Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

best browsergames?

VowOfSilenceVowOfSilence Member UncommonPosts: 565

which ones are the best browsergames in your opinion?

i mean browsergames that are really worth playing, not just because they're free or something.

some of the big/popular ones i know:

www.evony.com

medevial, rather new one, good graphics.

Tried it, seems kinda fun.

www.ogame.org

space, very popular.

Tried it, but too spreadsheet-like for me.

www.travian.com

medevial, very popular.

Hype train -> Reality

Comments

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

none freerealm is better in my view made by sony and its a browser game

• trepotrepo Member Posts: 119

I don't know if dofus can be considered a browser game. But it's flash based and only need an installation. Especially with 2.0 announced, i would consider it.

• hooptyhoopty Member UncommonPosts: 788

So far www.eartheternal.com/ has capture my attention..I do believe it going to be in the top of all the Browser games out there..It plays like a real mmorpg game..Just have to wait and see once it comes out of beta..

Some people rob you at gun point..Others will rob you at "Ball Point Pen"

Originally posted by hoopty

So far www.eartheternal.com/ has capture my attention..I do believe it going to be in the top of all the Browser games out there..It plays like a real mmorpg game..Just have to wait and see once it comes out of beta..

oh ya those silly guys love the style

we ll see how it really is 

• VowOfSilenceVowOfSilence Member UncommonPosts: 565
    Originally posted by drbaltazar

freerealms is brower-based? Oo

what technology do they use? it's looking better than most F2P client games -.-

i was thinking more about games that belong to the browser-game "genre", tho - not mmorpgs that are played in a brower. I'd rather just download a client-game, then...

Hype train -> Reality

• RebthohRebthoh Member Posts: 10

I'm sure someone will suggest RuneScape.

• AladyleynaAladyleyna Member Posts: 269

My favourites are Tribal Wars and Imperia Online. Both are similar in the sense that they involve the development of cities and recruting of troops and resources, so as to make your city as successful as possible. I would say that Tribal Wars is simpler than Imperia Online though. Plus, they are quite convenient as well, because you can just log in, leave it running while you do other things, checking back periodically to make sure that things are still going smoothly.

Also, some games in Facebook, such as Farmtown and Restaurant City, are extremely fun to play as well. And both can also be left running while you do other things too.

Main characters:
    Jinn Gone Quiet (Guild Wars)
    Princess Pudding (Guild Wars)

• KillerEwokKillerEwok Member UncommonPosts: 118

thread failed as soon as evony was mentioned |:

although i have to admit, the ads are more appealing then the other shit i see for RPGs

Originally posted by VowOfSilence

Originally posted by drbaltazar

freerealms is brower-based? Oo

what technology do they use? it's looking better than most F2P client games -.-

i was thinking more about games that belong to the browser-game "genre", tho - not mmorpgs that are played in a brower. I'd rather just download a client-game, then...

mm free realm looks like an mmorpg but its more of a mmowatchemacalit

smash up derby in it ,rpg in it crafting in it soccer in it etc cant name em all dont even know em all my self try it you ll be pleasently surprised

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

Apart from MUDs in general, I had lots of fun with "Archmage: The Reincarnation" and "Archspace". Both great games.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• ruckurucku Member Posts: 5

The best browser games for me would be the games that I play in Facebook. Mafia Wars is really addicting as well as other applications in Facebook. If anyone here plays Mafia Wars would you mind if I invite you to be my member? ^^v

• skarwolfskarwolf Member CommonPosts: 245

Freerealms combat classes aren't a challenge.  You can purchase weapons from the station marketplace that are better then anything you can create or acquire and use them from level 1.  You can spam potions.  Theres little to no challenge.  Theres not much of a difference in your abilities from 1-20 either.  Only difference being what armor you obtain and once again you can buy the best stuff from the marketplace and use it from level 1 and up.  So why bother levelling anyways.

The only mild challenge I found was in kart racing and that is mostly from the poor game mechanics. 

• reimarureimaru Member Posts: 228

before facebook became so popular, i was hooked on dragonfable and mechquest

and also ikariam

now on facebook,i'm playing fung fu pets and roller coaster kingdom

• tutubitutubi Member Posts: 47

same as most people, im hooked in facebook's browser games especially mafia wars. before that i was playing injustice and mafiamatrix :D

• EkhnatonEkhnaton Member Posts: 19

Gal6 seems to be a very professional mmo strategy... Although it is a new one

• moonlight21moonlight21 Member Posts: 67

Still playing ikariam - mmorts  and still the best for me well also played pokemon and ninja rpg

• AemiAemi Member Posts: 148

Do flash games count as browser games? Gravity has a fun library of them.

http://games.gravityus.com/

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619
    Originally posted by maji

Apart from MUDs in general, I had lots of fun with "Archmage: The Reincarnation" and "Archspace". Both great games.

Looked up Archspace and found this

This game has been discontinued by the developer. All the information is shown for historical purposes only.

• Sain34Sain34 Member UncommonPosts: 293

Earth Eternal is fantasic, I am in the Closed beta and it has a real old school feel to it. It feels like playing EQ all over again. You go to the website and hit "Play now" and it just opens up another browser window with the game in it, like playing an MMO in windowed mode only it was designed to be played in the window so the scale isn't all messed up. only problem I have found is that since it's a browser game they is now key binding options.

• DanescuDanescu Member Posts: 9

Played some Utopia some years ago, it was a good way to learn cooperation with the players of your kingdom, though the game had some issues (mostly being ganked by top guilds).