Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this a pvp game?

Is the game for people wanted Darkfall to be something it wasn't? Or is this game not so much pvp focused?

Comments

• TheHatterTheHatter Member Posts: 2,547

Kinda but not like Darkfall, but alot of Darkfall players are moving here and enjoying it.

Edited the way I put it. Sounded like I said there was no PVP.

• vixen2vixen2 Member Posts: 76

From what I have heard is that end game is pvp for control of the wasteland's resources, but I'm not there yet, so it's just heresay.

• KcissemDKcissemD Member Posts: 64

end game for PVP is more about control of entire "Conflict" towns which provide certain benefits for the ones holding, what those benifits are i have no idea though. but in the end right now PVP is not the main focus of the game as there are only specific areas that are pvp flagged.  In future the devs talked aobut implement some kind of outlaw system where ones can flag themselves for open pvp anywhere. Once flagged as an outlaw there would be no turning back.

• WardropWardrop Member Posts: 462

No the system is built for pve players.

The town faction control works by your faction doing quests to take over a town. Doesnt matter how many guys and gals you have, you have to do the faction quests to get favor with the faction holding the town. Then youll gain control of a town.

There is pvp but its in tight small little bubbles if you blink youll miss them..

Thats one of the many reasons im not buying this game...

Originally posted by Wardrop

The town faction control works by your faction doing quests to take over a town. Doesnt matter how many guys and gals you have, you have to do the faction quests to get favor with the faction holding the town. Then youll gain control of a town.
    There is pvp but its in tight small little bubbles if you blink youll miss them..

Not true.

forums.fallenearth.com/fallenearth/showthread.php

What do you mean not true, I didnt say the holding faction couldnt try to stop you from completing the quests. You still have to do the quests to take the town, no matter how many guys or gals you bring to fight in the town.

You can kill everyone in the town and you wont get the town till you do the favor quests...

Hell read the posts in your little linky. I know for fact i was in the beta.

I don't need to read the posts. lol.

Yeah we lost. Blah.

But saying that PVP is in small bubbles at the same time talking about conflict towns (those "small bubbles") is wrong. You're talking about the bubbles and they are the main centers of activity in the game.

You lost, bummer its against melee i always said melee would rule against ranged..

And yes im saying bubbles, you look at the pvp areas on the MAP and they are round circles.. bubbles...

PVP is not a whole map, its in tiny bubbles..

As for the town fighting, i was mentioning the mechanics, asked a few posts above.

Im not much of a quoter.

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

You better read more..

But thats ok, I rather take someone that studies up on a game than somebody that just blinked through the forums or just loaded up Beta once.

I could go on about the how the PvP system, but why bother telling you. You made up  your mind already.

And alot has changed since Alpha BETA, since you claim to be a Beta tester.

You lost, bummer its against melee i always said melee would rule against ranged..
    And yes im saying bubbles, you look at the pvp areas on the MAP and they are round circles.. bubbles...
    PVP is not a whole map, its in tiny bubbles..

As for the town fighting, i was mentioning the mechanics, asked a few posts above.
    Im not much of a quoter.

I understood what you're saying, but you gotta remember that there are people here (esp the OP) who really don't know about the game.

I actually wasn't in the fight, but I was in the channel with my guys and heard it step by step.

As for the whole map thing, they said at PAX they will be introducing a new "Cops & Robbers" type flag system. Sounds original from the little bit they said about it, but they didn't go into any detail at all. So, I don't know. That's really all they said. That it will be a new type of flag system for entire Map PVP and they called it a "Cops & Robbers" system.

HiGHPLaiNS

Yea a lot has changed, and a lot more will change. I have enough posts in the beta forums for anyone that was in beta reads to know who i am. And they wernt crap assed troll posts with assumptions and guesses, as your post here has is swiss cheesed with.

And my beta name was Vetis. Assume more. And in the beta pvp section of the forum i had a detailed post for the devs on the problems they would face later when the pvp type of player finally get to the point that are able to participate. now will they change the mechanics from those that i have listed. I cant say either way. They will have to make the choice then.

But the beta parts of the forum have been removed. Besides who cares if you believe i was in beta or not, the mechanics are the same as ive stated, and if they arnt then how does the mechanics work taking a town? Are the pvp areas not circles on the map in pre designated areas?

• BinaryDigitBinaryDigit Member Posts: 49

Sounds like the short anser to the OP question is NO.  The game has PVP, but its not a PVP game.  Crying shame really, this game sounds like its ripe for a Darktide type server.

To clarify, I've not played the game, but I can translate from fanboi into english.

Meridian 59 Beta Tester circa 1996

• BlackWizardsBlackWizards Member Posts: 173
    Originally posted by BinaryDigit

Sounds like the short anser to the OP question is NO.  The game has PVP, but its not a PVP game.  Crying shame really, this game sounds like its ripe for a Darktide type server.
    To clarify, I've not played the game, but I can translate from fanboi into english.

Indeed, I guess this is not so much a game for me. Thanks for the info everyone.