Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 class system speculation

TetsunamiTetsunami Member Posts: 20

Ok, we know that ArenaNet has decided to focus on quality of skills versus quantity in GW2 and in my opinion the sheer number of skills in GW1 though many where the same with different names (ie.Galrath Slash,Silverwing Slash) this allowed for such a diverse class system with two classes combined the things you could come up with where endless and amazing. Though I do realize that in every aspect of the game most people preferred the cookie cutter wiki builds even to the point that you would be kicked from a PUG without one. Now for some speculation and pure speculation at that, with a focus on fewer skills with higher quality it makes me think of a "skill tree" as you find in many MMO's and with there being a stated higher level cap or none at all it would seem to support this speculation. However I would love to see the essence of the GW1 skill system retained and refined as the customization of classes was my favorite part of the game. With all of that being said what is your speculation on the new class system or how would you change or adapt the current one for GW2, just wondering what fellow players are thinking on this subject.

Comments

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

I think it will be pretty similar to what is in Guild Wars. It is one of the more unique class systems around (only other game I can think of that has something even similar is Titan Quest) and I imagine Anet will want to keep the similar feel and flavor of Guild Wars into their sequel.

• JacobinJacobin Member RarePosts: 1,009

Increasing the level cap seems like an effort to reel in more of the pve crowd, which is fine since they are keeping pvp characters. As long as they keep their balance systems similar, then who really cares if the cap is 50 instead of 20. Most people would probably rather be a higher number anyways because it looks cooler or something.

I don't see Anet adding a skill tree system, when their GW1 system was such a hit.

• SajiSaji Member UncommonPosts: 55

I love the skill system for GW, and I'm hopeful that for GW2 they cut back on the number of skills because they(Anet) are still not able to keep up with buffs and nerfs for all of them, which frustrates me because there are some skills I want to use, but can't because they're so useless when compared to other skills that do the same thing better for half the cost.

Just cut out half the current skill numbers and repeat skills for GW 2, and I'd think you'd have just enough to keep everyone happy, but still have enough to allow for diversity in builds both PvE and PvP.

Actually just cut out factions, that's where all the repeat skills came from anyway...