Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: The Next Generic WoW Clone.

2»

Comments

• tro44_1tro44_1 Member Posts: 1,819
    Originally posted by DaX.9

To the OP:
    1) gw2 will be instanced, only open world will be ouside towns for regular quests, missions and dungeons will be still instanced.
    2) gw2 level cap is as they said gonna be something that is not prime thing in gw and they are working on a way not to have level gap at all
    3) So only thing they are gonna make different from GW is that we will be able to meet other people outside outposts, that we could choose between 4 races and that its setting is in future comparing to GW.

1 Well alot of MMORPGs share this. GW2 will be Open Zoned (load Screen like Warhammer) and still have instanced dungons.

2 this is not true. Lvl will play and improtant role in the Mist. Lvls may also be important in PvE which is why they added the side kick system.

3 we dont know what else is in store for GW2. wait for info

• Man1acMan1ac Member Posts: 1,428

OP...come on. If you wanna say bad things about GW2 say something realistic.

We're all Geniuses. Most of us just don't know it.

• Toquio3Toquio3 Member Posts: 1,074

Guild Wars was the first mmorpg (yeah thats right) that I played and Im damn proud to admit it. Brilliant skill system, great story, great world, and the gameplay is made of pure gold. Awesome guild system, fuck it. Everything about this game was awesome. Oh and ArenaNet didnt nerf the Underworld and FoW because of whiners. Were there whiners in the temple of the ages? I never saw whiners there, I saw people who saw it challenging and liked it that way. May the heavens blast me where I sit right now if the Underworld done with a proper group wasnt harder than anything WoW ever coughed up. And even when done by 55monks, you gotta admit, that kind of player creativity could never be achieved in a game like WoW. And the synergies between classes, just amazing.

So, to the OP, go back to Trial of the Crusader and keep faming T9. You're gonna need it to do Icecrown and farm T10.

If you stand VERY still, and close your eyes, after a minute you can actually FEEL the universe revolving around PvP.

• GennadiosGennadios Member Posts: 209
    Originally posted by tro44_1

2 this is not true. Lvl will play and improtant role in the Mist. Lvls may also be important in PvE which is why they added the side kick system.

If by "important role" you mean that every char will be leveled and geared to max, then sure, it's an important role. Otherwise, it's pretty much the equivalent of not having levels at all.

Levels roles in PvE settings have not been discussed.

• ShazzelShazzel Member Posts: 472

Their walking a fine line with Guild Wars 2. The origional was supposed to be the next big PVP game with limited PVE features.

Well that didn't pan out, ANET discovered that PVP as an endgame simply wasn't enough, so they started on a slipery slope of having to add PVE content without upsetting their original plan of catering to PVE casuals and PVP'ers.

For their part ANET did a fair job of keeping things balanced, unfortunately ...the game feels shallow and most players quit after a few weeks / months at the most.

Major potential issue's I see with Guild Wars 2:

1) ANET is very lax on cheats / boters etc.

2) Copying WoW isn't good.. This point is pretty much a well proven fact. Copy WoW and you will faiL. Blizzard does what they do better than you, they can TRY to copy but it won't work. Gamers know this and vote with their wallet.

3) Guild Wars 1 player won't migrate, why should they? I know alot of you are gasping at this point but honestly.. the average player that has stayed with GW1 this long won't leave.

They'll keep loging on and doing their casual 15 hours a week in a free-to-play game without spending another cent.

4) Gamers like me that loved Guild Wars 1, but we quit after a few months because the game was too "shallow". (and over ran with bots / cheaters see 1).

Will knowing I might only get 4-8 weeks of gameplay out of Guild Wars 2 keep me away? Maybe.. I didnt buy AoC or WAR, knew they were both ganna be fail.. soo its wait and see at this point... but yeah ANET is walking a tightwire.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578
    Originally posted by Shazzel

3) Guild Wars 1 player won't migrate, why should they? I know alot of you are gasping at this point but honestly.. the average player that has stayed with GW1 this long won't leave.
    They'll keep loging on and doing their casual 15 hours a week in a free-to-play game without spending another cent.

Every single player I know that plays Guild Wars will be getting GW2. There might be an exception to this but I am pretty sure this point of yours won't be a problem.