Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Well... Is the game FUN? How excited are you about Aion?

mortharxmortharx Member Posts: 293

Well is it? And if so then WHY / WHY NOT?

R.I.P Chikaca Whachuchuimage

Comments

• mortharxmortharx Member Posts: 293

I would be interested hearing some MMO PVP vets comments about the game. Thanks!

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

I havn't has as much PVP fun since DAOC.

Excited yes and can't wait for release.

But currently  left with a empty void that no gaming is fulfilling.   Anything I load up just isn't Aion and gets turned of after 10 minutes even Aion open beta won't be Aion as i know the wipes coming so most likely won't be bothering with it and just waiting release.

Edited for the grammar nazi's

• IHateMmosIHateMmos Member Posts: 4

in what guild are you then?? , just curious

Played:
    Silkroad
    Guildwars
    Lotro
    The chronicles of spellborn (RIP)
    Warhammer

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Originally posted by mortharx

I would be interested hearing some MMO PVP vets comments about the game. Thanks!

Well, I don't think I'm a pvp vet but been playing Lineage 2 since 2004.

The game is not a hardcore pvp game. It is also not a complete pve game.

I see players complaining about the whole ganking thing but the reality is that you are going to have a huge group of allies running around the area looking for the opposite side. If anything it's the invading force that is going to have to worry as they are going to be very outnumbered.

Personally I don't think it's a big deal and one can avoid pvp if one wants as long as you are not too proud to run or port out.

but if you get killed nothing bad happens except that you lose abyss points. If one doesn't care about the abyss and abyss gear then it's a non-issue.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • praizepraize Member UncommonPosts: 10

Yeah, it really is alot of fun and I honestly didn't want to like this game.  Simply put, I don't like the art style of Aion. 

It's nothing against the art style in particular, just that typically when I see a game with the same style as Aion red flags go up and I just assume that it will be a waste of my money to try it out.  I had basically written off Aion.  A few weeks ago a friend got in touch with me and told me I should try it.

I decided to go drop the 5$/box on the preorder and picked up a few preorder sets for my family and myself.  I was very surprised that the game was actually really fun to play.  I hate seeing the personal vendors, but aside from that minor gripe the game is great.

• xiirotxiirot Fallen Earth CorrespondentMember Posts: 328
    Originally posted by thamighty213

I havent has as much PVP fun since DAOC.

Excited yes but left with a empty void that no gaming is fulfilling anything I load up just isnt Aion and gets turned of quite sharply even Aion open beta won;t be Aion as i know the wipes coming so most likely won't be bothering it I just want release to come.

huh?

Anyway, I'm sure there's a lot of folks who really like this game, I'm just not one of them.

"Good people are good because they've come to wisdom through failure. We get very little wisdom from success, you know." William Saroyan

Originally posted by Carnivorous

I am a top gvg player in GW and I wouldn't touch this. This game suffers from oversimplified combat system and  non competitive nature. It's just like WoW with an army of fanbois trying to deny it on daily basis.

I think there will be competition as their is a ladder system just like Guild Wars. As far as the combat system it's the same as guild wars, press a button and release an ability. It doesn't seem to be as robust as guild wars in that guild wars allows one to not only mix and match abilities for your class but to also include abilities from another class.

Sure, there is the stigma system in Aion but I have no first hand experience with this.

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

This game suffers from oversimplified combat system and  non competitive nature. It's just like WoW with an army of fanbois trying to deny it on daily basis.

Ouch that doesn't sound too good! How simplified are we talking about? Is it really on bar with WOW?

This game suffers from oversimplified combat system and  non competitive nature. It's just like WoW with an army of fanbois trying to deny it on daily basis.

Ouch that doesn't sound too good! How simplified are we talking about? Is it really on bar with WOW?

I would say it's similar in some ways. Though quite frankly it's also similar to lineage 2 in that you press a button and launch an ability.

It's a typical mmo.

I found WOW more challenging and intriguing than this game...

"Good people are good because they've come to wisdom through failure. We get very little wisdom from success, you know." William Saroyan

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

no not at all and Im betting that poster hasnt even played Abyss PVP or got past level 10.

Combat is very well done with the combo system and a good team get combo's timing right and you can really lay out some pain as a team get them wrong and its still good sustainable DPS but you well get reamed by a good group.

The simple fact one of my skill's can open one of your skill's and vice versa is awesome.

• FkinglinuxFkinglinux Member Posts: 156

It might be on the bar with wow as how pvp gear was originally obtained. I personally liked WoWs original pvp ranking system, 1 rank 14 etc, AION seems to be set up similarly. Hopefully though it will be a little less time intensive and a little more skill based.

• JonMichaelJonMichael Member Posts: 796
    Originally posted by xiirot

Bwahahahahahahahaha... sorry, that was funny.

Currently: AION, an MMO Beta under NDA
    Played: WAR, LOTRO, Hellgate: London, CoX, GW, SotNW, DAOC, EQ2, SWG, WoW, AO, Horizons, Second Life, There, TSO
    Beta'd: There, Second Life, EQ2, DAOC:LotM, LOTRO, Tabula Rasa, Gods and Heroes, Hellgate: London, Requiem:Bloodymare, AoC, WAR, DDO, Fallen Earth

• azokukevlarazokukevlar Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by JonMichael

Ok seriously xiirot, none of you guys have played patch 1.5.0 there is so much being added, WE ONLY PLAYED THE BETA, and truthfully this is better than any mmo i have played.... the only thing i would like to see them add is personal homes... or even a guild home....

People always tell me I should be a comedian...

Originally posted by thamighty213  Originally posted by mortharx

Combat is very well done with the combo system and a good team get combo's timing right and you can really lay out some pain as a team get them wrong and its still good sustainable DPS but you well get reamed by a good group.

The simple fact one of my skill's can open one of your skill's and vice versa is awesome.

That does sound like EQ2 heroic opportunity system.. Didn't like that one bit. Is it similar?

• dreldrel Member Posts: 918

PvP is best since DaOC! Continually have to watch your back! Server didn't crash either with lots in the pvp as it would with DaOC, so it can handle allot of people online

Originally posted by azokukevlar

Ok seriously xiirot, none of you guys have played patch 1.5.0 there is so much being added, WE ONLY PLAYED THE BETA, and truthfully this is better than any mmo i have played.... the only thing i would like to see them add is personal homes... or even a guild home....

You are partially correct.  I didn't play the US beta, but I did play the Chinese retail.  I gave it a good 15 hours of gameplay (which I will admit isn't a lot), and found myself getting bored very quickly.  Maybe it's a lot better in US, but I have a feeling the same linear gameplay is still there.  I may try it again when they release a trial for US, but until then, I will stay on the sidelines and play games that I actually enjoy playing.

• uidLuc1duidLuc1d Member UncommonPosts: 194

Excited yes but left with a empty void that no gaming is fulfilling anything I load up just isnt Aion and gets turned of quite sharply even Aion open beta won;t be Aion as i know the wipes coming so most likely won't be bothering it I just want release to come.

Holy crap!

You just DESTROYED the English language there.

• JonMichaelJonMichael Member Posts: 796
    Originally posted by azokukevlar

I think I've read that housing is coming in the future. 

I laughed at xiirot's post because nothing is LESS challenging and intriguing than WoW. ;)

Currently: AION, an MMO Beta under NDA
    Played: WAR, LOTRO, Hellgate: London, CoX, GW, SotNW, DAOC, EQ2, SWG, WoW, AO, Horizons, Second Life, There, TSO
    Beta'd: There, Second Life, EQ2, DAOC:LotM, LOTRO, Tabula Rasa, Gods and Heroes, Hellgate: London, Requiem:Bloodymare, AoC, WAR, DDO, Fallen Earth

• KillerEwokKillerEwok Member UncommonPosts: 118
    Originally posted by uidLuc1d

Holy crap!

You just DESTROYED the English language there.

honestly its not that hard to understand.

I play pvp to beat other ppl not to farm gear. I play it to get better. Aion doesn't provide this.
    Aion has low level skill cap. And yes I have played chanter to lvl 30 and been to Abyss so I know what I am talking about. I didn't expect it to beat GW combat in any way but I rly didn't think it would be so bad either.
    There are no interrupts (just passive ones), no prot skills (green bars go up style of healing), no antispike measures... nothing. Just deal X dmg, heal X dmg, root person X for Y sec type of combat. Well I don't call it challenging or hard to master.

I will agree with you there. that is something that GW shines in and that would be a great addition to any game.

Originally posted by Sovrath

I play pvp to beat other ppl not to farm gear. I play it to get better. Aion doesn't provide this.
    Aion has low level skill cap. And yes I have played chanter to lvl 30 and been to Abyss so I know what I am talking about. I didn't expect it to beat GW combat in any way but I rly didn't think it would be so bad either.
    There are no interrupts (just passive ones), no prot skills (green bars go up style of healing), no antispike measures... nothing. Just deal X dmg, heal X dmg, root person X for Y sec type of combat. Well I don't call it challenging or hard to master.

I will agree with you there. that is something that GW shines in and that would be a great addition to any game.

From my understanding chanter does have anti-spike skills and protection spells.

Originally posted by Fkinglinux

Originally posted by Sovrath

From my understanding chanter does have anti-spike skills and protection spells.

No they don't. I have read all skills in Aion armory. Passive mantras and absorb shields are not active protection skills which would require any skill to use. Protection spell is for instance +75% block, lasting 5 sec. So if u see 3 glads swarming on some guy u can preprot him so he won't receive that much dmg (and those glads will have to change their target). This requires a healer to watch the field 24/7 which is not the case in Aion. In Aion nothing rly forces u to change ur target.

I could have sworn seeing a spell that was a 40% absorb or something along those lines. I'll have to recheck.

This among other comments have me very worried... Just another dime a dozen.. sounds like it's aimed for the masses another simple game with a nice frosting on it?