Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fixed my constant Gameguard crashes

RallycartRallycart Member UncommonPosts: 717

Hello everyone. I was getting the "Gameguard error: Gameguard will close" error every couple of mins, which made Aion completely unplayable for me. I tried it on two different machines (mine and my wifes) and had the same problem. I tried rebooting the systems, shutting down Steam, Curse client, all other windows, no go. I had no Firewall or Anti Virus running, and was running out of ideas. I figured it was just messed up, and had just given up on the whole crap. However, I got really bored this night, and said screw it, and tried it out again. Same crap. However, this time, I just started killing processes that were not vital for the system, and finally found out my problem, which hopefully will be someone elses problem!

I found that PowerISO and Daemon Tools are the culprit. It is possible that all drive mounting software conflicts, but I cannot confirm that. So, if you are using any virtual drives, and are having problems with gameguard, try disabling them, and playing again. it worked like a charm for me!

Comments