Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Over hyped ?

1235»

Comments

• LeucrottaLeucrotta Member Posts: 679
    Originally posted by tro44_1

But of corse
    why play a MMORPG if I can play a console RPG? MMORPG supose to provide something, and Guild Wars lacked it

Like?

• flygon09flygon09 Member UncommonPosts: 3

way too over hyped.

uhh

• sazabisazabi Member UncommonPosts: 389
    Originally posted by Albos

Thanks for starting this :) as soon as saw the hype chart and gw2 being 1st with big difference I thought not to visit this site anymore, I remembered playing gw and got so dissappointed and now the sequel has high hype....Just to give you a heads up tho, only reason is cause people are cheap and don't want to pay2play monthly, they prefer to play crapy games and not to pay then an awsome game that charges monthly.

crappy game?

more like game that has no alternatives and is the best for what you pay. actually much better than most p2p games as well.

also if you didnt like gw only coz you played through tutorial area/first area after tutorial area.... and never tried any pvp apart from random/team arenas... well you didnt play the game. why? im not saying 'go play highest level pvp' or 'go play end game content' (both things are awesome and must try ofcourse, but whatever). what im saying then? game is called GUILD wars. GUIIIILLLDDD. fucking. wars. unless you played atleast one guild vs guild match where people got a clue how to play a game (no war/mo's fellas) then you really experienced the game. untill you do that... your opinion has no worth.

its like playing quake without trying it online. wasted potential.

"MMORPG supose to provide something, and Guild Wars lacked it"

dont get me started. everyone these days wants every mmo to be the same.

OH SHIT THEY GOT MORE INSTANCES THAN USUAL = SUX. not really. different game is a different game.

that never means game is bad...

• tro44_1tro44_1 Member Posts: 1,819
    Originally posted by sazabi

Thanks for starting this :) as soon as saw the hype chart and gw2 being 1st with big difference I thought not to visit this site anymore, I remembered playing gw and got so dissappointed and now the sequel has high hype....Just to give you a heads up tho, only reason is cause people are cheap and don't want to pay2play monthly, they prefer to play crapy games and not to pay then an awsome game that charges monthly.

crappy game?

more like game that has no alternatives and is the best for what you pay. actually much better than most p2p games as well.

also if you didnt like gw only coz you played through tutorial area/first area after tutorial area.... and never tried any pvp apart from random/team arenas... well you didnt play the game. why? im not saying 'go play highest level pvp' or 'go play end game content' (both things are awesome and must try ofcourse, but whatever). what im saying then? game is called GUILD wars. GUIIIILLLDDD. fucking. wars. unless you played atleast one guild vs guild match where people got a clue how to play a game (no war/mo's fellas) then you really experienced the game. untill you do that... your opinion has no worth.

its like playing quake without trying it online. wasted potential.

"MMORPG supose to provide something, and Guild Wars lacked it"

dont get me started. everyone these days wants every mmo to be the same.

OH SHIT THEY GOT MORE INSTANCES THAN USUAL = SUX. not really. different game is a different game.

that never means game is bad...

Didnt say it was bad. But it still lacks in the areas that make up the MMORPG Genre.

Ask yourself, What makes Console RPGs like Tales, Dark Cloud, ext a different Genre from a MMORPG like WoW, War,Eq, Aion, AoC.

Answer that, and compare it to what Guild Wars has. Tell me what you find

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by billybob77

why is the hype of this game so high ?. .its not even an mmo, and there is almost 0 information about this game yet..

It is more of a MMO than we seen before. The first game wasn't a regular MMO but what they called a CORPG, the 2nd game will have a more persistant world than we seen in any current game. Without monthly fees.

Besides, the first game sold 6 million copies and is a low budget game, this one is a full budget MMO without monthly fees and RMT. We never seen something like that before.

the reason the hyope meter is so high now is because they finally starting to release info about the game now, it will be a lot higher just before launch.

I have been waiting 3 years already for this game. Just because you seen very little info doesn't mean that it isn't out there.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Didnt say it was bad. But it still lacks in the areas that make up the MMORPG Genre.
    Ask yourself, What makes Console RPGs like Tales, Dark Cloud, ext a different Genre from a MMORPG like WoW, War,Eq, Aion, AoC.

Endless grinding? It sure doesn't have that.

A story that was probably written by a 1000 monkeys? Not that either.

Fair PvP based on playerskills instead of gear? It have a lot of that.

The MMOs out there seems to have forgotten the RPG point in MMORPG. Guildwars is closer to a solo RPG in many waysthan a regular MMO. But that isn't a bad thing.

• AlbosAlbos Member Posts: 132

Overhyped cause it doesn't have monthly fee.

Overhyped cause it doesn't have monthly fee.

Thats the true seller point of GW2 and GW.

Without it, it would flop. I hope Anet doesnt plan to use F2P as an excuse to hafea** things once again.

Originally posted by Loke666

1) Endless grinding? It sure doesn't have that.

2) A story that was probably written by a 1000 monkeys? Not that either.

3) Fair PvP based on playerskills instead of gear? It have a lot of that.

4) The MMOs out there seems to have forgotten the RPG point in MMORPG. Guildwars is closer to a solo RPG in many waysthan a regular MMO. But that isn't a bad thing.

1) All MMOs have Grinding in some way. Single player RPG on the other hand, may or may not. Titles?

2) LoTR has a story written by 1000 monkeys? Or did you mean Primates?

3) Again, Console RPG has this since all PvP is instanced. MMORPG-- No. Even the Mist will be effected by Lvling and gear. Read up on it.

4) But that still makes it closer to a Console Rpg game then a MMO.  There are many great Single player RPGs out there (even from the 16bit Sega, but that doesnt make it a great MMORPG.

Sorry

• 3L1TE3L1TE Member Posts: 167

Originally posted by Cablespider

That's the dumbest drivel I've seen in a long time.

I didn't even get through the first page without seeing a post I didn't like, Guild Wars lacks nothing in terms of gameplay PvP is it's main focus as it's a CORPG (Competitive Online Role Playing Game)sure it doesn't lack the massive part in every part of the game but check a few of the larger cities / hangout spots and you'll see hundreds of people. Additionally I'd have no problem paying to play a game if that game provided something different then every other Fantasy, Sci-Fi, etc MMO.

• amigaonesamigaones Member Posts: 12

For me Guild Wars is the best MMO by far. And i tried many with P2P. So if only for your own reason you start such a troll thread its sad. Go play your game of choice and stop hating. And stop writing lies, only because of your own taste of games.

Playing: Guild Wars, Runes of Magic
    Waiting: Guild Wars 2

• damagedamage Member UncommonPosts: 45

I was just reading some comments on the hype and this guy give gw2 a 1 because that guild wars was not a mmo lol ppl rely need to do some research be for rating a game.

• abyss610abyss610 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,131

no i don;t think its over hyped, main reason and only reason for alot of people that don't play GW is because its not an open world. GW2 will be an open world, i loved the GW classes but being completely instanced just sucked i couldn't get into it. i am looking forward to GW2 tho. i have factions but i don't even play it, and its free..lol

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614

i juz really hate it when people give GW2 a hype rating of 1 juz to bring it down and cuz they didnt like GW1

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

guild wars 2 will be fun.i enjoyed guild wars yes instancing was annoying 

but i still like the game

guild wars 2 boot most of the instancing,they just keep it where its needed not everywhere like it used too

• PsythosPsythos Member UncommonPosts: 124

I never played GW1 and i dont think GW2 is over hyped either. The artwork in GW2 looks fantastic though.