Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can anyone recommend a keylogger detector and remover?

VhayneVhayne Member UncommonPosts: 632

Preferably a free one.  I'm nervous about trying to do a search for one, as it would be perfectly suitable and ironic that some of those sites listed would infact have keyloggers themselves.

My WoW account got hacked today, and as recommended by Blizzard I'm running virus and adware scans with AVG and AdAware.   But I'm not so sure they'll be able to find and remove whatever keylogger I have aquired.  Perhaps they will, but I'd like to be prepared.

The prick that did it, sold all of my gear, cleaned out my bank, and guildbank.  Thankfully, all of that stuff is hopefully going to be restored by Blizzard.  We'll see I guess.

Comments

• InzraInzra Member Posts: 679

not exactly a keylogger detector, but I've been told winpatrol is a good detector for programs being installed

winpatrol.com/

But what I'd really recommend is, use two computers, one for inserting passwords you prefer not to lose, the other for surfing the net. And don't share data between them. Cause if you already use a good firewall, antivirus, and a good password, you must have clicked something on a website, or downloaded something somewhere to get a keylogger.

• VhayneVhayne Member UncommonPosts: 632

Thank you.

• mmoswappermmoswapper Member Posts: 2

try avira free-av. it detects lots of things, including trojans / keyloggers...

• moonlight21moonlight21 Member Posts: 67

using avast atm and also recommend this one. Never failed me before. :)

if all things do not work... the best option is Format xD