Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just a fast question :)

zspawnzspawn Member Posts: 410

Bought it today, runs great  and plays fast - I even play it with my XBOX360 controller and it's even more fun :D

Combat is crazy fast and has no downtime so far which I like in a game

However,

I see A LOT of people playing the game (saw 12 full instances today for the Canada and mine was almost full) but no one talking / grouping.

I run into them but they won't talk or group so I was wondering when does grouping become a necessity for some missions / content ? I understand people are still learning the ropes at level 8 but I'm curious ! :) 

Comments

• dougmysticeydougmysticey Member Posts: 1,176

Grouping is not foreced at all and prior to  10th level or so there is no need . It becomes much more important in the late teens in level and definately in the 20s and beyond. That is when you also start running into group instances (Lairs and the like). When you group to do standard missions (not ones designated for grouping) you will likely only group up with 1-2 people as well.

• Darkheart00Darkheart00 Member Posts: 521

I am guessing you are at still starter portion of canada zone? once you complete it will take you to Millenium city. There are couple group quests if you want to team for normal quests i suggest you find a SG or some friends to team with.

• zspawnzspawn Member Posts: 410

Ok makes sense considering it didn't take me that long to get to 8 :P

Something else, is the cage match the only form of PvP ? 

I'm not usually into PvP really but it seemed like fun :P 

Originally posted by zspawn

In canadian wilderness once you finish up on the final quest for ravenspeaker, the zone will change (different map) it has lv 10+ content and there are 30-40 instances of that.

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130

Bought it today, runs great  and plays fast - I even play it with my XBOX360 controller and it's even more fun :D
    However,
    I see A LOT of people playing the game (saw 12 full instances today for the Canada and mine was almost full) but no one talking / grouping.
    I run into them but they won't talk or group so I was wondering when does grouping become a necessity for some missions / content ? I understand people are still learning the ropes at level 8 but I'm curious ! :) 

Don't think you have been reading a few of the thread on this site and the Main site complaining about Grouping.. To put it short and to the point grouping in this game is pretty non existent.

Maybe its the fact that you can make characters that don't really need help (IE that can heal/tank/CC/Damage effectively)

Maybe its the fact that alot of the missions cannot be shared therefor no xp bonus for people grouping with you, which is needed after the MOB xp nerf that Cryptic hit us with.

Maybe its the fact that the search for people that actually are lFG is flawed to hell and back, and/or is usually only filled with people that are not looking for what your looking for.

Maybe its the lack of any type of group instances (aka as Lairs) untill around level 30.  Which is silly considering that the game has a level cap of 40...

Maybe its the fact that most people can solo everthing anyways, so why would they need to grp?...

Or maybe its all of those things and more.  Bottom line is that you just like me probably bought the wrong game, because when its all said and done people hardly if ever group in this MMO....

Your turn fanboys by all means let the bashing begin.

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

Originally posted by Tinybina

However,

Don't think you have been reading a few of the thread on this site and the Main site complaining about Grouping.. To put it short and to the point grouping in this game is pretty non existent.

Maybe its the fact that you can make characters that don't really need help (IE that can heal/tank/CC/Damage effectively)

Maybe its the fact that alot of the missions cannot be shared therefor no xp bonus for people grouping with you, which is needed after the MOB xp nerf that Cryptic hit us with.

Maybe its the fact that the search for people that actually are lFG is flawed to hell and back, and/or is usually only filled with people that are not looking for what your looking for.

Maybe its the lack of any type of group instances (aka as Lairs) untill around level 30.  Which is silly considering that the game has a level cap of 40...

Maybe its the fact that most people can solo everthing anyways, so why would they need to grp?...

Or maybe its all of those things and more.  Bottom line is that you just like me probably bought the wrong game, because when its all said and done people hardly if ever group in this MMO....

Your turn fanboys by all means let the bashing begin.

Hmm thread hijack rather than answering his questions you are simply continue spewing your hate. LFG system needs to be fixed, xp nerf was done in OB every MMO has done that so its nothing new 

You can't solo everything like the 3 man grp quests, instances etc yes it is solo friendly but no more so than WoW 3.0 or Aion (where people have gone from 1-50 with epic gear without grouping once in chinese servers) that is nature of MMO these days.

• MalakhonMalakhon Member UncommonPosts: 224

I solo'd fight club at 15th level with ease with one build, with another build I needed help.

Either I am getting much better at playing, or some builds need grouping and others don't. I enjoy solo play mostly.

• SenadinaSenadina Member UncommonPosts: 896

At higher levels there are more types of PvP, like B.A.S.H, which is a free-for-all format. I cannot comment on it as I am not at that level. But get used to cage-match, you are gonna be playing it for awhile.

Originally posted by Malakhon

I solo'd fight club at 15th level with ease with one build, with another build I needed help.

Either I am getting much better at playing, or some builds need grouping and others don't. I enjoy solo play mostly.

What was your build? Certain builds are very good at soloing grouped MVs.

Did mega destroid yesterday with lv 25 toon he has about 800k health and required 20 peeps to bring him down. There was plenty of corpse running till we got some tanks with block combos?

• zspawnzspawn Member Posts: 410

To be fair I levelled one char per class in WoW and didn't group once with any of those chars.

Skipped group quests, no instances. Why? It was faster :P

So I don't really see that this game is the devil of grouping in any way, the only group heavy game I played was LOTRO and perhaps EQ2...

Or I guess Warhammer in a sense, considering you can't do ORVR solo :P 

Thanks for the help guys, I did group once for the "end of chapter" quest/mission in Canada (the one that you kill a guy thru a portal, dont remember name I was almost asleep:P)

Hey, at least it has lots of people playing it seems :)

• MalakhonMalakhon Member UncommonPosts: 224
    Originally posted by Darkheart00

Originally posted by Malakhon

What was your build? Certain builds are very good at soloing grouped MVs.

Did mega destroid yesterday with lv 25 toon he has about 800k health and required 20 peeps to bring him down. There was plenty of corpse running till we got some tanks with block combos?

I spent about 4 hours in the Powerhouse with a friend of mine and we compared builds all night. He'd build something so defensive you couldn't do enough damage to take him out but he was gimped damage wise. Then I'd build a single blade build that was so good at damage it could wipe him out, but it was a glass cannon.

Back and forth we went.

I eventually opted for something in the middle. Double blades is most 'fun' for me.  Running into the crowd in fight club and blending them up. I focused on Str/Con and also added invulnerability and  I can go and go and go. Also, throwing the bleachers at them really helps out a lot (since I had no ranged attack to pull).

Considering the night before, me and a friend of mine had guns and electricity. My electricity would splash and pull off unwanted extra enemies, so we ended up having to lure them to a door and funnell them back where we could kill a few at a time.

This game is so much fun, I really think it has a lot of great potential and I've also been lucky to meet some great people playing.