Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Witcher 2

ArndurArndur Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,202

http://kotaku.com/5362182/the-witcher-2-debut-trailer?autoplay=true

Still need to play the first game. This looks pretty awesome.

Hold on Snow Leopard, imma let you finish, but Windows had one of the best operating systems of all time.

If the Powerball lottery was like Lotro, nobody would win for 2 years, and then everyone in Nebraska would win on the same day.
And then Nebraska would get nerfed.-pinkwood lotro fourms

AMD 4800 2.4ghz-3GB RAM 533mhz-EVGA 9500GT 512mb-320gb HD

Comments

• greed0104greed0104 Member Posts: 2,134

Geralt sounds horrible now :(

I'll still play it, though. looks good.

• ArndurArndur Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,202

I hope its just place holder voices.

Hold on Snow Leopard, imma let you finish, but Windows had one of the best operating systems of all time.

If the Powerball lottery was like Lotro, nobody would win for 2 years, and then everyone in Nebraska would win on the same day.
    And then Nebraska would get nerfed.-pinkwood lotro fourms

AMD 4800 2.4ghz-3GB RAM 533mhz-EVGA 9500GT 512mb-320gb HD

• describabledescribable Member UncommonPosts: 407
    Originally posted by Arndur

http://kotaku.com/5362182/the-witcher-2-debut-trailer?autoplay=true
    Still need to play the first game. This looks pretty awesome.

First game was awesome as well, loved how they gave the "enhanced" edition to everyone :) awesome. ( i mean everything bar the extract from the book, which they couldn't do because of publishing - but you got the behind the scenes, the soundtrack, all the extra quests etc available as free downloads, sweet)

Books are pretty good too, although the English translation is well behind... and there's a few niggles (dukes become lords, then dukes again). Doesn't take away from the enjoyment and humour of the novels though :D

can't wait for this

"nothing actually matters, we're just slightly evolved monkeys clinging to a dying piece of rock hurtling through space waiting for our eventual death." - Frankie Boyle, Mock The Week

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

:O, cant wait for this

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• Leg3nd4ry1Leg3nd4ry1 Member Posts: 39

Well, the first game was great but it was plagued with some really aweful voice acting. Looking at that video, it appears that the voice acting is ALOT better, although i don't really think that voice suits Geralt. Maybe its just cause im used to hearing him in the first game, i dunno. I think the deeper voice suited him in the first one, although the way the lines were said was really horrible and sometimes you couldn't tell if he was trying to be funny, serious, happy, sad, or show any emotion at all. The new voice they chose makes him sound kind of....wimpy? Maybe ill get used to it...Anyway, it seems the animations and combat is much improved as well. Looking forward to this game very much!

• heocatheocat Member UncommonPosts: 178

First game was great and I'll pick up II as well.

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

Never played the game. But I own sice about a decade a book with stories about the guy the game is about. :)

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• nethrillnethrill Member Posts: 122

i'm working my way through the enhanced edition now actually.it's a pretty interesting rpg but the movement and combat could use some improvement.i'd definitely try the second one for sure.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955

After Oblivion this is the best RPG out there.

• ProfanityJCProfanityJC Member Posts: 32

The first game was the most addicting game of any genre I had played since Baldur's Gate. I actually dropped out of college because of Baldur's Gate.

I am both dreading and looking forward to the release of the second one...

• sazabisazabi Member UncommonPosts: 389

GOD WTF HAPPENED TO GERALTS VOICE?!

in witcher 1, geralts voice was pretty awesome. i mean there are lots of great voice acting in all kinds of games and people might not value geralt's voice very highly... but only because they might not have read the books of witcher.

witcher 1 geralt's voice actor was pretty much the exact voice how i imagined it while reading the books.

and now.... WHAT THE..............

anyway 3 things i want:

1. less loading. i dont care if loading times are pathetic (like in witcher 1), but if they are countless.... its damn annoying.

2. more action in fights. as much as i like rpgs, swingin sword for two hours at enemies face and see them only losing 1/4 hp is very annoying. i expected nothing like that after reading the books. in books combat was swift, fast... pure action.

3. geralt's voice actor. lol

• nethrillnethrill Member Posts: 122

the graphics in the witcher are about the best i've seen,i'd like to see an mmorpg with  graphics like that.

• havok527havok527 Member Posts: 80

I never got the chance to finish the first game because I got tired of it. Anyone want to fill me in on what happens in the end?

• skarwolfskarwolf Member CommonPosts: 245

I read the reviews and picked up witcher enhanced edition...

It didn't do it for me.  I found it quite boring and I was disappointed the sex scenes are abbreviated.  There was also plenty of crash bugs.

• troydavidtroydavid Member Posts: 150

If you listen to it in Polish, and read the English subtitles, the voice acting is incredible.

Thanks

T

• EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154

Quick time events... G** D*** IT!!!!!!

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    —Samuel Adams