Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

old asura vs new asura?

VowOfSilenceVowOfSilence Member UncommonPosts: 565

vs.

love yoda, but i'll go with stich this time.

Hype train -> Reality

Comments

• criticaleroscriticaleros Member Posts: 1

XDD

i think i lol'd, the new asura definitley look like they've been redesigned, they have some weird evil facial features

and Stitch>Yoda :P

• GennadiosGennadios Member Posts: 209

Yeah. Something definitely seems off about these new asura.

Hopefully They're just hobbitizing them in the trailer so as not to scare anyone off, and the character generation options will allow players the freedom to make GW1 asura if they so want.

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614

i lold at ur Vekk wielding a fan offhand :D

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

• shad0wyoneshad0wyone Member Posts: 20

Well, it IS 250 years in the future. Time has a habit of changing things.

• TetsunamiTetsunami Member Posts: 20

being a race that lived entirely underground and now lives exclusively above ground some small changes or adaptations are bound to occur whether through evolution or magic the asura need to adapt to the new world they live in. I do however hope the character customization will allow for a huge variety of looks.

• KwintpodKwintpod Member Posts: 262

I think the old asura looks way too primitive to fit their lore of tinkering geniuses, I like the new one better

• Epoch29Epoch29 Member Posts: 4

I really like the new one a lot more. Here's to hoping that there is a large variety you can create with customization tools. Although an Asura will probably be the last character I roll.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

I prefer the uglier more primative look of the old asura then the new one. Old ones have character, new ones seem a bit more bland.

• KwintpodKwintpod Member Posts: 262
    Originally posted by Gennadios

Yeah. Something definitely seems off about these new asura.
    Hopefully They're just hobbitizing them in the trailer so as not to scare anyone off, and the character generation options will allow players the freedom to make GW1 asura if they so want.

Tbh, the asuras we've seen in game(trailer) look more like the "old" ones than the one we see on the concept art

• GennadiosGennadios Member Posts: 209
    Originally posted by Kwintpod

Tbh, the asuras we've seen in game(trailer) look more like the "old" ones than the one we see on the concept art

They do, but it still seems to me that their skin tone/eyes have been altered to be more appealing. ANet can probably justify it simply by saying that these are simply adaptations to living life above ground, and I'll buy it.

BUT

When I create my own asura, It damn well better have two rows of shark teeth.