, technically, should be unbalanced even though they are a pain in the arse).

Altogether it's got it's monotonous/boring periods but overall it's better than anything else out there right now.

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

• JohnarkJohnark Member Posts: 901

I've played since November 2003, quit on October 19th 2004.

I've tried to touch as many fun professions as I could, mastered a lot of professions either with my hologrinder on Kauri called Kirmor Orion (10 professions) or with my 10 other characters on multiple servers, half of them were perfect Mastered templates.

Why do I feel good saying STAR WARS GALAXIES SUCKS?
    It's simple, SOE doesn't care about veteran players.

Reason why I quit SWG even before trying JTL?
    Cause the core of the game sucks and lacks content.  And even if I explore space, what was SOE thinking?  That we'll always be in space from now on?   Geez, I want to land on a planet and do stuff like I've always been doing for the past year, but if the normal game sucks, then it will force me to always stay in space.  And according to beta testers, they claim that unless SOE adds more quests and things to explore in JTL, you can pretty much experience everything in JTL within 2 months if you know what you're doing.

Keep playing SWG just for 2 months? Forget it... EQ2 or Guild Wars, my money is now in your hands.

___________ ___ __ _ _ _
    Stealth - Ambush - Hemorrhage - Sinister Strike x2 - Cold Blood - Eviscerate - Vanish - Preparation - Cold Blood - Ambush - ... you're dead! :P

• DryzeDryze Member Posts: 34
    I played for around 90 days. (30 free days plus the 60 day game card) I had my fun with the game in those 90 days, met some cool people, then called it quits after my account expired. Waiting for World of Warcraft now, and people are saying its 100x better then SWG ever was.

• Originally posted by DarqueLord

I am interested in knowing how many of the members of Mmorpg.com have quit Swg. So lets take a poll and see who has quit the game at least once if not more. This is not to flame anyone or the SWG, just to let others know what this community thinks of this game.

Look at how many posters at MMORPG.com have posted in the SWG forums. Browse from page 1 to page 5. There are roughly 12 regular posters in this SWG section.

Next, it is tooo easy to make multi accounts at MMORPG.com which is a 100% free gamer site.

There is abosoluty no way at all to verify if the people taking the poll have EVER played SWG, or when was the last time they played SWG. I have caught many flamers, nay-sayers, posting negative things about SWG and that they have never ever played the game in the first place. (They grossly posted incorrectly how many servers SWG has, the names of the servers, and much  more, etc...)

Almost none of the (30 so far) voters have even POSTED in this thread LOL! And if they do/did it would be very intresting to see how many of them have a post count of 1. image

Thus, the poll is 100% flawed, inaccurate, and no idication at all of what the actual SWG community thinks about the game. Only what .000000000001% of former SWG players think about the game out of the 200,000+ players who play SWG.

Since the poll is throughly inaccurate, then yes... it enters flame territiory. image

Need another example? EQ has had over 500,000+ players QUIT playing EQ. Is it any indication at all what the EQ community thinks about EQ? Does it mean EQ is the most suckiest game ever created? That all talk about it being one of the most successful MMORPGs is all lies? image

SWG IS a hit. Is a success. Does have 200,000 players. IS currently online. And will keep on being online. No matter if you like it or not. See the menu on the left side? Ever wonder why there are soo many OTHER selections? Because if you choose one you do not like, you have the CHOICE to choose another. image

-Personal Website (A Work in progress):
    http://www.geocities.com/xplororor/index.html
    -AC, AC2, AO, EQ, SWG:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor
    -More SWG:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/captain_sica_xol
    -EverQuest II:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor_eq2archives01
    -EQ, Dungeon Siege, Diablo II, *UXO*:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor_archives01
    -EVE Online !!!
    http://community.webshots.com/user/sica_xol_archives01

I'm in the WOW Beta...

Hate to break it to you but WOW isn't any better than any of the MMO's coming out.  I'd say it's about as good as SWG, but not better.  Graphics are a bit better and it's cool to ride flying stuff but, hey, that's not that big a deal.  The game plays about the same and feels about the same.  As far as PVP goes I'd say SWG has it beat hands down.

SWG is just as good as anything else coming out.

As far as EQ2?  Played it on a friend's beta account.  And boy am I glad I turned down the invitation to EQ2 beta.  After 7 years of EQ the LAST thing I want to do is sink more time into THAT particular genre.

SWG is better, imo, than both of those games.

"Damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead!"

Sig image Pending

• AbemonAbemon Member Posts: 203

ive played two 14 day trial but havent bought the game (because i live in middle of nowhere and its hard for me to purchase it)
    does that make me 2 time quitter or i have never quit (i love the game though, theres nothing i hate there. Yes, i know the bugs and the jedis and all that, but you know what, i dont care what others might say, its my opinion and im gonna stick to it :))

Err...

Just buy it online?

"Damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead!"

Sig image Pending

• AbemonAbemon Member Posts: 203

Originally posted by Elnator
    Err...Just buy it online?"Damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead!"

ive been to lot of local internet stores, they have it until i start to order it ::::28:: (i just love them)
    the reason why i havent bought it from foreign internet stores is ive seen it only on US sites, i have also seen only few European sites (actually, im not sure about this :P) but im scared to order from there because of the shipping price

• MotorheadMotorhead Member UncommonPosts: 1,193

Originally posted by xplororor

Originally posted by DarqueLord

Look at how many posters at MMORPG.com have posted in the SWG forums. Browse from page 1 to page 5. There are roughly 12 regular posters in this SWG section.

Next, it is tooo easy to make multi accounts at MMORPG.com which is a 100% free gamer site.

There is abosoluty no way at all to verify if the people taking the poll have EVER played SWG, or when was the last time they played SWG. I have caught many flamers, nay-sayers, posting negative things about SWG and that they have never ever played the game in the first place. (They grossly posted incorrectly how many servers SWG has, the names of the servers, and much  more, etc...)

Almost none of the (30 so far) voters have even POSTED in this thread LOL! And if they do/did it would be very intresting to see how many of them have a post count of 1. image

Thus, the poll is 100% flawed, inaccurate, and no idication at all of what the actual SWG community thinks about the game. Only what .000000000001% of former SWG players think about the game out of the 200,000+ players who play SWG.

Since the poll is throughly inaccurate, then yes... it enters flame territiory. image

Need another example? EQ has had over 500,000+ players QUIT playing EQ. Is it any indication at all what the EQ community thinks about EQ? Does it mean EQ is the most suckiest game ever created? That all talk about it being one of the most successful MMORPGs is all lies? image

SWG IS a hit. Is a success. Does have 200,000 players. IS currently online. And will keep on being online. No matter if you like it or not. See the menu on the left side? Ever wonder why there are soo many OTHER selections? Because if you choose one you do not like, you have the CHOICE to choose another. image

-Personal Website (A Work in progress):
    http://www.geocities.com/xplororor/index.html
    -AC, AC2, AO, EQ, SWG:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor
    -More SWG:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/captain_sica_xol
    -EverQuest II:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor_eq2archives01
    -EQ, Dungeon Siege, Diablo II, *UXO*:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor_archives01
    -EVE Online !!!
    http://community.webshots.com/user/sica_xol_archives01

I have far too bad of a cold right now to put too much thought into this post....

I quit October of last year, and I doubt I will ever go back.

But if you're still having fun in the game, who the Hell am I to say anything....

--------------------------------------------
    Frodo has failed. Bush has The Ring.

----------------------------------------------
    "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb." -- Batman

• milhoan6milhoan6 Member CommonPosts: 580
    I quit once, went back for the 10-day return thing, then left again....I guess you can count that as two lolimage

MMORPG's I've played: Star Wars Galaxies, Anarchy Online DAOC, EQ, WW2 Online, and Knight Online

• KyarraKyarra Member UncommonPosts: 789
    I quit after playing for a year..got a jedi, gave it to a friend, and now will probably never go back to the game since alot of my guild has left also :(..waiting on WoW

• MakestroMakestro Member Posts: 218

i have quit twice, well 3 times but i dont count the first cause i never really quit, i just couldn't afford it for like 3 days :P

but i will probably never go back, i'm playing WoW rightn ow and i am in love with it

www.scarybadguys.com

• Matt_UKMatt_UK Member Posts: 420

Originally posted by xplororor

Hahaha is this SWG fanboi still going? Words like 'flog' and 'dead horse' come to mind. Give it up mate, nobody with any sense still plays SWG. It's dead, but they just won't bury it. Go on quote me all the statistics... yawn...

M.

• go4brokego4broke Member Posts: 180

Originally posted by Matt_UK

Hahaha is this SWG fanboi still going? Words like 'flog' and 'dead horse' come to mind. Give it up mate, nobody with any sense still plays SWG. It's dead, but they just won't bury it. Go on quote me all the statistics... yawn...
    M.

You could definitely say that about him.

I think a friend of mine put it right

"I have faith in sony to kick their customers in the teeth... that's about it. :)"

and for that I have to agree with him. While people may not enjoy WoW, there is much more there as far as quests, exploration and overall activities to do than there ever has been in SWG.

I'm a beta tester of SWG, part of the "this game is not ready" camp and frankly have yet to see anything worthwhile come out of it yet. Things that were broke in beta are still broke, promises about faction bases being valuable are a joke. There just is nothing to do in the game unless you like crafting. it's a crafters paradise and not much else.

As for PVP, yea ok.. 1-3% of the population all have the exact same stuff, buy from the exact same craftsmen and totally dominate the rest of the populace. (of course why can they buy all that? easy.. someone duped all their credits in the first place)

• MaximosMaximos Member UncommonPosts: 80

LOL swg...pvp....laughable. It is hands down the worst pvp implimentation to date. I'd rather go pvp on a AC2 pvp server then SWG. Lets take a look at what SWG pvp has become.

Get a group of rebels -5mins to 2 hours
    Go overt - 5 mins
    Go to theed-5mins
    Get Buffed-15-20min wait for 3 hour buffs
    Stand around for 1.5 hours
    Chase a Imp Jedi into lake and watch him log off 1-min
    Imp jedi logs other character and gets large group of imp jedi who come and kill your group. You get no kills cause when one is gonna die, they run to the lake and log off.

you can reverse this for imp side, insert cornet for city.

Hands down best pvp game in existance, despite my deep seated hatrid of it, is Shadowbane. the game is a PvP based game, not an afterthought. And its most balanced.

• CopelandCopeland Member Posts: 1,955
    I played the free trial for 2 days and quit.   Horrible game

• QinetiqQinetiq Member Posts: 5

Quit twice now, just cancelled yet again because JTLS is absolutely pants! Forced PvP, forced grouping and a mission based path to master that is PURELY designed to waste as much of your time (and those in your group) as possible. It is frustrating, poorly implemented and has actually managed to make the ground game EVEN WORSE (constant crashed since JTL code went in for most players).

Hey, I think this may be my first post as well ::::12::

• JodokaiJodokai Member Posts: 1,621

Originally posted by Matt_UK

M.

I still play SWG and feel I have a lot of sense. You talk about flogging the dead horse, what do you think you SWG bashers are saying something new? That the people that like it haven't heard everything you're saying before? You know why we (we being "Fanboi's") are able to flog is because you bashers have killed the horse to begin with. If you'd quit saying it sucks, you wouldn't have to hear why we don't think it does.

• FaelanFaelan Member UncommonPosts: 819

I decided to quit about a month after release because of all the bugs. Came back shortly before player cities went live to see if they had fixed most of the bugs. Ran into a really nice PA (RBEU) who was lucky enough to get a player city up and running on Naboo. Things went well for a while, but eventually what was once one of the largest rebel PA's on Eclipse began to crumble. People grew tired of the game and became more and more frustrated over the way the developers were handling things and the abysmal customer support.

By the time JTL entered beta, the PA was just about dead and a couple of weeks later the council officially closed it down in SWG. The majority of the PA had decided to move on to EQ2 instead where they have recent formed a new guild. I decided not to follow them however. I was already in the EQ2 beta at that point and from what I had seen there, I knew it wasn't my cup of tea. Although I'll miss them a lot, I can't justify playing a game that I don't think is fun to play. I joined another PA who had close ties with my former PA and who had been part of the city from when it was founded. In addition to that, I took over the role of mayor of the city since he wanted to shift to EQ2 as well.

I have no intention of quitting the game again, but I must admit that I feel a bit burned out on it at the moment. JTL hasn't really helped there. It's decent, but you can only blast the same ships with the same uninspiring AI for so long until it becomes a boring grind. I'm used to playing IL2 sturmovik in fully realistic mode with all the bells and whistles. That makes JTL feel rather simplistic to me, which doesn't make it any better.

Having downloaded and tried the WOW open beta, I must say that I'm quite surprised at how good it is. I thought it was going to be more of the same old. It technically is, but Blizzard somehow managed to make it fun and adventurous. It's the closest I've ever gotten to that enchanting experience I had when I made my very first MMORPG character in EQ many years ago. It has the same sense of wonder and amazement, something that I've never felt with any of the many other MMORPGs I've tried since then.

Because of that, I plan on picking up WOW and switch between the games depending on my mood. It seems like a match made in heaven. They're both casual friendly enough to allow me to achieve something without dedicating all my time to one game only, and they're so different in world and style that playing one won't make me feel tired of the other.

And that's all I have to say about that ::::02::

I'm a big ol' fluffy carewolf. Be afraid. Be very afraid.