Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So release should be coming up soon now....

2»

Comments

• chesiremorphchesiremorph Member Posts: 128

Been playin since EQ beta ..... love PVP ..... just not into GANK games ..... most people arent ..... it's gonna be a niche game ... nuff said.... not saying that it will be bad ... i do think it will be better than Darkfall ..... but it is plugging it's self right into the same niche...... It will be a       SANDBOX GANKFEST     hopefully with great graphics for your sake ....

BoB

• SignusMSignusM Member Posts: 2,225
    Originally posted by chesiremorph

Been playin since EQ beta ..... love PVP ..... just not into GANK games ..... most people arent ..... it's gonna be a niche game ... nuff said.... not saying that it will be bad ... i do think it will be better than Darkfall ..... but it is plugging it's self right into the same niche...... It will be a       SANDBOX GANKFEST     hopefully with great graphics for your sake ....

In MMOs with no levels, its not really ganking, because you can actually fight back. And when PvP can happen anywhere, it happens less often. 

• SignusMSignusM Member Posts: 2,225
    Originally posted by Mokwee

In the games current state, expect a release in q4 '10

That's being generous. 

GRAB + YANK = GANK ........ what does fighting back or levels have to to with getting ganked.... just because it happens less than expected ... acording to you that is ..... doesnt mean that it doesnt happen ..... COUGH > GANKFEST...

If you can get dropped by a group of gankers and have your gear (grab + yank) Ganked... then it's a GANKFEST ... love u man ... Peace and bunnies and all that jazz .........

BoB

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

I was watching Mortal closely until it was delayed.  I decided to jump into Fallen Earth for now, and see how MO fairs in early 2010.  Leaks from beta make it sound like it's no where near ready for public consumption, and with 'late Q4' quickly approaching, it may very well get pushed again as other have mentioned.

I love the proposed features for this sandbox game.  I hope it works out, but at this point, I am tired of waiting to play something. Having a blast in FE.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

.......  ?

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

Originally posted by MindTrigger

.......  ?

umm ....... M..O.. R...T ...A...L ....... O..N...L...I..N..E...... is this thing on ??......i was talking about Mortal Online.... this is a Mortal Online thread.... The length of time I have spent playing PVP/MMO games was in question...... makes total sense to me ......

BoB

.......  ?

umm ....... M..O.. R...T ...A...L ....... O..N...L...I..N..E...... is this thing on ??......i was talking about Mortal Online.... this is a Mortal Online thread.... The length of time I have spent playing PVP/MMO games was in question...... makes total sense to me ......

And I like Periods....................... Learn to love em .....

BoB

.......  ?

And I like Periods....................... Learn to love em .....

Learn to love school.  Your post was so hard to read, it made my eyes bleed. 

• DaakkonDaakkon Member UncommonPosts: 607

so I don't think we get the point that you hate gankfest games...and just an fyi the devs have said this is a niche game and not for everyone...so why are you still complaining?

maybe write a blog about how much you hate games like this so the rest of us don't have to read your crap...it's getting tiring...

• phrankphrank Member Posts: 238
    Originally posted by SignusM

In MMOs with no levels, its not really ganking, because you can actually fight back. And when PvP can happen anywhere, it happens less often. 

What the hell are you smoking? Ever play on a PvP server? I would have to say no from that remark.

I have never, ever, ever gotten ganked on any PVE server in any MMORPG, but sure as hell have numerous times on every PvP server in every MMORPG as has everyone else, so your comment is totally inane and ridiculous.

• kobietrumankobietruman Member Posts: 105

really

does anyone actually pay attention?

from recent irc chat with dev (that apparently should not have been reposted) the game is going to be released in Q4 - "there is no reason to delay"

and from previous dev posts "we are on schedule" - "we are on target" for Q4

that sums things up pretty well i would say

by the way that irc chat has been poofed at the request of one of the developers - are there reasons other than their irc rules - who knows?

as for their on schedule statements they are pretty easy to find in the regular forums

• XnxaxXnxax Member Posts: 73

I was watching Mortal closely until it was delayed.  I decided to jump into Fallen Earth for now, and see how MO fairs in early 2010.  Leaks from beta make it sound like it's no where near ready for public consumption, and with 'late Q4' quickly approaching, it may very well get pushed again as other have mentioned.
    I love the proposed features for this sandbox game.  I hope it works out, but at this point, I am tired of waiting to play something. Having a blast in FE.

I am looking at that game very closely. Im oh so tempted to buy it.

Tried: EvE, DnD Online, LotRO, WAR, AoC,
    Played: UO, SWG(pre-cu), GuildWars, FFXI, WoW
    Liked: UO, SWG, GuildWars
    Disliked: WoW, FFXI

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    Originally posted by Yamota

Originally posted by lethys

The game isn't ready to be released soon.  They would have announced it long ago if they had a release date officially planned.  Q3 was what they were aiming for but I doubt it will be this year even.

It would seem that their own FAQ got it wrong as well because it says there:

"Q: When will it be released?

A: During summer 2009"

But judging from their complete silence as of yet I would say this game probably wont be released even in 2009. Q1 2010 is my guess.

No no, you  have to be on the secret iRC channel or something to find out the "real" date.

You're an optimist, I see the glass half empty.  2011 if ever.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Terminus-EstTerminus-Est Member UncommonPosts: 352

I think this game will release in Q4 2009, but I think the release itself will be a very empty featureless bug-ridden game with more features 'coming soon'.

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by Xnxax

If i am not incorrect, Q3 stands for the third quarter of the fiscal year and the third quarter ends september 30, which is 7 days away. So finally, if im correct, IT WILL RELEASE.
    Ya i had to look up what Q3 was on wiki.

chances are the game won't launch until late dec, right arond the holiday rush.

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• Anvil_TheoryAnvil_Theory Member Posts: 106
    Originally posted by xpiher

If i am not incorrect, Q3 stands for the third quarter of the fiscal year and the third quarter ends september 30, which is 7 days away. So finally, if im correct, IT WILL RELEASE.

This^^

StarVault moves quickly..   their beta is well planned out.

• kamenwatikamenwati Member Posts: 168

As long as they're still giving out quarterly or seasonal release dates, they're not really committing to the release. I'll believe it's coming out when there is an exact date and the game begins to ship.

• phrankphrank Member Posts: 238
    Originally posted by Anvil_Theory

This is why you don't use Wikki for a reference LOL.

The Q3 you list is the Q3 for a calendar year, a fiscal year starts on whatever date a business determines that it starts on. So for example if SV started their fiscal year on say Oct 1, then Q3 would be next April - June.

The Corporation I work for runs their fiscal year from July 1 to June 30.

• gatherisgatheris Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    Originally posted by Anvil_Theory

This^^

StarVault moves quickly..   their beta is well planned out.

heheh, very funny

did you do that on purpose?

• ZzuluZzulu Member Posts: 452

If Starvault launches in Q4 of 2009, the game will suffer. They need to delay it to 2010, for a late summer release.

That's all I have to say.