Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll: What type of MMO are you looking for?

2»

Comments

• elderotterelderotter Member Posts: 651
    Originally posted by bifodus

Originally posted by elderotter

EVE is close to what I want.  I'd like a fantasy EVE - hoping great things for Secret World if they ever make it(same company as EVE - based on the White Wolf games like Vampire the Masquerade).

That would be awesome, if such a thing were possible.  I've often wondered how you could take all the awesome elements of EVE and get rid of the boring elements, but I keep finding that a lot of the awesome parts depend on the boring parts.  It definitely needs to keep its open-endedness and player driven content, and the ability to kill any player at any time (although a bounty system and some NPC protection, similar to CONCORD, would be nice).  Not a single clue where to go from there, though.  It could use a skill based system similar to Asheron's Call or Elder Scrolls rather than the class based cliche from all the other fantasy MMOs out there.  It would need some serious innovation, though, because a mishmash of existing games wouldn't suffice.

Yeah  I bought Champions online pre-order, guess it'll come in a day or 2.  I don't care - I am having so much fun having rediscovered Elder Scrolls: Oblivion(and have added a bunch of mods) that I may not even load Champions.

Originally posted by Loke666

Originally posted by Vanpry

EVE is close to what I want.  I'd like a fantasy EVE - hoping great things for Secret World if they ever make it(same company as EVE - based on the White Wolf games like Vampire the Masquerade).

I'm pretty sure Secret World is by Funcom and I know World of Darkness is by CCP (Eve Creator).

Yeah, Secret world is based on Delta green/ Call of Cthulu. So both games are modern gothic horror games without levels and are both based on pen and paper RPGs, it is understandable that he mixed them up.

Both of them are worth trying, I love Delta green and World of darkness :)

maybe Secret World isn't what I am thinking of - I mean I want to check it out but there is another game based on the White Wolf games that the EVE Company has bought the rights to and will be making... I loved Vampire the Maquerade so I am sure it'll be good.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

none found it last week-end after blizzcon 

found eq2

• tupodawg999tupodawg999 Member UncommonPosts: 724

I keep wondering about all the different possible types of game you could make using Eve's basic design. If the game was based on your avatar being some kind of vehicle there's a lot of possibilities.

Waterworld: sea version with ships (either sci fi or fantasy) the safe regions would be based around larger islands with their protective navies but you could head out and either find smaller islands for your base or make artificial ones. Mining would involve deep sea diving probes instead of lasers.

Mech or Mad Max: post apocalyptic. the equivalent of asteroid belts would be ruined cities and giant scrap heaps where you'd scavenge for parts and raw materials. the safe zones could be domed towns and cities. you could have scavenger mechs, trucker mechs or war mechs.

Fantasy Mad Max: Fantasy planet where the surface is crawling with land shark type mobs from AC so the only safe travel is on some kind of mumakil or dinosaur type beast with a howdah. That's like your ship and you'd equip it with archers instead of lasers.

Humanoid avatar: Could be an avatar's avatar i.e a telepathically created version of your character. A sci fi version might be post apocalyptic and your character is safe in their vault and it's too dangerous outside but the people have learned how to create telepathic avatars they send out into the world to do stuff. A fantasy version could be like WoW's emerald dream idea where your actual character is in a trance back in safe terriotory and your character's avatar is in a kind dream world or alternate dimension. If the combat was through your character's avatar using psychic type powers then you could pretty much copy the vehicle style combat as well. Eventually your avatar might be able to build some kind of pod thing like a POS that allowed it to store itself outside the vault.

Originally posted by Vanpry

I'm pretty sure Secret World is by Funcom and I know World of Darkness is by CCP (Eve Creator).

you are right, my fault - getting old and the memory is shot.