Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Whole Soon☺ Thing?

NeasNeas Member Posts: 887

Well i was thinking about it really,

In the end its generated huge amounts of hype as all the beta-less people come together and continually rabidly post about it.

Everyone has talked about it and in the end its made more wanting of WoW, as your all getting worked up and excited about it.

I think in the end its been a good think for blizzard :).

Beta Tested: Lineage 2, Ryzom, City of Heroes, RYL, World Of Warcraft European
Truly Loved: World of Warcraft

Beta Tested: Lineage 2, Ryzom, City of Heroes, RYL, EverQuest 2 World Of Warcraft European

Comments

• AnnekynnAnnekynn Member Posts: 1,437

Not in my book. First they allowed FP to scam people into buying accounts just to play the ST, now they are dicking around with 'soon' and 'awhile'. Either I expected too much out of the company or they are slowly but surely getting worse. Could also be Vivendi up to their usual BS...

--------------------

Played: Asheron's Call 1, Dark Age of Camelot, Earth & Beyond, Star Wars Galaxies
    Tested: Asheron's Call 1, Asheron's Call 2, Dark Age of Camelot, Eve Online, Lineage 2, Risk Your Life, Saga of Ryzom, World of Warcraft
    Uninstalled ASAP: MU Online, Knight Online, Rubies of Eventide, Priston Tales, Star Sonata, DarkSpace

• ColdmeatColdmeat Member UncommonPosts: 3,407

Originally posted by Annekynn
    Not in my book. First they allowed FP to scam people into buying accounts just to play the ST, now they are dicking around with 'soon' and 'awhile'. Either I expected too much out of the company or they are slowly but surely getting worse. Could also be Vivendi up to their usual BS...--------------------Played: Asheron's Call 1, Dark Age of Camelot, Earth & Beyond, Star Wars Galaxies
    Tested: Asheron's Call 1, Asheron's Call 2, Dark Age of Camelot, Eve Online, Lineage 2, Risk Your Life, Saga of Ryzom, World of Warcraft
    Uninstalled ASAP: MU Online, Knight Online, Rubies of Eventide, Priston Tales, Star Sonata, DarkSpace

If people are too damn stupid to read the fine print, or even the regular print, then they deserve to get scammed. Alot.

• NeasNeas Member Posts: 887

Originally posted by Coldmeat
    Not in my book. First they allowed FP to scam people into buying accounts just to play the ST, now they are dicking around with 'soon' and 'awhile'. Either I expected too much out of the company or they are slowly but surely getting worse. Could also be Vivendi up to their usual BS...--------------------Played: Asheron's Call 1, Dark Age of Camelot, Earth & Beyond, Star Wars Galaxies

If people are too damn stupid to read the fine print, or even the regular print, then they deserve to get scammed. Alot.

true true, i just waited for the public signups for ST :P.

Beta Tested: Lineage 2, Ryzom, City of Heroes, RYL, World Of Warcraft European

Beta Tested: Lineage 2, Ryzom, City of Heroes, RYL, EverQuest 2 World Of Warcraft European

• jimothypetrojimothypetro Member Posts: 1,437

WoW already had tons of hype...

Saying open beta will be coming soon and then having open beta in a week is good.

Saying open beta is coming soon then having it in >3 weeks and now saying "awhile" is a bad thing.

Before this people had nothing, or just about nothing, bad to say about Blizzard.. now look at these forums.

And I still stand by my statement that Neas is the biggest WoW fanboi on these forums.

----------------------------------

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
    -- Ken Olson, chairman of Digital Equipment Corp, 1977

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

Originally posted by jimothypetro
    WoW already had tons of hype...Saying open beta is coming soon then having it in >3 weeks and now saying "awhile" is a bad thing."There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."

Yea because Blizzard is the first company in the history of computer games to do such a thing.

• jimothypetrojimothypetro Member Posts: 1,437

Originally posted by Cik_Asalin
    WoW already had tons of hype...Saying open beta is coming soon then having it in >3 weeks and now saying "awhile" is a bad thing."There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."

Yea because Blizzard is the first company in the history of computer games to do such a thing.

Didn't say they were..

But it looks like Blizzard always pushing back things is coming back to bite them in the ass..

• RogueSilenceRogueSilence Member Posts: 40

Didn't say they were..

But it looks like Blizzard always pushing back things is coming back to bite them in the ass..

Ya i agree with jim, even though many comapnies keep pushing the realease dates back this time this won't work because of the early EQ2 and also just the fact that blizzard has pissed off thousands of fans.

• LoStCaUz3LoStCaUz3 Member Posts: 1,154

"World of Warcraft Open Beta Sign-Ups Coming Soon!
    We are happy to announce that we will soon be accepting applicants for the World of Warcraft® Open Beta Test for North America. The open phase of beta will give people a chance to enter Azeroth and play World of Warcraft before the game is released. More details will become available in the days ahead, so stay tuned"

1) They said the Sign-Ups would be soon.
    2)"More details will become available in the days ahead...." It says right there, that it will be a few days before they are ready.

• RealmreaverRealmreaver Member Posts: 380

Originally posted by Coldmeat

Not in my book. First they allowed FP to scam people into buying accounts just to play the ST, now they are dicking around with 'soon' and 'awhile'. Either I expected too much out of the company or they are slowly but surely getting worse. Could also be Vivendi up to their usual BS...

--------------------
    Played: Asheron's Call 1, Dark Age of Camelot, Earth & Beyond, Star Wars Galaxies

Worked for SOE with their SWG LOL but if we actually care about Blizzard success or do we just want the game?

I want the company to be a success so I can continue to get a good game without cutting of too many corners... Lost of accounts to SOE Gold digging will hurt them I think but heh prob just me wanting retail. *couldn't give less of a damn about OB.*

"love how they make an announcement saying open beta will be coming soon, then turn around and say it won't be here for a while.. its like poetry, only it sucks.. " -About Blizzard and their concept of 'soon'

Realmreaver formally of EQ, SWG, FFXI and WoW.

Malis/Pirotess of PSO.

Some named of Diablo 1 and 2 =)

Grendel Kinguard of GW.

Originally posted by Cik_Asalin

WoW already had tons of hype...

Saying open beta is coming soon then having it in >3 weeks and now saying "awhile" is a bad thing.

No because they hadn't REALLY done this sort of thing before. Least they spoke about things being heldback from what I heard NEVER just left people in the dark to think WTF?

"love how they make an announcement saying open beta will be coming soon, then turn around and say it won't be here for a while.. its like poetry, only it sucks.. " -About Blizzard and their concept of 'soon'

Malis/Pirotess of PSO.

Grendel Kinguard of GW.

Originally posted by LoStCaUz3

"World of Warcraft Open Beta Sign-Ups Coming Soon!
    We are happy to announce that we will soon be accepting applicants for the World of Warcraft® Open Beta Test for North America. The open phase of beta will give people a chance to enter Azeroth and play World of Warcraft before the game is released. More details will become available in the days ahead, so stay tuned"
    1) They said the Sign-Ups would be soon.
    1.5) Soon being the same as when you think a woman will get back in shape after having a child 'soon' which leaves everything up in the air since it could very well be never...LOL

2)"More details will become available in the days ahead...." It says right there, that it will be a few days before they are ready.
    3) days actually means weeks in Blizzard's glossary of terms =P

I think I adjusted it properly. image

Malis/Pirotess of PSO.

Grendel Kinguard of GW.