Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The graphics are amazing

Comments

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by ghoul31

Originally posted by MMOGuru

How did your claim that "Most of the core features are in" turn to this trolling dribble.  That's what isn't making sense.  You try to claim most of the core features are in the game, yet everyone who has bothered to read the official forums knows that 90% of the core features are not turned on, or covered by a placeholder.
    Why do you people come to real MMO communities to spout your useless nonsense.  Nobody likes a fanboi.
    You can't craft.  All you can do is bring parts to an NPC and select the item to make.  The features promised were a full on crafting mini game.  Hense crafting is not in.  You can PvP but all the systems promised to govern FFA PvP are not in so it's also just a placeholder.  And the gamespace availible is virtually empty because the massiveLOD system is broken.  So they can only populate the game with a limited number of mobs and NPCs or the clients will explode.
    Please stop pretending you know anything about this project.  It's clear you are just making stuff up based on second hand info, or are a delusional fanboi (aka Mats tehdoosh) trying to trick people into looking at this vaporware.

Like I said, the stuff is in , but it isn't complete. You don't seem to understand that the game is still in beta. You think its released or something.  You are just making yourself look foolish.

Even in its current state, I would rather play MO than WOW.

The stuff isn't in. A place holder NPC cannot replace a crafting system. None of the selling features are in the game right now. Its basically a UT3 mod atm. Magic was added today and they got full loot to work (sorta), but there aren't any tool tips making the process cumbersome to say the least.

No one said the game is released, but based on whats given we can't recommend the game to anyone either.

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• MortalOnlineMortalOnline Member Posts: 19
    Originally posted by redlance

"Why do you guys come to real MMO communities"?? 
    Is there a group of fake mmo conspirators that you think are forming against you? lol

Lol, +rep haha

• DiekfooDiekfoo Member Posts: 583

I am in the beta. The beta is allready really nice ... a very promising game ... more than that I can´t say.  

• SwampDragonsSwampDragons Member UncommonPosts: 352

I buy this game just to support a Swedish gaming mmo company.

but from what i have seen from the old footage the graphics can be alot better with the unreal3 engine.

But then again it is beta and some of the more flashy objects is usally included later.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

You're not even in the beta are you lol.  Crafting is a placeholder NPC because the system is not even close to being finished and everyone who's bothered to read the forums or the patch notes (not protected by NDA) can tell you that.  Full Loot is broken (still also in patch notes).  Magic is in as a placeholder as well (also clearly printed in the patch notes not protected by NDA).  And none of the other features are in or working like the flagging system, the economy, housing, mounts, crafting mini games, combat abilities, second teir skills, etc....
    And there are a grand total of 10 mobs in the game in extremely limited spawns because they can't get the massiveLOD system to work.
    All of this is public knowledge and not protected by NDA.  Why are you trying to argue it?

None of those things are totally complete, but yes they are all in the game. You can craft, you can gather, you can do pvp, you can kill mobs. So what are you trying to argue? That the game isn't 100% complete as of right now? Of course it isn't. Its beta and this game won't be released for many months.

You aren't making any sense.

How did your claim that "Most of the core features are in" turn to this trolling dribble.  That's what isn't making sense.  You try to claim most of the core features are in the game, yet everyone who has bothered to read the official forums knows that 90% of the core features are not turned on, or covered by a placeholder.

Why do you people come to real MMO communities to spout your useless nonsense.  Nobody likes a fanboi.

You can't craft.  All you can do is bring parts to an NPC and select the item to make.  The features promised were a full on crafting mini game.  Hense crafting is not in.  You can PvP but all the systems promised to govern FFA PvP are not in so it's also just a placeholder.  And the gamespace availible is virtually empty because the massiveLOD system is broken.  So they can only populate the game with a limited number of mobs and NPCs or the clients will explode.

Please stop pretending you know anything about this project.  It's clear you are just making stuff up based on second hand info, or are a delusional fanboi (aka Mats tehdoosh) trying to trick people into looking at this vaporware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEhDZN0RFjw&feature=related

Please look up what a beta really is next time.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

U3 engine is capable of some amazing things.  Though, no MMO can use all of the features because.. well, it's a MMO.  There's a big difference between developing a single player game and a multiplayer game with thousands of players in the same game world.  Things have to be sacrificed. 

I'd also like to reveal, if any of you aren't aware.  Only low textures are available in beta.  Not to mention, AA, AF, bloom effects and all of those things are not in the game.  The game already looks very nice for a MMO.  And unfortunately I will have to upgrade if I want to max out the graphics. 

• FariicFariic Member Posts: 1,546
    Originally posted by Kyleran

It's the game play that makes upgrading worth doing.

So very true.

Although the graphics don't hurt.

• gatherisgatheris Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

just the graphics

from what i've seen the skies have got to be the most realistic of any game out there right now - water ain't bad either

but the rocks, stones and mountainous landscapes look horrible to me - - - like badly colored cellophane way overstretched on wire frames - hopefully this is the result of lower resolution in beta

• Cyborg99Cyborg99 Member Posts: 576
    Originally posted by gatheris

just the graphics
    from what i've seen the skies have got to be the most realistic of any game out there right now - water ain't bad either
    but the rocks, stones and mountainous landscapes look horrible to me - - - like badly colored cellophane way overstretched on wire frames - hopefully this is the result of lower resolution in beta

I agree, thats one of the best looking skies I've ever seen in a game and it really sets the mood for the game.

Trolls = Hardcore
    Fanbois = Carebears

The only posts I read in threads are my own.

• FariicFariic Member Posts: 1,546

just the graphics

Huh?

The mountains are the most realistic I've ever seen in any game.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

• thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144

just the graphics

If your referring to landscape in the distance I think it has to do with low clouds.   If your referring to close ups I dunno.   I never really watched for close ups.   I just know that the textures " pop " too close on those sand wall houses.  It feels like the character is nearsighted.   

• kobietrumankobietruman Member Posts: 105
    Originally posted by Fariic

just the graphics

Huh?

The mountains are the most realistic I've ever seen in any game.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

i think what is being referred to here is not the mountains at a distance which are just fine but when you are actually climbing around on the "landscape"

the skin or textures or whatever of the rocky ground/cliff faces etc do looked stretched - really stretched

• sanj108sanj108 Member Posts: 5

"Visually MO doesn't even compare to Vanguard."

Lol that is all i had to read to know this guy speaks through his botty.

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

Getting a new computer? I remember that I considered installing Vista shortly before AOC was released, so I can play it in DX10. Get it? AOC, release, DX10, Vista? Ha ha ha ha... ha....  T_T

In other words:

The recent MMORPG releases were so disappointing for me, I won't be doing anything for a game that ain't released. :P Which is not to say that good graphics in MO are bad news. :)

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• AbloecAbloec Member CommonPosts: 315

You obviously haven't seen a real game before.  Being a combat beta and continuing tester (because SV cannot block your account even if you get a refund) I can assure you that your delusions will never be made substantial.

The people who are playing it are enjoying it. So you are the one who is delusional.

All 50/10000 supposed testers who actually play the beta are enjoying it?  Good for them to be able to find fun in something so trivial.

Just in case you missed it Hen made up that press release.  No one on the forums or in game is suggesting they actually like the game.  The argument for MO is all about how things could get better since nearly all of the core features are not even in the game yet.

Don't tell lies just because the internet protects you.

Sorry even if this is a old post, I gotta laught are you seriously telling someone to not tell lies when all I see out of your mouth is bullsh*t, thats hilarious man...... Seriously tho wow...

Damnant quod non intellegunt
  • menasuremenasure Member Posts: 75

*after reading a lot of beta speculation crap menasure stares at his older 3Ghz, 2Mb pc with a Geforce 7950 card inside while having no money for a new pc at the moment and decides to pose a more relevant topic related question*

any idea about the minimum system requirements for this game?

Originally posted by menasure

*after reading a lot of beta speculation crap menasure stares at his older 3Ghz, 2Mb pc with a Geforce 7950 card inside while having no money for a new pc at the moment and decides to pose a more relevant topic related question*
    any idea about the minimum system requirements for this game?

I have 3.2ghz dual core processor with 3 gigs of ram and the 8800gtx 768mb and I can easily run the game without lag, of course I can't say for sure if this might change or not considering the game isn't released yet.

• obiiobii Member UncommonPosts: 804

MO System Requirements (an estimation)

Please note that all options and scaling are not yet in the game, meaning the requirements will change over time.

Minimum configuration (1024x768, detail reduced)

Processor: Intel Pentium 4 3Ghz or equivalent

RAM: 1GB

Video card: ATI Radeon 9800/nVidia GeForce 6600

Video memory 256MB

Hard drive space: 5-25GB

Recommended configuration (1680x1050)

OS: Windows XP Service Pack 2 or Windows Vista Service Pack 1

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz or equivalent

RAM: 2048MB Dual Channel DDR2

Video card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT or equivalent

Video memory: 512MB

Hard drive space: 30GB

From their homepage

http://www.mortalonline.com/news/july-13-07-09

• aggie915aggie915 Member Posts: 4

watching the first video i thought this game would look awesome but after the pictures they released today the environment really looks like shit except for the clouds

Originally posted by aggie915

watching the first video i thought this game would look awesome but after the pictures they released today the environment really looks like shit except for the clouds

You have to remember this is still beta, hight quality textures and features are not implimented yet, wait till release to judge.

• aggie915aggie915 Member Posts: 4

yeah i know but i would wait to release the screen shots myself, or at least something that looks better than what they have released. I myself depend on screen shots and videos on whether im hyped up for the game enough to give it a chance and with so many other good looking games coming out like SWTOR and APB, it puts MO on the bottom of the totem pole

Originally posted by aggie915

yeah i know but i would wait to release the screen shots myself, or at least something that looks better than what they have released. I myself depend on screen shots and videos on whether im hyped up for the game enough to give it a chance and with so many other good looking games coming out like SWTOR and APB, it puts MO on the bottom of the totem pole

APB and SWTOR wont be out till late next year at the earliest, MO will release before than so like I said wait till release I don't look at the picture itself I look at what possibilities are there.

• joeballsjoeballs Member UncommonPosts: 163
    Originally posted by JohnCreed

Originally posted by joshe

Originally posted by Toquio3

I would consider playing this, but the 1st person crap in a rpg completely turns me off. shame, the game looks good.
    Then why don't you do it ?

Plenty successful fpv rpgs on the market, so don't call it a crap just because it doesn't fit in your click style minion control system.

That's an incredibly stupid comment you just made. Some people don't like first person view locked MMO's. Period. They shouldn't play them and it's the risk the developers take when they choose to use such a camera view.

Is it true that this game will "lock" you into first person view? The has to be one of the dumbest decisions a designer could make. With no peripheral vision, it will be a tedious disadvantage to every player in the game. Doh!

Every character-based game should allow you to zoom out to over-the-head perspective and then zoom all the way in to first person. WTF is the big deal?

• kobietrumankobietruman Member Posts: 105
    Originally posted by joeballs

I would consider playing this, but the 1st person crap in a rpg completely turns me off. shame, the game looks good.

Plenty successful fpv rpgs on the market, so don't call it a crap just because it doesn't fit in your click style minion control system.

That's an incredibly stupid comment you just made. Some people don't like first person view locked MMO's. Period. They shouldn't play them and it's the risk the developers take when they choose to use such a camera view.

Is it true that this game will "lock" you into first person view? The has to be one of the dumbest decisions a designer could make. With no peripheral vision, it will be a tedious disadvantage to every player in the game. Doh!

Every character-based game should allow you to zoom out to over-the-head perspective and then zoom all the way in to first person. WTF is the big deal?

some of us are interested in this game for just the reason you do not - and since everyone will have the same "vision" where is the disadvantage

Originally posted by joeballs

lol, I wish this was sarcastic.... So because they are actually going for realism its a stupid decision. Some people actually enjoy it and it ends up hightening the experience because your not a doll in a game, you can place yourself in the game. If 3rd person is your thing fine, your missing out on a bunch of good games that use your so called dumb decisions.