Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The graphics are amazing

ghoul31ghoul31 Member Posts: 1,955

Get a new computer folks.

Comments

• Toquio3Toquio3 Member Posts: 1,074

I would consider playing this, but the 1st person crap in a rpg completely turns me off. shame, the game looks good.

If you stand VERY still, and close your eyes, after a minute you can actually FEEL the universe revolving around PvP.

• altairzqaltairzq Member Posts: 3,811

No way.

• joshejoshe Member Posts: 379

Originally posted by Toquio3
    I would consider playing this, but the 1st person crap in a rpg completely turns me off. shame, the game looks good.
    Then why don't you do it ?
    Plenty successful fpv rpgs on the market, so don't call it a crap just because it doesn't fit in your click style minion control system.

--
    /thread

Remember, your advantage lies in your opponent's weakness (J)

• JohnCreedJohnCreed Member CommonPosts: 67
    Originally posted by joshe

Originally posted by Toquio3

Then why don't you do it ?

Plenty successful fpv rpgs on the market, so don't call it a crap just because it doesn't fit in your click style minion control system.

That's an incredibly stupid comment you just made. Some people don't like first person view locked MMO's. Period. They shouldn't play them and it's the risk the developers take when they choose to use such a camera view.

• NizurNizur Member CommonPosts: 1,417

From what little I've seen, the graphics do look pretty nice. I've got high hopes for MO. I'm holding off on buying it until it's released though.

Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN

• MokweeMokwee Member Posts: 286

Isn't MO going to be Free2Play? Or was that Eearthrise? I don't think it was Earthrise... In either case... MO seems to be the new "I would follow you into the mists of avalon, if that's what you mean"

In either case, MO seems to be looking like a really great game people can latch onto and call their baby!

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

It's the game play that makes upgrading worth doing.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658

Upgrade my PC? for what?

I still play UO and have gone back to Eve and Ryzom.

With the track record of indy sandbox games MO will release buggy and a bit lacking features wise. Also most sandbox games require a bit of time for players to flesh out the world a bit to make it feel more alive.

Much like DF and now FE it will take a decent amount of time for any of these games to live up to their potential.

I'll try MO 6-12 months after release just like DF and FE.

No upgrade needed atm.

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum

• MMOGuruMMOGuru Member Posts: 50

Visually MO doesn't even compare to Vanguard.  As for the features... good luck.  This game is vaporware.  The graphics aren't even close to what the U3 engine and Grome can produce but the developers don't have enough experience to even make the game look nice let alone finish all the promised features.  The massiveLOD system they are banking on is just a basic feature in the U3 engine they modded.  In fact I am pretty sure this whole game is just a splatter of mods put together.  I don't think any of the devs know the difference.

There is really nothing stunning about this project at all.  Just a bunch of Indy hype from delusional fanbois who wouldn't know a good game if it bit them in an uncomfortable place.

• joshejoshe Member Posts: 379

Originally posted by JohnCreed

That's an incredibly stupid comment you just made. Some people don't like first person view locked MMO's. Period. They shouldn't play them and it's the risk the developers take when they choose to use such a camera view.

Could you repeat the part: "it's the risk the developers take when they choose to use such a camera view" ?
    Seems to me , that if this is so risky, for example gothic series would end up on 2nd part, oblivion wouldn't be so successful, not to mention thief (although opinions are splitted), dark messiah, zeno clash, mirrors edge, and others.

It's simple, fpv games aren't dedicated for mass market, although mirrors edge is a box-office hit published by EA.

Still trying to step on my intelligence ?
    You failed hard.

As long as there will be players willing to p(l)ay a certain type of game, somebody will develop it.

--
    /thread

Remember, your advantage lies in your opponent's weakness (J)

• MokweeMokwee Member Posts: 286
    Originally posted by metalhead980

With the track record of indy sandbox games MO will release buggy and a bit lacking features wise.

What MMO these days does release buggy as all hell and lacking most features they touted before release?

It seems it is a prerequisite for any mmo nowadays. Crappy release, Lie about features, Put false crap on the game box ala Age of Conan lol.

Originally posted by joshe

Originally posted by JohnCreed

Could you repeat the part: "it's the risk the developers take when they choose to use such a camera view" ?

Seems to me , that if this is so risky, for example gothic series would end up on 2nd part, oblivion wouldn't be so successful, not to mention thief (although opinions are splitted), dark messiah, zeno clash, mirrors edge, and others.

It's simple, fpv games aren't dedicated for mass market, although mirrors edge is a box-office hit published by EA.

Still trying to step on my intelligence ?

You failed hard.

As long as there will be players willing to p(l)ay a certain type of game, somebody will develop it.

The main difference though is all those games are real games developed by real studios.  MO is just a tech demo.

• ghoul31ghoul31 Member Posts: 1,955
    Originally posted by MMOGuru

Visually MO doesn't even compare to Vanguard.  As for the features... good luck.  This game is vaporware. 

You obviously haven't played MO. IF you did you would know that the graphics blow Vanguard away. And people are already playing MO and enjoying it. So to say its vaporware is absurd.

• Einstein-DFEinstein-DF Member Posts: 752

Very heated discussion from one small comment

I'm taking notes ghoul for my next trollin' threads

You obviously haven't seen a real game before.  Being a combat beta and continuing tester (because SV cannot block your account even if you get a refund) I can assure you that your delusions will never be made substantial.

• metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658
    Originally posted by Mokwee

Originally posted by metalhead980

With the track record of indy sandbox games MO will release buggy and a bit lacking features wise.

What MMO these days does release buggy as all hell and lacking most features they touted before release?

It seems it is a prerequisite for any mmo nowadays. Crappy release, Lie about features, Put false crap on the game box ala Age of Conan lol.

AAA games have no excuse if they release a game in a shitty state but indy,under funded devs have no choice.

AV ran out of money and you can sure as hell bet that the devs of Fallen earth are rushing their game out too early also.

Eve was the same back in the day. All sandbox games release like this.

While AAA games( good ones anyway) release in a very nice state I'll use Lotro as an example of a game that released in a state sandbox games only dream of.

Give sandbox games 6+ months, it's always been like this.

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum

You obviously haven't seen a real game before.  Being a combat beta and continuing tester (because SV cannot block your account even if you get a refund) I can assure you that your delusions will never be made substantial.

The people who are playing it are enjoying it. So you are the one who is delusional.

Originally posted by ghoul31

The people who are playing it are enjoying it. So you are the one who is delusional.

All 50/10000 supposed testers who actually play the beta are enjoying it?  Good for them to be able to find fun in something so trivial.

Just in case you missed it Hen made up that press release.  No one on the forums or in game is suggesting they actually like the game.  The argument for MO is all about how things could get better since nearly all of the core features are not even in the game yet.

Don't tell lies just because the internet protects you.

The argument for MO is all about how things could get better since nearly all of the core features are not even in the game yet.

Crafting is in. Gathering is in. Mobs are in. PVP is in. Full looting is in.They just added magic today. So most of the core features are in. You are the one who is lying.

The argument for MO is all about how things could get better since nearly all of the core features are not even in the game yet.

Crafting is in. Gathering is in. Mobs are in. PVP is in. Full looting is in.They just added magic today. So most of the core features are in. You are the one who is lying.

You're not even in the beta are you lol.  Crafting is a placeholder NPC because the system is not even close to being finished and everyone who's bothered to read the forums or the patch notes (not protected by NDA) can tell you that.  Full Loot is broken (still also in patch notes).  Magic is in as a placeholder as well (also clearly printed in the patch notes not protected by NDA).  And none of the other features are in or working like the flagging system, the economy, housing, mounts, crafting mini games, combat abilities, second teir skills, etc....

And there are a grand total of 10 mobs in the game in extremely limited spawns because they can't get the massiveLOD system to work.

All of this is public knowledge and not protected by NDA.  Why are you trying to argue it?

You're not even in the beta are you lol.  Crafting is a placeholder NPC because the system is not even close to being finished and everyone who's bothered to read the forums or the patch notes (not protected by NDA) can tell you that.  Full Loot is broken (still also in patch notes).  Magic is in as a placeholder as well (also clearly printed in the patch notes not protected by NDA).  And none of the other features are in or working like the flagging system, the economy, housing, mounts, crafting mini games, combat abilities, second teir skills, etc....
    And there are a grand total of 10 mobs in the game in extremely limited spawns because they can't get the massiveLOD system to work.
    All of this is public knowledge and not protected by NDA.  Why are you trying to argue it?

None of those things are totally complete, but yes they are all in the game. You can craft, you can gather, you can do pvp, you can kill mobs. So what are you trying to argue? That the game isn't 100% complete as of right now? Of course it isn't. Its beta and this game won't be released for many months.

You aren't making any sense.

None of those things are totally complete, but yes they are all in the game. You can craft, you can gather, you can do pvp, you can kill mobs. So what are you trying to argue? That the game isn't 100% complete as of right now? Of course it isn't. Its beta and this game won't be released for many months.

How did your claim that "Most of the core features are in" turn to this trolling dribble.  That's what isn't making sense.  You try to claim most of the core features are in the game, yet everyone who has bothered to read the official forums knows that 90% of the core features are not turned on, or covered by a placeholder.

Why do you people come to real MMO communities to spout your useless nonsense.  Nobody likes a fanboi.

You can't craft.  All you can do is bring parts to an NPC and select the item to make.  The features promised were a full on crafting mini game.  Hense crafting is not in.  You can PvP but all the systems promised to govern FFA PvP are not in so it's also just a placeholder.  And the gamespace availible is virtually empty because the massiveLOD system is broken.  So they can only populate the game with a limited number of mobs and NPCs or the clients will explode.

Please stop pretending you know anything about this project.  It's clear you are just making stuff up based on second hand info, or are a delusional fanboi (aka Mats tehdoosh) trying to trick people into looking at this vaporware.

How did your claim that "Most of the core features are in" turn to this trolling dribble.  That's what isn't making sense.  You try to claim most of the core features are in the game, yet everyone who has bothered to read the official forums knows that 90% of the core features are not turned on, or covered by a placeholder.
    Why do you people come to real MMO communities to spout your useless nonsense.  Nobody likes a fanboi.
    You can't craft.  All you can do is bring parts to an NPC and select the item to make.  The features promised were a full on crafting mini game.  Hense crafting is not in.  You can PvP but all the systems promised to govern FFA PvP are not in so it's also just a placeholder.  And the gamespace availible is virtually empty because the massiveLOD system is broken.  So they can only populate the game with a limited number of mobs and NPCs or the clients will explode.
    Please stop pretending you know anything about this project.  It's clear you are just making stuff up based on second hand info, or are a delusional fanboi (aka Mats tehdoosh) trying to trick people into looking at this vaporware.

Like I said, the stuff is in , but it isn't complete. You don't seem to understand that the game is still in beta. You think its released or something.  You are just making yourself look foolish.

Even in its current state, I would rather play MO than WOW.

• redlanceredlance Member Posts: 35

"Why do you guys come to real MMO communities"?? 

Is there a group of fake mmo conspirators that you think are forming against you? lol

• NizurNizur Member CommonPosts: 1,417

Nobody likes a fanboi.

No one likes a troll either.

The game is a true beta. Not some marketing, free preview "beta".

Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN