Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

digital pre-order items

gracefieldgracefield Member UncommonPosts: 279

Apologies if this is already posted, but it was news to me. I see the digital pre-order items will now not be available during headstart. I've had one issue after another with this launch - it's been a pretty poor experience...

Comments

• AnimusChaserAnimusChaser Member Posts: 91

I have been around a long time and see many MMO's launch.

Aion's launch has been pretty flawless all the way through. There have been many many launches worse than Aion, from what I can tell Aion's launch is up there with Lotro's smooth launch.

Oh Noes Its The Forum Police

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

Yeah, this a very smooth launch.

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• gracefieldgracefield Member UncommonPosts: 279

Well, it's entirely subjective, isn't it? I said that I'd had more issues than enough with the launch - I've no idea how you got on.

And it does seem to me that lots of people have had plenty of problems. To be fair, I suppose, that's just MMOs for you. If we'd any sense, we'd stay away for a couple of weeks and let them iron everything out before joining, but where's the fun in that?

• twiggy550twiggy550 Member UncommonPosts: 492

This has definitely been one of my better beta experiences. Smooth for the most part and even with a ping like 300-400 it was almost non-existent on my end surprisingly. Less than 9 hours!

"IRL is a pretty upstanding MMO with thousands of classes, a lot of PvP and even some pretty unique emotes and titles you can acquire. Explore that world first, then we'll talk about this virtual one."

• RegnevanzRegnevanz Member Posts: 146
    Originally posted by AnimusChaser

Aion's launch has been pretty flawless all the way through. There have been many many launches worse than Aion, from what I can tell Aion's launch is up there with Lotro's smooth launch.

QFT

- anyone having technical issues with this game needs a new computer or computer 101 course

- anyone having marketing issues such as OP need to stop being a wow fanboy

• smellysockssmellysocks Member Posts: 230
    Originally posted by gracefield

Apologies if this is already posted, but it was news to me. I see the digital pre-order items will now not be available during headstart. I've had one issue after another with this launch - it's been a pretty poor experience...

Think about it, just because you dont get your items on the headstart, does it really mater ?, it's not like the items are decent anyway.

Originally posted by smellysocks

Think about it, just because you dont get your items on the headstart, does it really mater ?, it's not like the items are decent anyway.

o.0 Did you bother looking at them? I think they're pretty damn helpful. Though I'll agree that they don't make or break a game (or the beta for that matter) but they're far from indecent.

"IRL is a pretty upstanding MMO with thousands of classes, a lot of PvP and even some pretty unique emotes and titles you can acquire. Explore that world first, then we'll talk about this virtual one."

Originally posted by Regnevanz

QFT

- anyone having technical issues with this game needs a new computer or computer 101 course

.Really?

You really think that..?

• smellysockssmellysocks Member Posts: 230
    Originally posted by twiggy550

o.0 Did you bother looking at them? I think they're pretty damn helpful. Though I'll agree that they don't make or break a game (or the beta for that matter) but they're far from indecent.

That's just it, they are helpful until a certain degree that you wont need them anymore,  and your only going to keep them for a few levels until you get something that's much greater, so yeah pretty much ''indecent''

Depends how much your going to play, headstarts in a few hours, image your already level 20 by the time Aion Launches and you recieve your Items, you would hardly use them if you already have beter equipment, Except the wings.

That's another good point - hadn't thought of that...

Originally posted by Regnevanz

QFT

.Really?

You really think that..?

A lot of the people here are asshats, trolls, and misinformed retards. They pretty much expand upon any internet crevice.

To each their own though, that sucks you didn't enjoy the beta thoroughly though.

Originally posted by twiggy550

That's just it, they are helpful until a certain degree that you wont need them anymore,  and your only going to keep them for a few levels until you get something that's much greater, so yeah pretty much ''indecent''

Depends how much your going to play, headstarts in a few hours, image your already level 20 by the time Aion Launches and you recieve your Items, you would hardly use them if you already have beter equipment, Except the wings.

Yes, but aside from that, you get them for all of your characters. At least altaholics have something to be gained from this package. And even levels 1-20 is somewhat lengthy. I'll take some itemized help over no help any day of the week.

And yes, those free lvl 30 wings are pretty spiffy.

• EduardoASGEduardoASG Member Posts: 832

technically speaking.. its has been an almost flawless experience..

Aion uses an engine most rigs wont have issues running it with updated drivers either.

Aion, AoC, AC, AO, DDO, Eve, Eq2, GW, MW3, L1&2, RF, RIFT, SWG, SWTOR, TR, UO, WOW, WAR