Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Keep hearing about this game.

kilunkilun Member UncommonPosts: 829

Well, I keep hearing about this game.   I hear its quite crafter heavy.

From my standpoint what makes it unique.  I was a crafter in SWG(armorsmith/ships) and loved the experimentation process and that resource quality mattered.  I also enjoyed harvesters, as I did not have to focus on going out and getting resources 24/7(Like fallen earth seems to be...)

So what is an old SWG crafter going to enjoy in this game?  We got harvesters(or something along those lines for automated resource gathering) resource quality matter?

The game is old, will I be sol basically if I try to compete in the crafting market place because of older resources people have been saving, or do I have a leg to stand on?

Comments

• PiquedramPiquedram Member Posts: 127

In your own level category you will most certainly be competing with the older crafters, but of course it takes time to get to their level of expertise and their amount of raw materials. That being said, only the best of the best materials are fairly rare.

you'll most enjoy the crafting system. Gathering materials for grinding takes a long long time, but gathering what you need doesn't necessarily, as at the later levels you need to craft many pieces of the same thing to level up. Gathering the best of the best materials requires player knowledge of the game world, where/when the materials will spawn (materials can be regional, seasonal, weather-dependant, sometimes even time-dependant etc...)

now i got to go, will see if i think of more to add later tonight ;)

• MaDSaMMaDSaM Member Posts: 627

I know that quite a few SWG Vets enjoy it thoroughly, especially the crafting-system :-)

So, come over and try it for yourself :D

CU

SaM

Ryzom, we dare to be different.
    Do you dare to adapt?
  • Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

I was wondering if your not that into crafting would this game be a bad choice or is crafting totally optional? I dont hate crafting but i do it when im free and not be forced to do it. In most games its quite poorly done anyways, loved vanguards though.

• PiquedramPiquedram Member Posts: 127
    Originally posted by Gabby-air

I was wondering if your not that into crafting would this game be a bad choice or is crafting totally optional? I dont hate crafting but i do it when im free and not be forced to do it. In most games its quite poorly done anyways, loved vanguards though.

completely optional, as it's an older game, every type of craft has been mastered by somebody, so u can purchase items from other people. Most of the time though, your guild will fix you up.

One downside to not crafting is that you won't have tons of cash, which translates to not teleporting around like crazy cuz that'll burn through your money supply fast ;-)

• metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658

You could do what you want In ryzom. Crafting/gathering isnt mandatory. I actually enjoy just exploring and solo hunting. Its challenging.

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum

• MaDSaMMaDSaM Member Posts: 627
    Originally posted by Piquedram

Originally posted by Gabby-air

completely optional, as it's an older game, every type of craft has been mastered by somebody, so u can purchase items from other people. Most of the time though, your guild will fix you up.

One downside to not crafting is that you won't have tons of cash, which translates to not teleporting around like crazy cuz that'll burn through your money supply fast ;-)

Well, I´m keeping myself above water pretty good by just selling my loot and some of the spoils of my feeble digging attempts. But then I don´t TP as often as some folks.

CU

SaM

Ryzom, we dare to be different.
    Do you dare to adapt?