Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SOE working on a new Star Wars Game......

I was watching G4 the other day and on the news ticker they mentioned something about SOE may be working on a new Star Wars game and they also mentioned TOR being developed (I think to make the point that this was not news about that game but about a truly new SOE Star Wars game) anyone else hear anything about this?

but yeah, to call this game Fantastic is like calling Twilight the Godfather of vampire movies....

Comments

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

let me check on ufragtv channel in youtube

• BaronJuJuBaronJuJu Member UncommonPosts: 1,832

"If we don't attack them, they will attack us first. So we'd better retaliate before they have a chance to strike"

• jaxsundanejaxsundane Member Posts: 2,776

Thanks for the link I had just read it in the post on here too titles Is it April 1st or something like that.  I don't know what to say about this really besides that I am obvisouly not in SOEs intended audience on anything because nothing they make appeals to me at all, I guess if they can make a good smooth running product the kids will like I'm all for it but again this just doesn't hold any interest for me personally good luck to them though.

but yeah, to call this game Fantastic is like calling Twilight the Godfather of vampire movies....

• asdfgasdfg Member Posts: 21

<p>So you nge haters!, would la let soe to make another mmo for them if nge was a failure? Nge is a huge success and thats why they let soe make them another mmo! Imo if they released the SWG as the latest state of nge in 2003 noone it would have 10 millions subs not wow! Pre nge drove casual gamers away from swg. pre nge is the biggest failure of a mmo ever.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p> </p>

asdfg

• Cypt1Cypt1 Member UncommonPosts: 283

To say I'm at a loss for words would be an understatement. (Assuming this rumor is substantiated at some point, that is.)

• LtJohnnyRicoLtJohnnyRico Member Posts: 214

SOE is retarded. They'd save SWG if they just launched some Pre-NGE servers. 

• HarleyriderHarleyrider Member Posts: 62
    Originally posted by asdfg

<p>So you nge haters!, would la let soe to make another mmo for them if nge was a failure? Nge is a huge success and thats why they let soe make them another mmo! Imo if they released the SWG as the latest state of nge in 2003 noone it would have 10 millions subs not wow! Pre nge drove casual gamers away from swg. pre nge is the biggest failure of a mmo ever.</p> <p> </p> <p> </p>

This guy is the anti-matter universe's version of Darth Raiden on these boards.

• FikusOfAhaziFikusOfAhazi Member Posts: 1,835

I call vaporware. Just a rumor to benefit SOE. My opinion.

See you in the dream..
    The Fires from heaven, now as cold as ice. A rapid ascension tolls a heavy price.

• MathosMathos Member Posts: 897

Just say no!

• neonwireneonwire Member Posts: 1,787
    Originally posted by jaxsundane

I was watching G4 the other day and on the news ticker they mentioned something about SOE may be working on a new Star Wars game and they also mentioned TOR being developed (I think to make the point that this was not news about that game but about a truly new SOE Star Wars game) anyone else hear anything about this?

Who cares? Someone churns out yet another star wars game every couple of years. When I'm an old man games companies will still be making them......and people will still be getting excited about "the next new star wars game". Yawn.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

I think it's just disgusting if SOE is really going to make another one.

• neonwireneonwire Member Posts: 1,787
    Originally posted by sookster54

Sort of....but not really. It doesnt matter who makes Star Wars Number 98327475827585. Yeah SOE messed up with SWG but if they go ahead and make another one thats good then whats the problem? If the game is good then who cares who made it? If its crap then people dont have to play it. They can just wait for the next one to come out. 

• PreCUPreCU Member Posts: 382

Originally posted by neonwire

Sort of....but not really. It doesnt matter who makes Star Wars Number 98327475827585. Yeah SOE messed up with SWG but if they go ahead and make another one thats good then whats the problem? If the game is good then who cares who made it? If its crap then people dont have to play it. They can just wait for the next one to come out. 

you're talking about the future. We don't know whether it's good or bad right now. All we know is that soe and la messed up the last star wars mmorpg they did together and now they're doing another. And even if it were good like pre-CU was, ...need I say more?

• Cypt1Cypt1 Member UncommonPosts: 283
    Originally posted by PreCU

you're talking about the future. We don't know whether it's good or bad right now. All we know is that soe and la messed up the last star wars mmorpg they did together and now they're doing another. And even if it were good like pre-CU was, ...need I say more?

Some people just enjoy speculating, and others, regardless of SOE's poor track record, will inevitably play this game if it ever sees the light of day simply because it's  a Star Wars game.

Also, if it's based on the Free-Realms engine, it's relatively safe to assume that this will be a highly simplistic game geared towards the casual gamer (as the Ten Ton Hammer article stated). This means that it probably won't be riddled with the same issues that have plagued SWG in every one of its iterations.

But, once again, I'm speculating, too. Everything at this point is merely conjecture, although this will undoubtedly be an interesting one to watch.

• BullseyeArc1BullseyeArc1 Member UncommonPosts: 410
    Originally posted by Cypt1

Some people just enjoy speculating, and others, regardless of SOE's poor track record, will inevitably play this game if it ever sees the light of day simply because it's  a Star Wars game.

Also, if it's based on the Free-Realms engine, it's relatively safe to assume that this will be a highly simplistic game geared towards the casual gamer (as the Ten Ton Hammer article stated). This means that it probably won't be riddled with the same issues that have plagued SWG in every one of its iterations.

But, once again, I'm speculating, too. Everything at this point is merely conjecture, although this will undoubtedly be an interesting one to watch.

You hurt my head with all those big words.    I need a forum NGE.     That is the target audience they are going for these days.  Kiddys.    Sounds like they are targeting the crowd that watches the cartoon, so it will more than likely be tweens.     Sucks really why not target adults, they have the credit cards.    

Thats one thing that peeved me off with AOC, it was supposed to be the first adult mmo.   But they caved in and started to modd everything.      I wish Lucas would make a R rated SW movie and then we might see an adult SW mmo.   

• KlavKlav Member Posts: 20

SoE has a lack of vision.

What they are looking for are: numbers.

Sony will work hard to publish games or anything to make sure that their community is massive.

Its all competition rather than a quality vision.

"Tell me what your gamer plays.
    Show me why you pay.
    Teach me every single part. I'll be your guide.
    You are a prisoner.
    Cash-cowing slows you down.
    You can change your game.
    But can't change your mind.
    No matter what they do."

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    Originally posted by BullseyeArc1

Originally posted by Cypt1

You hurt my head with all those big words.    I need a forum NGE.     That is the target audience they are going for these days.  Kiddys.    Sounds like they are targeting the crowd that watches the cartoon, so it will more than likely be tweens.     Sucks really why not target adults, they have the credit cards.    

Thats one thing that peeved me off with AOC, it was supposed to be the first adult mmo.   But they caved in and started to modd everything.      I wish Lucas would make a R rated SW movie and then we might see an adult SW mmo.   

gees i wonder about that ,where are those kiddy player lol

my granddad made 11 kids my mother made 3 and i made 1 lol

there are way more adult gamer then there are kids game lol

im lost ,(at least in amrica)

china and all true they breed like wabit  but in america lol the average is probably 1 or 2 max

• natuxatunatuxatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,364
    Originally posted by Klav

SoE has a lack of vision.
    What they are looking for are: numbers.
    Sony will work hard to publish games or anything to make sure that their community is massive.
    Its all competition rather than a quality vision.

Yeah I agree with this... and while it's totally fair for Sony to have that way of thinking, they are a buisness trying to make money after all, it's still dissapointing. There are other companies out there that are more willing to take a risk in hopes for a more quality experience.

There are developers and then there are buisnessmen.. I'm sure we can all think of games MMO or other where you can see that they cared more about giving the players an exciting and unique experience.. as oppose to just trying to cash in.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Seems to me that if SOE is making this game, it'll be based heavily on RMT or TCG, because they just added another suggested item to the TCG rather than the actual loot table- it all started with the BM pet barn when the BM community asked for something to store pets in they gave the barn via TCG, then gave the pilot community a hangar via TCG and now a Nightsister backpack via TCG.

This is an insult to people who actually play the game and make suggestions to make it better, then end up having to PAY extra ontop of the $15/month for a chance to get it.

As I said, SOE can barely handle SWG, why would they bother with ANOTHER SW game that isn't likely going to have pre-CU features.