Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[poll] WoW lite

(WoW with lesser system requirements)

I dunno, it's just an idea

Comments

• flabairflabair Member Posts: 188

hi, umm i would say against as they would have to almost remake the game for the lower specs

• eeargyeeargy Member Posts: 300

WoW already has very low system requirements compared to most of todays try-hard games. What kind of system specs are you running?

• MythsterMythster Member Posts: 95

yeah, WoW's specs aren't very high, just run everything at lower settings if your computer has trouble.

• Shai'tanShai'tan Member Posts: 78

I'm playing at a:

Pentium 4
    256 MB RAM
    32 MB video card

There is not much disk space left but...

• eeargyeeargy Member Posts: 300

My friend... It's time to upgrade. ::::39::

• archonfuryarchonfury Member Posts: 139

Don't tell me you have dial up also... You can get a very high end gaming machine for around 800 bucks. I'm sure you can afford that. If not, you shouldn't buy WoW especially with its montly fees.

>B=()
    >8()

>B=()
    >8()

I've got 3.3 Mbs internet ;).
    Internet is almost faster than computer ;)

I'm gonna buy a new computer in January.

• MrViceMrVice Member Posts: 197

As someone from Bilizzard told me when I was complaining about performance issues, upgrade your memory.  If your running 1 gig or better you shouldn't notice much slowdown, even with a low end graphics card.

• SporkFireSporkFire Member Posts: 5
    The system req. are already low enough.

"I don't have to die if I don't want to" -SporkFire

• DevilHawkDevilHawk Member Posts: 179

Originally posted by Shai'tan
    I've got 3.3 Mbs internet ;).Internet is almost faster than computer ;)
    I'm gonna buy a new computer in January.

Dont buy, build your own!::::40::

And yes, your computer will make a decent voice chat server or something around those lines.... while you build yourself a gaming rig::::02::

• DelsusDelsus Member Posts: 58

The game has very low specs if you compare it to EQII which will require a 128mb graphics card and a better processor speed. Wow still looks the best overall.

• SlazerSlazer Member Posts: 251
    Blizzard even expects the final system requirements to be LOWER than the current ones after they work everything out.  For how low they are already, WoW looks amazing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    When life hands you lemons, you clone those lemons and make super lemons!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    When life hands you lemons, you clone those lemons and make super lemons!

• AdoraAdora Member Posts: 320
    I voted against. I am happy to hear you are getting another computer in January. Their requirements are already low enough. And do as someone else suggested, BUILD YOUR OWN!! You can get more for your money. If you don't know how to do it, see if a friend of yours that may know is willing to help you out.image

• moukinmoukin Member Posts: 278

I'm playing at a:
    Pentium 4
    256 MB RAM
    32 MB video card

I played the stress test on an 800MHz, 256 ram, 32mb Geforce 2.  Ran just fine with the graphics on medium settings.

can't you delete a post? image

• DrolletjeDrolletje Member Posts: 15

You really have to BUILD your computer

my 5 years old computer is equal to that

• akibaruakibaru Member Posts: 44

most idiotic suggestion ever, WOW a 2004/2005 game runs smoother on my and my brothers computer than Anarchy Online, Dark age of camelot, city of heroes, swg and more.

My brothers comp is a 1.4ghz amd athlon, 512sd ram, a crappy geforce 4 mx card ( cheap version).
    Not only is this a crappy computer but its also 5 years old except the geforce its "only" 3 years old.
    This computer runs wow smooth at 1025x 700 something. I was completly stunned by this since most other new games are rather unplayable.

With my 2.5hz p4, 512 ddr, geforce4 Ti 4200 128 it runs extremly well. For example during the stresstest when all the servers except some few crashed, everyone would make new chars on the servers meaning that around 200ppl would be in the noobieground (standing around a mob to get ques). In any other game i know of, this would have given me extremly high ping + lag my computer. but actually i could flip/rotate my character like crazy and still have no computer lag at all.

So to conclude... Wow is just amazing and blizzard are great:)
    great smooth graphics with extremly low reqs

Wow is already lite superduper deluxe edition imo:)

• LaneoLaneo Member Posts: 359

I dont think they will revamp the system for lower specs...why?

1. It will cost more to lower the specs for the entire game which in turn will cost Blizzard Thousands if not more.

2. One or a thousand people need to just go upgrade their system or buy a new one for around $1,500

Dont think Blizzard will worry about a minority of those that still are living in the 90's (Computerwise).

These games and graphics are now and in the future, not the past. I understand that not many might be able to afford new systems, but if you wanna play WoW bad enough...go back to step 2 above:) 

Nobody is perfect...My name is Nobody

• ArkainArkain Member UncommonPosts: 491

I'm playing at a:
    Pentium 4
    256 MB RAM
    32 MB video card

You may want to clean up your hah drive.

This is what the FAQ says (this may not be the current stats):

World of Warcraft has NOT yet been optimized for many hardware configurations. The system requirements are expected to be lower for the final shipping version of the game, specifically in regards to processor speed and video card memory requirements. The system specifications listed below are for the World of Warcraft® beta only. The World of Warcraft® Beta test has the following requirements:

A 56K or higher modem with an internet connection.

Windows® System/OS:

• 800 Mhz or higher CPU.
    • 256 Megabytes or more of RAM.
    • Geforce 2 Graphics Card or better.
    • 3 Gigabytes or more of available hard drive space.
    • DirectX® 9.0 or above.