Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

L8rs to Eq2

KalmarthKalmarth Member Posts: 443

This will be the 3rd time I've quit Eq2, its a fun game don't get me wrong but after getting your 4th char to 80 and gearing them out in T3 Shard armor, yes thats alot of shard grinding, I don't know its just not the way the game used to be, alot has changed for the better, raids are do able now with a good raid team and Shard Gear of T2, groups are not crazyly hard to get if you look or build them yourself, but something has gone, some fire, so till next to all of Norrath.

Philae / Vissair

Antonia Bayle

Comments

• ethionethion Member UncommonPosts: 2,888
    Originally posted by Kalmarth

This will be the 3rd time I've quit Eq2, its a fun game don't get me wrong but after getting your 4th char to 80 and gearing them out in T3 Shard armor, yes thats alot of shard grinding, I don't know its just not the way the game used to be, alot has changed for the better, raids are do able now with a good raid team and Shard Gear of T2, groups are not crazyly hard to get if you look or build them yourself, but something has gone, some fire, so till next to all of Norrath.
    Philae / Vissair
    Antonia Bayle

OMG you are gonna miss out on the nights of the dead and the new shard of love and we can get wings now :P  You should quit in a couple weeks after the new stuff....

haha

---
    Ethion

• majochmajoch Member Posts: 599

They added or will be adding the achievement book to live soon as well as well as the ability to self mentor any lvl incremented by 5.  The achievement book is interesting and can be a challenge to see how much of it you can fill out. 

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

All of that stuff is going to be added today. And more. These are changes and additions that look like they're going to be very good.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

mm this game is getting too much attention did you see the amount of player 

and i thot i was gona be one of the few ,ya right hell by soon lot of server will be full at thepace server are filling up

did everybody buy new computer and run sandisk software gees.

go play aion .ok maybe not lol

• grandpagamergrandpagamer Member Posts: 2,221

Ive seriously been thinking on coming back but if i do would want to reroll. Is AB still well populated? Any other good server you guys could recommend would be appreciated.

Originally posted by grandpagamer

Ive seriously been thinking on coming back but if i do would want to reroll. Is AB still well populated? Any other good server you guys could recommend would be appreciated.

was full last night all server were at medium(waiting for gu that only came out today

Thank you.

• gboostergbooster Member UncommonPosts: 712

Hey Phil,

You were always a diehard, much more so than I.  I think the Kunark expansion ruined it all for me somehow.  I used to have so much fun doing the raiding and group content with our old guild.  But when a game just isn't fun anymore, well, it is time to move on.

/salute

your old friend,

Oppon the Necromancer Extraordinaire

PS If you guys try out Lord of the Rings, that is what I have been playing on the Brandywine server.  Send me a message on here and we can team up or something. =D

• Robdc84Robdc84 Member Posts: 156

how is eq2 now days?

give me the details i havent played in a while

IN THE FACE!

• Sanctus17Sanctus17 Member Posts: 14

I love EQ2, but the achievement book is the most pathetic idea the developers have come up with yet.  Hmm, let me see...most eq2 players don't even take time to read the nonsensical lore, but they are going to write their own book which will then be read by whom?   Hahahahahahahahahahaha...............

Originally posted by Sanctus17

I love EQ2, but the achievement book is the most pathetic idea the developers have come up with yet.  Hmm, let me see...most eq2 players don't even take time to read the nonsensical lore, but they are going to write their own book which will then be read by whom?   Hahahahahahahahahahaha...............

Hmm someone is seriously confused....

Last update they added player books.  So a crafter can create a book that you can add your own text to and then sell.  Some people have put these on the broker selling all sorts of guides and stuff.  In my guild the guild leader setup one for each player to create a guild player hall with member journals.  Kinda neat but only a few people are updating them but still it is a neat idea.

The achievement thing isn't a book it is part of your quest journal and expands on something in the game that tracked kills for mobs giving you titles.  Now it is more general and tracks quest completion, kills, exploration stuff, as well as fun things like doing a random and getting a 0 giving you an achievement, biggest looser. 

It is just a cute thing but it helps people track things they haven't done and gives some bragging rights.  Frankly most games have a similar system  now so it is really a catchup feature. 

Anyway the achievement journal is something new from this last update.  One nice thing is completing some achievements gives some cool rewards also.

These shots are from my guild hall.  You can see the books in front of each character.  Kinda a cute thing.

---
    Ethion

• Sanctus17Sanctus17 Member Posts: 14

You are right!  I was misinformed and now stand..er sit corrected.   I was referring to the books that people write in and sell.    The achievement book as you described it actually sounds cool.  I still think the other book is not a great idea , but hey, what do I know anyway?  Thanks.

• bahamut1bahamut1 Member Posts: 614

It's probably a good time to go...

The SoE, SWG NGE naysayers can now say, "I told you so...". I defended this game. Put thousands of hours into it over the last 5 years, and now SoE has proved them right. LoN packs now offer private exclusive dungeons for LoN players. You now have to pay to play in a dungeon... on top of the 14.99.

Way to let me down SoE... You've gone too far this time. It had so many things going good for it too, but they (SoE) always find a way... :(

"Granted thinking for yourself could be considered a timesink of shorter or longer duration depending on how smart..or how dumb you are."

• fozzie22fozzie22 Member Posts: 1,003
    Originally posted by bahamut1

The SoE, SWG NGE naysayers can now say, "I told you so...". I defended this game. Put thousands of hours into it over the last 5 years, and now SoE has proved them right. LoN packs now offer private exclusive dungeons for LoN players. You now have to pay to play in a dungeon... on top of the 14.99.
    Way to let me down SoE... You've gone too far this time. It had so many things going good for it too, but they (SoE) always find a way... :(

I was one of those saying this would happen..give it another year and armour etc will be on sale through SC..does it make me happy i was proved right??

No it depresses the hell out of me

SOE should hang thier heads in shame over this or else just make it free 2 play for all but of ourse they wont they want thier cake and eat it as well,what saddens me mope than anything is the fact EQ2 is nothing more than a test bed for thier other games like dc online,fr etc,shambolic state of affairs.

dont know about full f2p but a system like dundgeon and dragon online would certainly be popular 

• VallanorVallanor Member Posts: 103

I didn't realize they had done that with exclusive dungeon content.  Definitely not ok.  I do appreciate them finally allowing you to get achievement experience without questing now, and it makes me want to revisit Norrath, but I'll think twice after your post.  Hmm...

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

There is no joy in saying I told you so, because we have all been there and it really sucks once the betrayal finally hits you.  Sadly this is just just how this company operates and I'm sorry it finally bit you in the ass like it has done to so many of us.

Honestly I would have been thrilled to be proven wrong and see soe change from their current course of doing things TO the players to a mindset of doing thing FOR the players.  Soe could do so much for the genre, but for some reason they just wont.

On the other hand there are still going to be players who find a way to defend soe for this.  Many of which will be people who said they were fine with the loot lottery as long as it was only fluff items. 

• bahamut1bahamut1 Member Posts: 614
    Originally posted by Vallanor

I didn't realize they had done that with exclusive dungeon content.  Definitely not ok.  I do appreciate them finally allowing you to get achievement experience without questing now, and it makes me want to revisit Norrath, but I'll think twice after your post.  Hmm...

Don't get me wrong. EQ2 is a great game. One of the best PvE experiences I've had. Lots to do, lots to see, and still one of the best looking and playing MMO's to date. With all of their blunders aside, I really love this game. I have several characters level 80 and all of them are 50+. The ideas and experiences are incredible.

BUT, it doesn't take a presidential economics advisor to see where this is going, and it's just not kosher. It's absolutely rediculous to take a P2P game and turn it into an item mall game while still charging the monthly. "It's ok, it's only fluff, it doesn't significantly impact gameplay." Well, so much for those empty words.

"Granted thinking for yourself could be considered a timesink of shorter or longer duration depending on how smart..or how dumb you are."

Originally posted by Vallanor

Don't get me wrong. EQ2 is a great game. One of the best PvE experiences I've had. Lots to do, lots to see, and still one of the best looking and playing MMO's to date. With all of their blunders aside, I really love this game. I have several characters level 80 and all of them are 50+. The ideas and experiences are incredible.

BUT, it doesn't take a presidential economics advisor to see where this is going, and it's just not kosher. It's absolutely rediculous to take a P2P game and turn it into an item mall game while still charging the monthly. "It's ok, it's only fluff, it doesn't significantly impact gameplay." Well, so much for those empty words.

Yeah, its not looking good for the future. Im very curious to what the rumored EQ3 will be like. P2P or F2P. Its looking like it could very well be F2P if the game is even truly in production. The item shop and this P2P dungeon is a blow to the game but even so, there is nothing else that can keep me interested as EQ2 can.

• fozzie22fozzie22 Member Posts: 1,003

I would assume EQ3 will be F2P and hey thats ok by me from the get go,but this nasty creeping way of RMT has left a very sour taste in my mouth,i went back after a good long break but the games on its arse player wise theres hardly anyone about (aside of course from AB) and this action will further drive more people away from the game.

As i said i would have loved to have been prooved wrong over this issue but it was inevitable really as soon as LON launch then the cash shop at least they do seem to have learned some lessons from the NGE debacle and not try and shoehorn it in right away.

I think all SoE games are gonna be some form of hybrid F2P model.  I just hope it isn't too over the top.  I won't play a MMO where progression and gear are all something you can just go and buy and normal players are stuck grinding for something that is hopeless and can never compete.

---
    Ethion

Originally posted by ethion

I think all SoE games are gonna be some form of hybrid F2P model.  I just hope it isn't too over the top.  I won't play a MMO where progression and gear are all something you can just go and buy and normal players are stuck grinding for something that is hopeless and can never compete.

Well with DDO going free to play and SOE seemingly testing the waters I think it may be a coming trend. CO and perhaps STO and SWTOR as well. Its not something that appeals to me and while it remains to be seen, it may well be the end of MMO's for me. Ive very little experience with F2P but have heard some stories of people spending much more than the $15 a month subscription of P2P games.