Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A hands-on of STO from PAX

DavrynDavryn Member Posts: 39

Hands-on look at STO

I found this pretty interesting. The forum comments are interesting, too. Wonder what the Atari lawsuit will do to Cryptic's bottom line with this one. Plus, I'm not sure if Champions bodes well for STO or not. A lot of people don't seem to like it much.

I do like what the author of this article said about how he couldn't recognize STO as using the same internal tool set used to build Champions Online. To me, that's a good thing.

Comments

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

Very good read. Seems everyone who has tried STO at PAX has loved it and hasn't really had anything bad to say about it. For more info on STO at PAX here is a thread from the STO forum with links to just about all of the info from PAX concerning STO. Some really good things are being said about STO so far.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• solarinesolarine Member Posts: 1,203

Indeed. Gameplay is one of those things you cannot describe to someone else, you have to have hands-on time for it.  A game may have all the coolest and most sophisticated features in the world, but if it doesn't "play right" for most players, that game's going to have a really hard time gaining fans.

Now, of course this sort of thing is subjective but hearing such positive reports on gameplay is encouraging.