Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bored, played alot of MMOs and can't find anything new.

decoy26517decoy26517 Member Posts: 313

As my signature states I've played quite a few MMOs. Currently I'm awfully bored of just about everything I've seen so far and there doesn't seem to be anything coming up that looks promising. I honestly don't care about sandbox or themepark MMOs, I don't care if it has raiding or instances or huge worlds.

Any opinions?

"World of Warcraft is the perfect implementation of this genre." - Hilmar Petursson. CEO of CCP.

Comments

• NaryathNaryath Member UncommonPosts: 26

Have you tried Fallen Earth yet?:) It's not in ur sig anyway. Have the same problem right now. I'm back to playing DotA.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by decoy26517

As my signature states I've played quite a few MMOs. Currently I'm awfully bored of just about everything I've seen so far and there doesn't seem to be anything coming up that looks promising. I honestly don't care about sandbox or themepark MMOs, I don't care if it has raiding or instances or huge worlds.
    Any opinions?

Time to take a break from gaming I think. Try playing a pen and paper RPG with your friends or get some other hobby instead for a while.

Everything gets boring if you do it too much. Everything. A year off or so usually gets the spark to come back again.

Come back when GW2 comes out, it will be awesome. :)

• decoy26517decoy26517 Member Posts: 313

Originally posted by Naryath
     Have you tried Fallen Earth yet?:) It's not in ur sig anyway. Have the same problem right now. I'm back to playing DotA.

I tried it with the open beta and I wasn't that impressed... maybe once they work out some more of the bugs I'll try it again or when they add a free trial. But at this time I don't think I want to dump ~$50 on it just yet.

Loke666
    Time to take a break from gaming I think. Try playing a pen and paper RPG with your friends or get some other hobby instead for a while.

Everything gets boring if you do it too much. Everything. A year off or so usually gets the spark to come back again.

Come back when GW2 comes out, it will be awesome. :)

I've thought about that. That's why I made this post :D I want to see if there was anything I might of missed before I take a nice long break and wait for STO, GW2, JGE and a few others.

currently DLing Darkfall.. heard some people liked that so I'll soon see if it sparks my interest :P

"World of Warcraft is the perfect implementation of this genre." - Hilmar Petursson. CEO of CCP.

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

Eh, FFXIV seems like it's at least trying to do something differently. That's enough for me to be interested about it, since that kind of thinking is really unique in this genre..

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

your best bet is FFXIV

yes while we dont know when exactly in 2010 it will be release, but i think other than FFXIV, i cant think of anything new

but yeah, all you can do now is take a rest from MMO and wait for FFXIV

So What Now?

• decoy26517decoy26517 Member Posts: 313

Sorry guys but i hated FFXI. From the videos that I've seen I doubt FFXIV will do enough of anything different.

• AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059

There likely aren't going to be any MMOs currently released that will hold your interest for too long.  There are a few upcoming MMOs (~next year+) worth looking into though:

1.  Final Fantasy XIV - Seems like they are doing a number of things differently, so even though you hated FFXI it still might be worth keeping an eye.

2.  Blade and Soul, TERA, Continent of the Ninth - New Korean MMOs coming out that look promising.  Nearly all of them promise some different style combat than the standard autoattack hotkey pressing in current MMOs (though how radically different - who knows).

3.  The Secret World - MMO from Funcom with ARG/Puzzle Solving elements.

4.  Star Wars: KOTOR - Promises to include more story elements in it's MMO.  Fully voice acted with branching dialogue that varies the gameplay.

5.  All Points Bulletin - MMOFPS with a  gangster/police style theme.  Has a very nice character creator.

Over a year is a pretty long time to wait though and there is no gaurentee ANY of these will be good, but I'm hoping at least one is going to have gameplay more interesting than WoW.  I don't believe there is a set release date for any of these.

Edit:  Actually if you are looking for a diversion I'd recommend Atlantica Online.  It's got a neat little combat system that hasn't been done in any other MMOs and it's the best quality F2P out there right now.  It's free and should last you at least a month before you get bored of it.