Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Returning questions from old vet...

AcquireAcquire Member UncommonPosts: 4

I was in game at launch and played a year or so... considering coming back but had a few questions...

1.  Do people still train mobs and FD on you?  Not to QQ but it took a ton of effort when I played to get gear and remember multiple times dropping items from the mobs that killed me after I was trained on.  At one point i had no main armor and couldnt afford to replace it.  That is what ultimately made me leave.

2.  Itemization, does it still suck?  There were only a few weapons per group like NG, D, C etc etc... everyone ran around like clones.  It was like - yea I hit C grade and now I will use the exact same weapon and armor as everyone else of my class in C.

3.  Did they add an AH?  Doing shouts and running from player to player store was the only way when I played...

4.  Anything instanced?  I never got into a large guild that controlled the sought after areas... usually got PKed just trying to look at an area..lol

Thanks and I don't mean to sound like I'm bashing the game - it was a beautiful environment, loved the music, love how the items dropped (no window or chest - actual item went on ground), seiges were a blast...

Comments

• koira1koira1 Member UncommonPosts: 264
    Originally posted by Acquire

I was in game at launch and played a year or so... considering coming back but had a few questions...
    1.  Do people still train mobs and FD on you?  Not to QQ but it took a ton of effort when I played to get gear and remember multiple times dropping items from the mobs that killed me after I was trained on.  At one point i had no main armor and couldnt afford to replace it.  That is what ultimately made me leave.
    2.  Itemization, does it still suck?  There were only a few weapons per group like NG, D, C etc etc... everyone ran around like clones.  It was like - yea I hit C grade and now I will use the exact same weapon and armor as everyone else of my class in C.
    3.  Did they add an AH?  Doing shouts and running from player to player store was the only way when I played...
    4.  Anything instanced?  I never got into a large guild that controlled the sought after areas... usually got PKed just trying to look at an area..lol
    Thanks and I don't mean to sound like I'm bashing the game - it was a beautiful environment, loved the music, love how the items dropped (no window or chest - actual item went on ground), seiges were a blast...

1. trains were fun in the old days, doesnt happen that much these days. and gear is now non-dropable on deaths or has really really really low % red players still drop alot of stuff.

2. with the gracia and those came new weapons and their 2shadow counter parts that last for some time and are cheaper then regular.

3. not sure about AH. i think not since i havent seen one

4. there are instances on some level. the ones i know are called Pailaka and Kamaloka. Pailaka is dungeon type with mobs and end bosses. Kamaloka is instance with group Boss. some are nasty and others.. meh. kama goes from 20 to up to end of times. there are like 23-26-29 and 33-36-39 and so on up to highest level i think.

• SwampDragonsSwampDragons Member UncommonPosts: 352
    Originally posted by Acquire

1. people just dont FD anymore :( They made is so that one cant drag monster long behind you in catas anymore.And  you dont drop gear atm if you are not red and have 5+ pks.

2.yea people do look alike, they have added alot more skins for amors these days but when you hit Agrade and Sgrade there bascilly is just 1 or 2 sets to have in Agrade and 1 in Sgrade. Looking speciall in Lineage its more made by accesorys.

3.there is no AH. if you dont counf the AH that has 1 item for sale every week.

4. yes more things are now instanced, not much but still.

The game is nothing like it was in the beggining  good or bad your call.