Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trying AoC out...

I'm a few days into the trial and playing on the Set server.  The game is fine but I have yet to speak to another player.  Yeah they are around but I have yet to get anyone to say a single word to me.  Is everyone talking in global channels that I can't access yet or are AoC players really this antisocial? :-)

Comments

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188

If you can't read global chat or don't see it then you are not subscribed to it. Right click the chat window and look for subscribe, I think that is the right one, and follow it to global and see if it is checked.

Since you are on the trial I don't think you can send tells or chat in global. If there are other restrictions I don't know about then. You can chat in the /trial channel. It is global and some people have that on. I don't think it is on by default.

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

• Larry2298Larry2298 Member Posts: 865
    Originally posted by goatc0re

I'm a few days into the trial and playing on the Set server.  The game is fine but I have yet to speak to another player.  Yeah they are around but I have yet to get anyone to say a single word to me.  Is everyone talking in global channels that I can't access yet or are AoC players really this antisocial? :-)

No time to talk.  People are rushing to play like there is no tomorrow. No social in AOC.

• ThornrageThornrage Member UncommonPosts: 659

Trial accounts cannot talk in Global chat.  Most have trial chat turned off because most of us thought they discontinued the trial.

"I don't give a sh*t what other people say. I play what I like and I'll pay to do it too!" - SerialMMOist

• TartayTartay Member Posts: 43

Ya beware of what you ask for with general chat.  I am on wicanna and the chat can get pretty rowdy and just pain stupid sometimes.  Although if you want some real stupid chat head on over to Tyranny and see the douchbaggery that is a pvp server's general chat.

• goatc0regoatc0re Member Posts: 27

Do you mean stupid as in silly or stupid as in !!!l33tx0rhaxcanhazcheezburger!!222 ?

Silly is fine with me I'm quite silly myself :)

• DraccanDraccan Member Posts: 1,050

That's funny. I spoke to people, and got help from those who ganked me even. I find people very communicative...

• DanitaKusorDanitaKusor Member UncommonPosts: 556

Yes no chat in global for trial players unfortunately.  I don't even think you can whisper other players unless you are on their friends list. You can still view global chat I believe, but you will need to suscribe to the channel first (opening it in a new tab on your chat window is a good idea). A lot of people in the game chat on global or in guild chat and if you have a question or query people will usually try to help you.

The Enlightened take things Lightly