Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Paladins are overpowered atm

NeasNeas Member Posts: 887

Waaty overpowered. 60% of alliance on my server ive met have been paladins.

Beta Tested: Lineage 2, Ryzom, City of Heroes, RYL, World Of Warcraft European
Truly Loved: World of Warcraft

Beta Tested: Lineage 2, Ryzom, City of Heroes, RYL, EverQuest 2 World Of Warcraft European

Comments

• gettingluckygettinglucky Member Posts: 94

Currently they may be overpowered but like all MMORPG's as new patches, tweaks, weapons, spells are added the character may become more overpowered or just the opposite they become under powered. MMORPG's are ever evolving and what works to today may not work tomorrow.

• noobletnooblet Member Posts: 2,274

There getting talents too ::::04:: And yet shamans keep getting nerfed :P its just not right.

• SlazerSlazer Member Posts: 251

Shamans keep getting nerfed?

Doesnt look that way from the abilities they get with each patch.  From the looks of it, they always seemed like they were getting boosts.  The past four or five patches they have had the biggest list in the class changes/balancing section, and none of it looked like they were negative changes.  Then againk, Im not in beta and the changes could have screwed them over, just seemed like they were getting boosts and not nerfs.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    When life hands you lemons, you clone those lemons and make super lemons!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    When life hands you lemons, you clone those lemons and make super lemons!

• FE|TachyonFE|Tachyon Member UncommonPosts: 652

[quote]Originally posted by Neas
    [b]Waaty overpowered. 60% of alliance on my server ive met have been paladins.

Well thats FAR from true.

Warrior > Paladin.

Paladins are only overly strong vs Undead, as they should be.

From ever whiner that says Paladins are overpowered theres a dozen that say Shamans are are too powerful. Hundreds say Rogues are too powerful .

• HarafnirHarafnir Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

Probably the classic: "Whatever class I play, its the one with the nerfbat" Like children... They can have a pie. And the kid beside them have a pie. Then they will start crying because the other kids pie probably taste better and is bigger and more fresh.

Its just the same pie, and a kid that whine a lot. Spoiled brats should be ignored, on all occations. These are the guys destroying balance in all games. When it is balanced they start whining en masse that "their" class is wrong, even if its perfectly fine, then they get a boost and everything is unbalanced again...

Wish they would grow up... problem is, normally they are 40 year old fat guys living with their moms. So that wont happen....

Only game I wait for right now: Imperator.
    Go Mythic!

"This is not a game to be tossed aside lightly.
    It should be thrown with great force"

• NeasNeas Member Posts: 887

well ok lets just say that as it stands the pvp its a little broken.

Seen as later on lvl 27+ you go in contested areas :P. And you always get a little paladin hidding in the quest are of people 5 lvls below him. He then proceeds to fight them and lure them into the NPCS which kill all the party.

Repeat as many times as you want. This is wat happens.

Beta Tested: Lineage 2, Ryzom, City of Heroes, RYL, EverQuest 2 World Of Warcraft European

• NeasNeas Member Posts: 887

and having a paladin use an instant cast ability on an undead which takes 1/2 of the undead char hp in one hit is a bit too harsh IMO.

Especially when alot of people play undead because it has the widest range of chars.

• BerzerkBlackBerzerkBlack Member UncommonPosts: 168

Originally posted by Neas
    Especially when alot of people play undead because it has the widest range of chars.

More likely cauz of their racial traits :p

• RichijefeRichijefe Member Posts: 142

overpowered? seriously u have no idea ^_^ palas dont have even talents, they cant tank, they have low dps..... only thing they can do is run away and not die using divine shield, etc ^^

have u even read the official pvp forums? have u read the pala forums? omg pala is the sux0r atm ^_^ they r pretty much mediocre in everythin...

if you want the so called overpowered melee class look at the warriors, who excel in everythin they do, and if not jumped on and surprised in 1 vs 1 pvp will probably own u =)

Richijefe... level 61 Silver Ranger on Bartz... quit 4 months ago ^_^

Richijefe

• AnnekynnAnnekynn Member Posts: 1,437

Anyone who thinks paladins are overpowered has NOT played a paladin.

--------------------

Played: Asheron's Call 1, Dark Age of Camelot, Earth & Beyond, Star Wars Galaxies
    Tested: Asheron's Call 1, Asheron's Call 2, Dark Age of Camelot, Eve Online, Lineage 2, Risk Your Life, Saga of Ryzom, World of Warcraft
    Uninstalled ASAP: MU Online, Knight Online, Rubies of Eventide, Priston Tales, Star Sonata, DarkSpace

• FE|TachyonFE|Tachyon Member UncommonPosts: 652

Exactly.

• prism80prism80 Member Posts: 15
    I'm a Paladin among many other classes and sorry...Paladins are just right.  Maybe Talents will finally power them up a little.

• AireaginesAireagines Member UncommonPosts: 17
    I must agree Paladins are in NO way overpowered. I have never had my Exorcism do more than around 1/10 of the undead my levels health. Paladins are not bad just not very good at the moment. I must say the one things Paladins do excel at is running away.