Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game is refreshing.

MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

This game is refreshing. It may have its issues. But its otherwise fun, and refreshing in its world, combat, and setting. Love mounts, LOVE the crafting system. Some really good steps forward in this game. Been a joy to play so far.

----------
"Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

Comments

• spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367

So, if one wanted to try this game out now, is that still possible?

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615
    Originally posted by spankybus

So, if one wanted to try this game out now, is that still possible?

Don't think so, its about to launch. the 9th for pre-order the 15 for everyone else.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• twhinttwhint Member UncommonPosts: 559

Well, you have today to play it. Open Beta ends tomorrow.

Well, you have today and tomorrow to play it. Open Beta ends tomorrow at midnight.

• spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367

bummer. How how does it play? Does it feel like fallout?

The art sort of reminds me of hte Matrix online, expect its a different theme of course. But somehow i feel a relationship. /shrug

Sort of interested, but I wasn't trying a new MMO until FF14.....just a bit jaded on mmo's lately....tey're all starting to feel the same.

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

Originally posted by spankybus

bummer. How how does it play? Does it feel like fallout?

The art sort of reminds me of hte Matrix online, expect its a different theme of course. But somehow i feel a relationship. /shrug

Sort of interested, but I wasn't trying a new MMO until FF14.....just a bit jaded on mmo's lately....tey're all starting to feel the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2RznPEzK0A (Note, only shows early mobs and combat, but even at low levels, look at the AI strafe and move to avoid your shots)

Feels like a FPS, with an RPG back-end (except for aim) with a touch of fallout, SWG, and a heap of exploration.

This game tickles my crafting, exploration, indi, SWG-PreCU, and twitch places, and has me excited about its PvP play.

I think this is possibly the best iteration of a FPS/RPG combat system hybrid I have ever come across, better than Tabula Rasa, better than ######## ######. I really enjoy that aim has only you to blame and not random roles. Despite it being a bit rough around the edges.

----------

How are you?" -Me

• PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102

Yea Fallen Earth is a pretty cool game imo! Im dont like crafting so its not my kind of game but I enjoyed trying it out.

Sadly its very unpolished and the combat doenst feel very good so alot of people will be turned off. I really hope this game can survive and I wish the devs good luck.

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

• triprunnertriprunner Member Posts: 169

graphics are sub-par to what we consider standard in games today; it's a theme park the only sandbox element is crafting; combat is not very well thought out;  no open world PvP; feels like a cheap Fallout 3 knock off...

didnt like it and moved on, another game from a poor indy dev who wanted the best and ended up with mediocre.

Originally posted by triprunner

graphics are sub-par to what we consider standard in games today; it's a theme park the only sandbox element is crafting; combat is not very well though out;  no open world PvP; feels like a cheap Fallout 3 knock off...
    didnt like it and moved on, another game from a poor indy dev who wanted the best and ended up with mediocre.

Graphics are fine, and considering the view distance, and the fact everything has an interior, exceptional when you look at all the things going on and the picture as a whole and realize this is a mmo we are talking about.

It has a graphical styling of Halflife two.

The game is incredibly sand-boxy, from crafting, to skills/stats use. Yes, there are also quests so it is like the best of both worlds, but most allow you to finish it any way you want. There is open world PvP, you just didn't get there.

Not sure how you could call it a fallout knock off, unless fallout if your ONLY point of reference for post-apocalyptic settings. Because it feels like, a post-apocalyptic world, that has its own take on that setting.

----------

How are you?" -Me

It plays a lot like a standard MMO, but it has very long travel times and combat is an amalgam of FPS and MMORPG. You have to aim at the mob with a crosshair to hit it, so you can't just hit autoattack and face it. This makes it feel like you're actually doing something. The quests can  get a little repetitious, but if you've got people to play with, it's not so bad. As someone said, the crafting is really cool, based on time spent, rather than having to stay someplace to do it. Let's say you want to make motorcycle tires. It takes 4 hours to make, but after you start crafting it, you can do anything else you want. Quests, combat, wait, etc. You can even log out and it'll still continue crafting. I also like the idea of scavenge nodes all over the place.

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

If you never tried a sandbox type mmorpg before and you are used to the linear theme park mmorpgs, you will be lost in this game and thats for sure. If you dont like to figure things out yourself and need told what to do, this game isnt for you or at least some of you.

Whats makes sandox mmo's so unique is the immersion factor, there is no quick jumps from zone to another, there is no powerleveling, there is not too many instances, you actually develop your character from the get go and can be unique from someone elses character when it comes to stats.

Its really hard to have a cookie cutter template at this point in the game, since there is no respecs, so everyone character will have plus and minuses in different areas on his or her stats.

If you like games like the classic Anarchy Online, SWG and Eve Online, you will notice some similarites in gameplay. The only thing close to a theme park in this game is the quest system, also there are many roads to leveling, combat and crafting.

There are PvP zones in the game, the game will tell you that your entering that type of Zone, why would people even go to these zones? You guessed it, crafting material. If your looking for a Full Loot PvP or Open World PvP lets gank the newbs, this isnt the game and Darkfall is over there ------>

Its best to read about a game like this first before jumping in, at least you will know what to expect. This game mechanics isnt for everybody, you either going to love it or hate it, there is no in between.

• DinionDinion Member Posts: 879
    Originally posted by Mrbloodworth
    Not sure how you could call it a fallout knock off, unless fallout if your ONLY point of reference for post-apocalyptic settings. Because it feels like, a post-apocalyptic world, that has its own take on that setting.

Fallout is just a knock off of Mad Max :P lol

----------------------------------
    MMOs Retired From: Earth and Beyond, Project Entropia, There, A Tale in the Desert, Star Wars Galaxies, World of Warcraft, Eve Online, City of Heroes/Villains.

MMOs Currently (worth) Playing: None.

MMO hopefuls: Age of Conan.

• KhalathwyrKhalathwyr Member UncommonPosts: 3,133

This game is refreshing. It may have its issues. But its otherwise fun, and refreshing in its world, combat, and setting. Love mounts, LOVE the crafting system. Some really good steps forward in this game. Been a joy to play so far.

Glad to see you liked it. Guess that means I'll see you in game on the 9th or the 15th.

Oh, and I'm excited about the possible PvP later on as well. Not just the Conflict towns, either. I mean the possibility of Icarus adding sectors that are like 0.0 space in EvE. Sectors that players can band together and capture significant portions of and administrate them. No promises of this, but I can see this community asking for it (especially with me kicking and screaming for it, lol).

"Many nights, my friend... Many nights I've put a blade to your throat while you were sleeping. Glad I never killed you, Steve. You're alright..."

Chavez y Chavez

Originally posted by Khalathwyr

Glad to see you liked it. Guess that means I'll see you in game on the 9th or the 15th.
    Oh, and I'm excited about the possible PvP later on as well. Not just the Conflict towns, either. I mean the possibility of Icarus adding sectors that are like 0.0 space in EvE. Sectors that players can band together and capture significant portions of and administrate them. No promises of this, but I can see this community asking for it (especially with me kicking and screaming for it, lol).

Yeah I have noticed on the official forums, it is a hot topic..

• enzymeenzyme Member UncommonPosts: 464
    Originally posted by HiGHPLaiNS

If you like games like the classic Anarchy Online, SWG and Eve Online, you will notice some similarites in gameplay. The only thing close to a theme park in this game is the quest system, also there are many roads to leveling, combat and crafting. 

I am still trying to craft my token board:) haven't found the recipie

Current Games:

Originally posted by enzyme

ROFL! I hear ya enzyme..

Token board?

----------

How are you?" -Me

• enzymeenzyme Member UncommonPosts: 464

Token board?

Anarchy Online reference

Current Games:

• VarnyVarny Member Posts: 765

I don't like the combat I'd prefer if they just did the standard MMO combat because the manual aim thing plays alot like SWG and it just doesn't work. If you're gonna do FPS combat then please do it right like a Counter Strike or something where you can actually miss by them moving out of the way.

I also don't like the character models they have poor animations and are very ugly. For me to play the game they'd have to redo them and put alot of effort into the animations like motion cap or whatever.

The game needs seamless player housing and player cities which would defo make me interested because I've wanted that ever since SWG got ruined.

Originally posted by Varny

If you're gonna do FPS combat then please do it right like a Counter Strike or something where you can actually miss by them moving out of the way.

This is what happens now......

----------

How are you?" -Me

• VarnyVarny Member Posts: 765

Dunno when I played aslong as your cursor was on them you can't miss and theres no hitboxes or anything. Also theres no feedback on the weapons they feel flat and like theres no power to them which ruins an FPS. I also think the reload animation is very poor like it's being done by a robot or something. It feels like a really bad Source Mod that way where their reloading and shooting animations are really really poor.

The running animation is also really poor it doesn't feel like you're running on the ground and the animation doesn't match the movement speed.

The character models need to feel like they have more life to them like SWG they animated really nicely before the whole CU and NGE thing. I loved the movement acceleration and all the nice dances and emotes. I love in GTA 4 how the character animates like he's in the world like when he walks down the stairs it feels right unlike in this game where it feels more like a slide.

It's just the production values of the game that ruins it for me. Fallen Earth is the kinda game I wish Blizzard made because they'd get all the things I said right.

Originally posted by Varny

Dunno when I played aslong as your cursor was on them you can't miss and theres no hitboxes or anything.

There are no die rolls on hitting. Its all your ability to aim. 

----------

How are you?" -Me

• FedacorrFedacorr Member Posts: 45

You are not likely to see 'open PvP sectors' in this game, since the base design is intended to never force players into PvP, and there is no 'fast travel'.   Sectors are all linked to other sectors, currently in a chain (sprial around a central sector, actually), so that any 'PvP sector' would have to be on the 'outside' of the basic spiral, with no sector (other than another PvP required sector) accessed through it.

The posted rules include a ruleset for an open PvP server, if one is ever opened. 

There already is PvP. Please to be leaving sector one please.

----------

How are you?" -Me

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831

Is this game a skill system?