Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

strategy game suggestion

majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

While waiting for an MMORPG that really catches me (or CO or Darkfall giving out a free trial) I play TF2 for the action and BattleForge for the cooperative stuff. Now, since both games are rather stressful (albeit enjoyable), is there any turn-based (or veeeery slow) strategy game someone can suggest? Something where you can sit down with a cup of tea and a purring cat and play some in a relaxed way? Where you can actually pause the game if someone phones you without having to shout "I can't! They are attacking from all sides!!!" or "One second, I think that sniper saw... ok now I got time"?

Maybe a space-strategy game where you can create your own race possibly, like a modern version of the all-time classic "Stars!"? Or something in the likes of "Settlers"? Which one is the newest part of that? Or maybe "Anno"? I didn't play those games yet but they seemed enjoyable. Anno 1404 is the newest one right?

Anyone got any suggestions?

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

Comments

• Einherjar_LCEinherjar_LC Member UncommonPosts: 1,055

Best turn based startegy game IMO is the Civilization series.   Based on that, I would recommend Civ 4 without the expansions.  Then if you like it you can add the expansions which provide even more in depth game play.

The Civ complete edition(Civ and all  the expansions) can be bought for around $35USD.

http://www.2kgames.com/civ4/

As for space turn based games I would recommend Galactic Civilizations 2(different maker although similar name).

Premade races or you can make your own.  In addition, you can design your own star ships and the game play is in depth and very addictive.

www.galciv2.com/index.aspx

Good luck!

Einherjar_LC says: WTB the true successor to UO or Asheron's Call pst!

• Einherjar_LCEinherjar_LC Member UncommonPosts: 1,055

Almost forgot another one of my favorite games is Space Rangers 2.

A pretty fun game but not too brain intensive.  A fun turn based game.

spacerangers2.com/

Einherjar_LC says: WTB the true successor to UO or Asheron's Call pst!

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

mmo real time strategy?

isnt EVE ONLINE that?