Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which side will YOU choose?

ShiymmasShiymmas Member UncommonPosts: 587

I didn't look into the forums to see if this post had been made, and frankly idc.  It's not up on the front page, and that means it'd likely be filled with out of date info.  That said, with OB nearing its end, and people having tried the game, I'm wondering what everyone plans to pick.

Personally, I initially wanted to play an Asmodian, mostly for their options in terms of character customization.  However, when I made my first character on the Asmo side, the region chat was filled with a constant stream of idiocy.  I didn't even make it to level 5.  Then, I made an Elyos.  Completely different ball-game.  People were friendly, polite, and holding actual discussions rather than flame wars (even if they involved WoW).  After further reading, it seems so many people plan to play Asmodian it's insane.  It makes me wonder if this is another by-product of WoW, where I remember Horde constantly being better than Alliance.

Anyway, I hope that either way, NCSoft has a way to keep things balanced, because before this poll even starts I'm gonna bet we see some serious Asmodian love, and don't let my post change your opinion.  I want honest answers before you read my post, or any replies, and please, feel free to post why you chose what you did.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw

“What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.”
Oscar Wilde

Comments

• glofishglofish Member UncommonPosts: 346

Elyos all the way baby!

I had enough of taurens ;-) thus I am not looking forward to have that body type.

• DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593

Asmodian ...im hoping the little kids go play the anime Elyos side. :P

Dax.

• ShiymmasShiymmas Member UncommonPosts: 587
    Originally posted by Daxamar

Asmodian ...im hoping the little kids go play the anime Elyos side. :P

Dax.

That's the thing - I think the "evil" side will have far more appeal to the younger and in general the more immature crowd.  It's not exactly "cool" to look pretty and kind.  My experience in the OB directly reflected this, just by watching the barrens when I played Asmo, and normal human beings while playing Elyos.

Have to say, too, that being into my 20s now, and having gone into some group PVP through a rift, those menacing looking black-winged kiddies sure as hell run as fast as they can when they see my lankey, long-nosed white-feathered freak comes flying at them.

Personally, I'll enjoy being "pretty" while I slaughter folk... no back hair for me, ty.  I just hope others (that don't suck) will put being dark and scary aside and help humiliate those that won't.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
    George Bernard Shaw

“What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.”
    Oscar Wilde

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

Asmodian, love the back hair.

• ichimarunicoichimarunico Member Posts: 210

Oh goodie. Everyone's going to play the "evil side" again. Oh well, I'm okay with being outnumbered I suppose. I just hope it doesn't turn out to be 8:1 like my WoW server was...

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181

I almost always play the "bad" or "dark" or "ugly" side, but for some reason in Aion the good guys look better and the males seem less prissy.

Seems like I may try this "good" thing on for size.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• dreldrel Member Posts: 918

Bad vs. Good. Dark vs. Light. Not sure quite what the difference is. The quests are basically the same with both sides. Both sides have the same type of classes, similar armor, spells, and looks. The only difference is the environments each side resides in. The "dark" side is a wasteland.  For me, not much appeal at all. The "light" side is a lush,  vibarant environment, which is far more enjoyable to be in than the "dark environment".  I liked the armor and dress of the "light side" more than the armor and dress(including wings) of the dark side.  My impression is Aion has placed a greater emphasis in developing the "light" environment rather than the "dark" environment-that applies to classes, physical environment your character is in, to dress, spells, and quests.  The game would have been far more interesting if there was a greater difference between the two sides.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Asmodian here.  I like the mobs and area of the elyos side but can't stand the legion cape, the pretty boy looks of the elyos males.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• kamerakkamerak Member Posts: 71
    Originally posted by Shiymmas

I didn't look into the forums to see if this post had been made, and frankly idc.  It's not up on the front page, and that means it'd likely be filled with out of date info.  That said, with OB nearing its end, and people having tried the game, I'm wondering what everyone plans to pick.
    Personally, I initially wanted to play an Asmodian, mostly for their options in terms of character customization.  However, when I made my first character on the Asmo side, the region chat was filled with a constant stream of idiocy.  I didn't even make it to level 5.  Then, I made an Elyos.  Completely different ball-game.  People were friendly, polite, and holding actual discussions rather than flame wars (even if they involved WoW).  After further reading, it seems so many people plan to play Asmodian it's insane.  It makes me wonder if this is another by-product of WoW, where I remember Horde constantly being better than Alliance.
    Anyway, I hope that either way, NCSoft has a way to keep things balanced, because before this poll even starts I'm gonna bet we see some serious Asmodian love, and don't let my post change your opinion.  I want honest answers before you read my post, or any replies, and please, feel free to post why you chose what you did.

You hit the nail on the head their with asmo's, Ever since I saw this game that was the race i wanted to play the fallen angel type race. But when I finally got my character made and logged on to the world for the first time its like the barrens chat of horde followed their global chat channel. To be honest I almost decided to just quit and never look back, but then I tried elyos and found it was quiet different everyone(majority) of the people were mature and polite and even though they dont look as awesome as the asmo's ill choose the mature players for looks any day.

now all thats left is to find a guild

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein